Author Topic: Bodybuilding  (Read 10177 times)

Offline stalkingwolf

• Sly Guy in Training
  • Beast by nature, BBC
Bodybuilding
« on: March 25, 2011, 11:56:00 PM »
Getting into bodybuilding wondering if any other sly guys have the same ambitions.

Offline jimtriz

• Sly Guy in Training
Re: Bodybuilding
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2011, 09:33:39 AM »
I've been using my bowflex Exteme 2Se for about two years now...just started the "Insanity" home work out dvd's to whip myself into better shape and boost up the cardio.  It's the hardest thing I've ever done!!  Absolutely exhausted after each workout, but it feels great!!  I think a fit body goes hand in hand with the confident sly guy look...

Offline Snakehandler

• Sly
  • Snakehandler
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2011, 03:31:20 PM »
I started bodybuilding at age 13. And was consistent to age 25. Hit & miss because of working several jobs & raising a family until age 47. I'm 60 now & been consistent for the last 13 years. It's a great & healthy lifestyle if you stay natural & stay away from the juice ! Google Vince Gironda. He's the Iron Guru of natural bodybuilding ! You won't go wrong following his advice :):)

Offline SlyCanuck

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2011, 09:34:07 PM »
Bodybuilding-ya baby!  Been at it for over a decade. I've been a competitive bodybuilder (and a champion). I've taken a couple of years off but now back in the gym and loving it!!!
Help a bald brother out.  We are entered in a contest to win $5000 based on votes for our video.  If you have a facebook account, click on the link and please vote! http://teammysask411.com/winbig-vote/view/user/colleen

Offline slybronco

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2011, 08:09:31 PM »
Been working out regularly now for about half a year. Slightly longer than I've been sly. Have my own gym at home so it has def made it easier. Been laid off helps get in shape!  :px

Offline johnssimpsons

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2011, 05:52:02 AM »
I have started body-building when I was in college. It was my passion to join gym and increase my health and look. I usually do lots of things to remain fit. Body building is passion of every youth. It give us healthy and fit body to impress anyone.

Offline Skimdude

• Sly Jr.
  • Sly since 07-01-11
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2011, 09:58:02 AM »
I started bodybuilding at age 13. And was consistent to age 25. Hit & miss because of working several jobs & raising a family until age 47. I'm 60 now & been consistent for the last 13 years. It's a great & healthy lifestyle if you stay natural & stay away from the juice ! Google Vince Gironda. He's the Iron Guru of natural bodybuilding ! You won't go wrong following his advice :):)

Best advice that could be given to body build: Stay natural and away from the juice.  I would also add to keep an eye on your diet, eat balanced meals, healthy food (a lot of fruits, meat and vegetables), sleep well and train as hard as you can (cardio + weights, insanity, TRX).

Good luck and enjoy it!
SURF AND SKIM - COSTA RICA

Offline Paul the Headblader

• Sly Bureau
  • They see me rollin' they hatin'
    • My facebook page :)
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2011, 06:28:53 AM »
I worked out a while ago... the fitness trainer was a sly brother:D
be who you are, say what you feel, because those who matter don't mind, and those who mind don't matter

Offline georgedepp

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2011, 07:07:41 AM »
Body building is one of the best hobby of mine. I started work out in early morning. I go for early morning walk and then go for gym. I work out for three hours daily to get good body shape.

Offline cbhattarai

• health Magic
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2012, 03:32:15 AM »
I am interested in it, but i would like to have an athlete body...

Offline Baldstu

• Sly Bureau
  • Me
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2012, 03:35:50 AM »
I wish you  well ^-^ ^-^ look with it 

Offline Morton

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2012, 07:30:39 PM »
I've always worked out/done sports but have been going to a gym for about 4 years. I lift but prefer chin-ups, pull-ups and dips.

Does anyone here take virgin coconut oil? I eat quite a balanced diet at least during the week and take fish oil and a multi-vitamin. I've recently upped my natural protein intake and quit whey protein. I'm thinking about adding coconut oil to my diet.

Offline thatfella

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2012, 10:44:46 PM »
Bodybuilding has definitely become a passion of mine. I was always overweight growing up and really stacked on the kgs after highschool ballooning to 128kgs ( not sure how much that is in pounds fellas). I've gradually made changes tried different tactics and got down to 87kgs and am now 98 kgs with muscle.

My biggest recommendations to anyone are to eat in moderation, spoil yourself every now and again and importantly find what you enjoy about exercise and get amongst it. Finding likeminded people for support is recommended to.

Offline Snakehandler

• Sly
  • Snakehandler
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2012, 02:07:08 PM »
Building an athletic physique is easy enough to do.
Don't know anyone that takes virgin coconut oil.
Definition is mainly achieved & maintained by diet.
Eating healthy & in moderation will build muscle with the least amount of fat
There are different eating plans for achieving different goals.  :)

Offline Electric Rider

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2012, 09:30:04 PM »
I just got into this. I started using a Lifeline Gym with a 60 lbs resistance cable and a resistance bar. These work pretty good to get you in better shape and get stronger but they don't compare to free weights. If your not looking for big muscles or the ripped beach body of pro bodybuilders the Lifeline Gym will get you stronger and help you lose weight.

I used it for the last several months cus it was cheap. Now I've out grown it and gotten a cheap 300 lbs Olympic weight set. It's the El Cheapo kind you used to see in the 70's and 80's. Plates made of concrete encased in vinyl. It was what I could afford for 69.99 at Academy sporting goods. I'm only lifting 70 lbs to start but by the time I can bench 150 I'll be able to afford a better set with iron plates. My set is a Marcy VB-300. I also got the El Cheapo 40 lbs dumbbell set with Gold Gym's name on it at walmart. The company Cap makes these, not golds gym. I think that's funny.

So far i love it - just wish i could do a proper squat without feeling like i'm gonna fall on my butt.