Author Topic: Life without the "system"  (Read 8247 times)

Offline mikesj

• Sly
Life without the "system"
« on: April 13, 2007, 09:46:59 PM »
First night out as a bald guy.....am so jazzed. Ditched the hairpiece "system" after 13 years today. For those of you who have decided to stop wearing a piece, how has your life changed?
Just tonight it was so great to feel the wind on my head and not worry about the rug coming off.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: Life without the "system"
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2007, 09:59:34 PM »
Congrats on your liberation!!  No you can look forward to a good head rub!
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2007, 10:03:57 PM »
Congratulations! (**!

Offline Cam

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • The honey tastes sweeter when you anger the bees.
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2007, 10:06:49 PM »
Congrats, brother! Glad you finally saw the light!  O0

Offline blondeguy

• Super Sly
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2007, 11:07:10 PM »
That feeling of liberation is the best part of going sly. O0

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2007, 11:26:15 PM »
Congratulations Mike, glad you found it to be a positive experience.
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline Kajun

• T-Sly Boudreaux
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2007, 12:44:11 AM »
mike..congrats on the liberation! it looks sly! while i never wore a system or did combovers..i did sport a horsehoe hairdoo for 12 yrs....and i can sorta relate to the fear of the rug flying off on a windy day....for me ..my rug was my baseball cap...and i was always embarassed when it would fly off unexpectedly...even if i was with people that KNEW i was bald lol  :/O it was worst when around people i didnt know.....never again!!

my life has changed in many ways.....some of the best things are no more worrying about how my hair looks,no more grey hair!.....i now ROLL DOWN THE WINDOWS while driving! i dont fear the WIND and enjoy a windy breeze on the head....walking in the rain is NO problem!..i havent been swimming yet but i know that will rock also.......head rubs... >:D nough said.... O0

« Last Edit: April 14, 2007, 12:48:55 AM by Kajun »
VIVA LA SLY REVOLUCION!!!

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2007, 04:45:00 AM »
Way to go, Mike!!

For those of you who have decided to stop wearing a piece, how has your life changed?
Just tonight it was so great to feel the wind on my head and not worry about the rug coming off.

Other than "don" I'm not sure we have active posters who have worn a piece....I think he still wears his....maybe coming from a recovered, reformed and liberated former rugmeister...he'll have some empathetic encouragement to embrace the liberation you've discovered. O0

jusbnme

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2007, 04:47:44 AM »
Congrats bro.  Welcome to the "sly side."

Offline Professor Melon

• Professor Melon
  • Super Sly
  • Professor Melon
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2007, 05:33:57 AM »
 :D :D :D Free at last, free at last, thank God a-mighty, you're free at last, Mike! I never wore a system and only flirted with the idea of plugs, but I can appreciate the anxiety you've suffered. I do not know how much money I wasted on follicle-stimulating pills and hairspray to glue my thinning hair in place. I nearly murdered an inconsiderate friend who rolled down the top of his convertible, while I squirmed in embarrasement. Now I am honest with myself and the world, have become a smoothness perfectionist, and more often than not choose Headlube glossy before setting out. As many bros on this site can attest, you're probably wondering what took you so long. Welcome aboard, Professor Melon
Embrace the bald truth

Offline Beer Barron

• Super Sly
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2007, 06:51:12 AM »
Isn't freedom great? :)

Offline mikesj

• Sly
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2007, 02:37:17 AM »
After 3 days, I know I made the right decision . I will never go back. I keep looking forward to the next shave.

Offline Kajun

• T-Sly Boudreaux
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2007, 03:11:55 AM »
glad to hear your enjoying your liberation Mike! O0 keep us updated !
VIVA LA SLY REVOLUCION!!!

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2007, 06:21:59 AM »
mike..congrats on the liberation! it looks sly! while i never wore a system or did combovers..i did sport a horsehoe hairdoo for 12 yrs....and i can sorta relate to the fear of the rug flying off on a windy day....for me ..my rug was my baseball cap...and i was always embarassed when it would fly off unexpectedly...even if i was with people that KNEW i was bald lol  :/O it was worst when around people i didnt know.....never again!!

my life has changed in many ways.....some of the best things are no more worrying about how my hair looks,no more grey hair!.....i now ROLL DOWN THE WINDOWS while driving! i dont fear the WIND and enjoy a windy breeze on the head....walking in the rain is NO problem!..i havent been swimming yet but i know that will rock also.......head rubs... >:D nough said.... O0

DITTO for the Schro! Well stated, Kajun. Couldn't agree more.

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2007, 06:38:57 AM »
YEAH MIKE!!! WOOHOO!!! WAY TO GO BROTHER!!

!B@ !B@ !B@ !B@ W3!ght W3!ght YR*(k YR*(k d5c*

What can I say? That's how I felt when I logged on and read this thread.
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!