Author Topic: Fiddling with the new look....  (Read 3055 times)

Offline sailor61

• Super Sly
  • Into my 6th year...why did I ever have hair???
Fiddling with the new look....
« on: February 14, 2011, 08:15:11 AM »
Joined the sly world a week and a half back but, as shows in the avatar, left my beard in a trimmed down state.  This morning I  was getting cleaned up and said to myself
"what the hell, gone this far so might as well...."

Brought the beard down to a goatee which was ok and then got even braver;  down to just a short moustache and some chin scruff.  Not happy with the result... I'll be letting it grow back in though I may take it all off before letting that happen.

Tried taking a pic this morning but haven't come up with a decent shot, will post when I do.

TJ

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

Offline sailor61

• Super Sly
Re: Fiddling with the new look.... picture
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2011, 08:42:29 AM »
Still not happy with the picture but it gives you an idea of how things are looking...

TJ

[/url]

Offline Noodles

• Proud Melon Member of The Sly Guy Club!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Fireman Dave
Re: Fiddling with the new look....
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2011, 10:08:54 AM »
From personal experience, I found that the more we (as guys), "fiddle", the more we "fuddle up"!!

- Cap'n Noodles -

All kidding aside, your new look is coming along fine. You'll come across the look your satisfied with when you least expect it.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 10:14:05 AM by Noodles »

seahawk guy

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2011, 11:25:29 AM »
I reckon you've got the right face for a goatee - good complememt to the sly look. Try letting it cover a slightly larger area.
Would look really great. I'm sure that getting rid of the full beard was right for you.

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2011, 12:28:03 PM »
Full beard looked fine to me. A Van Dyck (goatee == chin fur only) would also kick ass. Clean shaven, not for you in my opinion.

Offline sailor61

• Super Sly
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2011, 01:11:24 PM »
Have to agree with you Bear, I should have left things alone with the beard.  But we live and we learn...

Back to square one - removed the final remnants of the facial hair a few minutes ago.  Easier to start the whole thing over than deal with bits and pieces.

Beard has been grown in every fall for about 30 years so I know the drill ....  scruffy in a few days, presentable in about 2 weeks.  At its best in about 6 weeks -- just in time to take it off for the summer this year.

Might try just letting the goat fill in first and see what happens.

I'll get a few pics in a bit and post them = I can't any more sly than I am now unless I go after the eyebrows.... :o  (don't worry, not happening)
TJ

[/url]

Offline sailor61

• Super Sly
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2011, 03:32:59 PM »
OK guys - this picture is about as sly as I can get. Facial hair is gone and it's time to start it over at square one.  Took the dogs out for a run and snapped a few pictures - this is one of the better ones. 

TJ

[/url]

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2011, 04:19:07 PM »
Over the years I've gone the full gamut from full beard on down. Each time I shaved I was sorry , but after giving it a few days I got use to the new look. Same as going sly the first time , it takes awhile to adjust.
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Enter your email address: