Author Topic: urgent , please help  (Read 14201 times)

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
Re: urgent , please help
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2011, 05:02:09 PM »
Not that anybody cares.  :'( :'(

Exactly. You're totally superficial, it's sickening. You need to find somewhere else to whine.  b@b~

Offline buddha

• Sly Bureau
  • Cut myself shaving!
« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2011, 05:27:43 PM »
A bit vain? That's like saying that Jimi Hendrix is a bit dead. The point is that everyone's devastating good looks fade with age. (Well not mine of course because I never really had any to begin with). The thing that will hold peoples' interest long after the looks are faded is the character that you display and that, my brother, has very little to do with looks or hair color. What I might suggest is making a habit of extending an occasional kindness to someone for no reason and with no thought of compensation. Just do something nice for somebody else once in a while. Help an old lady across the street. Volunteer one day a week/month at your local hospital. Because the problem is that you are isolated from the suffering of the rest of the world. When you wake up and realize that the sun doesn't revolve around you you'll be capable of doing something truly productive. And people will be drawn to you not because of your devastating good looks but because of who you are.
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it never really care for anything else thereafter."
Ernest Hemingway, On The Blue Water.

Offline JesseN

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2011, 07:32:18 PM »
Not that anybody cares.  :'( :'(

Exactly. You're totally superficial, it's sickening. You need to find somewhere else to whine.  b@b~

You should dye your beard.

Offline buddha

• Sly Bureau
  • Cut myself shaving!
« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2011, 06:13:57 AM »
Wow, this is getting ugly. Over and out!
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it never really care for anything else thereafter."
Ernest Hemingway, On The Blue Water.

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2011, 08:19:49 AM »
Not that anybody cares.  :'( :'(

Exactly. You're totally superficial, it's sickening. You need to find somewhere else to whine.  b@b~

You should dye your beard.

I don't think so troll. Unlike you, I'm happy with myself. I agree with buddha, over and out.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 08:22:04 AM by xnewyawka »

Offline Rusty Shackleford

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2011, 01:10:53 PM »
I admit that I can be a bit vain at times but I'm finding it really devastating to watch my good looks fade.  My hair continues to fall out and I'm really going to have to do something about it soon. I wish I had the money for a hair transplant but it looks like I am going to be left with no choice but to shave my head.   Bald.   :'(   And my GF's friend who is a hair stylist says that if I'm allergic to J4M then I'll probably have the same reaction to other dye products.  I can't shave it off because of the scar on my chin and because the GF really likes it. The beard, that is, not the scar.  So now I'm faced with the unappealing prospect of being a baldheaded grey-bearded old man at 35. Not that anybody cares.  :'( :'(

I have always freaked out about getting older.  I don't know why, but even when I was a kid I would divide my age by 80 to see what percentage of my life was already gone.  I was never excited about birthdays other than for the fact that I would get presents.  When I was a kid I did not like getting older even though it meant I could do more things (drive, vote, drink, etc...) So I can appreciate your fear of seeing the death spiral of age showing on your body.

1) If you want to look younger then shave your head.  Guys who shave their heads seem to become ageless and can easily pass as 10 years older or younger.  I'm close to being 37 and people sometimes think I'm in my late 20s.

2) Goatees don't turn gray overnight so it's obviously gray right now.  If you've been hiding the gray the entire time she's known you then I suggest shaving it off and dealing with the scar.  If you're going natural right now then the cat's already out of the bag.

3) I've read that off-the-shelf dyes are totally different from professional dyes, so it's possible you may not be allergic to those.  There's also a type made out of Henna that a search on Google showed as being "hypoallergenic"
Take a look at these search results for Hypoallergenic beard dye:  http://tinyurl.com/3wnllzs

4) Shave the head and the goatee and get corrective surgery on the scar.  At some point your goatee will be white as snow and very old guys with darkly dyed hair look... like walking corpses? Since you tend to base your relationships on lies you're probably going to need to catch new trophy girlfriends on a fairly regular basis, and at some point the white goat's gonna need to go.

5) If you're 40 then it's only a matter of time before it gets exposed anyway.   Got Facebook?  Someone's bound to make a reference to your age on the wall at some point.  "Hey man why weren't you at our 20th back in '09?"  Don't got Facebook?  Only old people don't have Facebook!  Even if someone else doesn't reveal the secret, you will!  You're bound to say something like "I remember being in calculus class when the shuttle blew up!" or "After I graduated college my new job was so great I went out and treated myself to a Super Nintendo!"

6) OK, so you've stopped your goatee from exposing your hair but now what?  What about your chest hair and the skin next to your eyes?  How are you going to handle hiding the aches and pains of growing older?

7)  Get rich (before it's illegal) or famous (not infamous).  Women don't care how old or ugly you are if they can drain wealth and fame from you - just ask Jagger or Sean Connery.

8) In the grand scheme of things 35 isn't all that much different from 40, I hope.

Like I said, I appreciate your fear but I think what you are doing is a bit... deceptive and unfeasible?
You don't know me, but I know you.

Offline marcx

• Sly
« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2011, 02:37:11 PM »
I do not believe a word of this nonsense=--someone is yanking our chain--and is now turning rude as well :x!.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #37 on: April 18, 2011, 09:47:02 PM »
... You're bound to say something like "I remember being in calculus class when the shuttle blew up!" or "After I graduated college my new job was so great I went out and treated myself to a Super Nintendo!"

Some of us actually were in calculus class when the shuttle blew up.   ::)

Offline Rusty Shackleford

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #38 on: April 18, 2011, 10:11:14 PM »
... You're bound to say something like "I remember being in calculus class when the shuttle blew up!" or "After I graduated college my new job was so great I went out and treated myself to a Super Nintendo!"

Really?  That's hilarious!  I picked calculus because I wanted to pick something that sounded high school instead of middle or elementary school.   I was only a 6th grader sitting on my sleeping bag watching the Price is Right because we had a snow day. 

You know maybe Jesse ought to send me his girlfriend's number because I'm a young and single 36 year old.   Awl, damn, but I have gray in my goatee so she's just going to think I'm 40 anyway.
You don't know me, but I know you.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #39 on: April 19, 2011, 04:58:37 AM »

Really?  That's hilarious! 

Yes, really.   :)

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #40 on: April 19, 2011, 05:58:25 PM »
This guy Jesse is baiting everyone here. A handful of posts and almost every one is of the woe is me variety. Smart assing Buddha, a long time member who always posts in good taste, has made me put my finger on the ban button.

If you're for real Jesse... now's the time to straighten up.

Trolls dry up and blow away if you just don't feed them. Let this thread die guys.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline JesseN

• Sly Guy in Training

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #42 on: April 19, 2011, 11:03:32 PM »
This thread is lame so I locked it.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.