Author Topic: Sara's Fitness Challenge aka HC  (Read 22066 times)

Offline HotCajun

• Super Sly
    • myspace
Sara's Fitness Challenge aka HC
« on: April 12, 2007, 10:05:16 PM »
Where in the H*LL has this thread been....(right here Sara)  :/O

Anyway....so guys and gals I totally need this....I have been trying to lose about 10 to 15 and I really want to tone up!!! I want my wash board stomache back!!! I'd like to get more definition in my arms.....If you guys have any advice for me, please help me out....I do about 30 to 45 minutes of cardio 3 or 4 times a week...I'm afraid that if I weight train I'll bulk up and I don't want to be a body builder!!!

I have started a new diet, well, about two weeks ago.... I'm at 132...I'd like to be between 115 or 120 - I'm 5'3 so really 5 pounds shows on me! (Please don't comment back on you look fine just the way you are...I really want this!!!)

Breakfast - Scrambled Eggs (no yolk) 0r Special K Red Berries

Snack - Yogurt

Lunch - Tuna in the can or a salad (Light Vinegrette Dressing) or tuna salad...lol

Dinner - Baked Fish and Steamed Veggies

I've been drinking Water or Lipton Diet Green Tea

I have to confess that I have not cut out any alcoholic consumption...hahaha...I really don't want to either, so if you have any ideas for lower calorie drinks other than Michelob Ultra I'll take'em!

Start weight: 132
Start Date: 4/1/07 (for Sh*ts and giggles)
Goal Date: May 25th

I'll be in Destin and I wanna look and feel the best I possibly can!!! If any of you have any diet tips or work out tips I'm all ears!!!

Offline frostillicus123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Forgot to Shave this morning
    • My Twitter Explict Language
Re: Sara's Fitness Challenge aka HC
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2007, 03:53:56 AM »
Beleive it or not i am a fitness instructor with the YMCA. I don't work there anymore but do have my papers.

Simple advice for you would be to try doing your cardio early in the morning, before you eat breakfast, that way you are burning pure calories. if this isn't possible do cardio 2 times a day, or 7 days aweek. I beleive you cannot over do cardio.

Also the more muscle mass you have on your body the easier it is to break down and process fat, so increasing the weight of your weights in oyur lifting routine will not bulk you up signifcantly.

PS you are beautiful you don't need to lose any weight
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/071111/samp9a1d5d13c394b3da.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2007, 07:07:14 AM »

PS you are beautiful you don't need to lose any weight

I totally agree.  O0       However, if you do want to tone up and not increase mass, increase the reps and not the weight.  This will allow for a good tone without necessarily increasing size.
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2007, 07:37:08 AM »
I know it's hard Sara, but I'm cutting out alcohol for the next two weeks, with the exception of 2 days (tomorrow and next Weds....date night and a golf outing). I understand the empty calorie thing. Also, I'm beginning to believe the concept of the Abs Diet more & more (more frequent eating to keep that "full" feeling, but healthier & smaller portions). Although I'm not a dietician, from what I've read the foods you've listed are good.

Yeah, more weight training aids in the burning of fat. Plus, muscle weighs more than fat, so you may not reach your weight goal, but clothes should fit better, and you'll get the tone, sexy look you're searching for. Although I firmly (pun intended) believe in the weight training thing, I haven't done much recently. I have some golf tournaments upcoming and don't want to screw with my swing too much until these are over. So, come early May I'm going to ease into some weight training.

Good Luck.
Schro

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2007, 09:02:51 AM »

(Please don't comment back on you look fine just the way you are...I really want this!!!)

Just couldn't resist, eh Frosty & Paul? :x!

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2007, 09:06:43 AM »

(Please don't comment back on you look fine just the way you are...I really want this!!!)

Just couldn't resist, eh Frosty & Paul? :x!

If you will notice RM, we did give some workout advice.    Geez, just trying to be our usual positive Sly selves. :-[
« Last Edit: April 13, 2007, 09:10:22 AM by Paul »
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline Kajun

• T-Sly Boudreaux
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2007, 09:29:51 AM »
i havent drank a beer in 2 weeks...i've dropped about 5lbs or so......i'd say quit drinking till may25th...it makes a big difference on the diet.
VIVA LA SLY REVOLUCION!!!

Offline schro

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2007, 10:19:05 AM »
i havent drank a beer in 2 weeks...i've dropped about 5lbs or so......i'd say quit drinking till may25th...it makes a big difference on the diet.

That's good to hear, Kajun. With the exception of two days, I don't plan on drinking until Apr. 28. I hope that, coupled with my running and diet change will get me to my 195 lb target (currently 202).

Hey Sara, was this the washboard stomach you were shooting for?

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2007, 10:22:46 AM »
Lots of sex!! It's fun and it burns calories. 

People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Blagadan

• Super Sly
  • Feckin' little baldy eejit!
    • My blog: Raiméis
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2007, 10:24:25 AM »

!*u%e

Offline HotCajun

• Super Sly
    • myspace
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2007, 12:00:50 PM »

That's good to hear, Kajun. With the exception of two days, I don't plan on drinking until Apr. 28. I hope that, coupled with my running and diet change will get me to my 195 lb target (currently 202).

I think I threw up in my mouth a little bit  !*u%e

I'm 25 guys....there is no way I can give up drinking till May 25th, but I figure I can make healthier drinking choices (Boy that last statement is contradictory) So if you know any...Robmeister???

Thank you guys for all the positive words and many tips....they will not be waisted.....except yours Tyler :(

Offline schro

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2007, 12:06:55 PM »
Hey what's wrong with sex? It simultaneously makes two or more people happy at the same time?  O0

Offline HotCajun

• Super Sly
    • myspace
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2007, 12:15:43 PM »
*I'm not even going to respond to this one.....cause I can see this conversation going down a long, dark, road..... ;D*

This thread is about fitness....not the sex life   :x! :x!

But thanks anyway for being concerned about both  :@` :@` SBG's  :@` :@`

Offline Shiny

• Sly
  • Celebrate the bean
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2007, 12:30:19 PM »

Now there's a mare that's has been ridden hard and put away wet.
I'm Brian and so is my wife!

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2007, 01:11:43 PM »

Now there's a mare that's has been ridden hard and put away wet.

That is an understatement............

*I'm not even going to respond to this one.....cause I can see this conversation going down a long, dark, road..... ;D*

This thread is about fitness....not the sex life   :x! :x!

But thanks anyway for being concerned about both  :@` :@` SBG's  :@` :@`

Like Paul said, we're just tryin to be positive and help ya out!
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Enter your email address: