Author Topic: How to avoid razor burn with daily shaves  (Read 3419 times)

Offline greenie14

• Sly Guy in Training
How to avoid razor burn with daily shaves
« on: April 04, 2011, 03:35:37 PM »
Hi guys,

I am new to the site, I have been shaving my head for a while now, I like to shave daily but often get razor burn when I do. Should I be doing something different? Like more headslick or a different gel or is there a product i dont know about.  thanks any info would be great

Offline Jimlog

• Sly Jr.
Re: How to avoid razor burn with daily shaves
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2011, 03:24:42 AM »
I find headslick to be the best, but maybe you are using too much pressure when you are shaving? Or maybe when you do have a bit of razor burn, shave with the grain, not against...

Offline cholifoli

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2011, 11:09:11 AM »
I have been fighting a touch of razor burn as well. I used bump patrol and it seemed to help a little. My dad has been shaving his head as far back as I can remember. I asked him and he said cortizone 10, I have not tried it myself yet but I just picked some up at walmart (4.95). He swears up and down that it will help tremendously. I will give it a shot and post the results.

Offline cholifoli

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2011, 12:37:53 PM »
I applied some Cortizone 10 a couple of hours ago. The inflammation has already decreased slightly. If anyone is having issues, give it a shot.

Offline lordmage

• Sly
  • Mac it's the Cheesiest
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2011, 05:11:10 AM »
hot water pre-shave routine and scrub with a good shave lotion and clean blade and sanitized a good blade will not pull the hair but quickly cut it the pull creates ingrowns. 
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do." Samuel Langhorne Clemens
"Just Do it" Nike
"shave that darn head already" Lordmage :P

Enter your email address: