Author Topic: Good Sunscreen for Concrete Work  (Read 2337 times)

Offline kenny57028

• Super Sly
Good Sunscreen for Concrete Work
« on: March 23, 2011, 04:34:25 PM »
Hey guys I'ma be workin for a friends concrete company this summer and with as white as my skin is the burn is inevitable. My skin burns pretty quickly and pretty badly without sunscreen. Do any of you guys have any recommendations for a sunscreen that I could use to help prevent the burn?

The reason people find it so hard to be happy is that they always see the Past better than it was,
the Present worse than it is & the future less resolved than it will be.

Offline customdoors1

• Big Baldie
  • Sly Guy in Training
  • Pete
Re: Good Sunscreen for Concrete Work
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2011, 05:39:50 PM »
Hey Kenny I work outside all winter and summer I use Headlube SPF 30. It works great use it after you shave it dries great and is not greasy
Big Baldie
😎😎😎

Offline jimbo48

• Sly
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2011, 08:08:16 PM »
Do sunscreens allow the scalp to tan?

Offline sailor61

• Super Sly
  • Into my 6th year...why did I ever have hair???
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2011, 08:13:49 PM »
it depends on how high the SPF(sun protection factor?)  number is.  the higher the number, the closer it is to a total block.

the lower end of the range will allow some tanning but it all depends on an individual's skin.
TJ

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

Offline kenny57028

• Super Sly
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2011, 08:15:31 PM »
Well im white as snow so I'm not looking to tan, because well I really don't tan. I'm just looking to prevent looking like a lobster.
The reason people find it so hard to be happy is that they always see the Past better than it was,
the Present worse than it is & the future less resolved than it will be.

MikeBrke

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2011, 09:09:59 PM »
Instead of applying sunscreen daily to your dome, why not just wear a hat or bandanna? Most of the guys I see working outside with shaved heads wear a hat; It is easier, cheaper, and more effective.

Also, you can always bring a "backup" bottle of sunblock in case you need it. They even make little ones that attach to your keyring.   

If you do decide to wear a hat, make sure you still put sunscreen on your face, neck (back of neck too), and ears. I've seen quite a few guys in sunny Florida with skin cancer on their faces, necks and ears. Doesn't look fun.