Author Topic: What clothes look good on Bald Men?  (Read 72772 times)

Offline Sly Aussie

• Learning the way of Sly
What clothes look good on Bald Men?
« on: February 04, 2011, 05:35:07 PM »
Hi peeps.

Just thought I would share with you what works for me in the clothing department when I head out somewhere.

It's easy for us to become lazy and not look our best when we go out even just up to a local mall or something, then when you get there you seem to become self concious of what you're "not" wearing and your confidence goes down a little (Well this happens for me anyways)

I have tried numerous fashion trends to try to wear clothes that fit in with my bald dome, and the one constant I keep coming back to is ..........BLACK.

This colour looks really good on me, and have noticed that it looks really good on other bald men I see around. I tend to wear long sleeved black buttoned up shirts with my sleeves rolled up and just any sort of pants seem to go really good with this look. While im wearing black long sleeved collared shirts I seem to just have an abundance of confidence walking through malls/work/going out with friends and I have had compliments on this before.

I guess I started this thread because I know how hard some of us stress about how we look with no hair and I just wanted to start this to show you what worked for me and I'm sure this will work for alot of you too (My skin is not so tanned and the black doesn't really look so bad with it) Besides, I'ts all about how you wear your bald head isn't it????? You have to walk around confident, that way you seem to have this radience or energy where people seem to look at you as if your this awesome celebrity or something.

I guess what I'm saying is find something that suits you, find something you like and have that CONFIDENCE to wear it well with your bald dome and just be CONFIDENT, you'll be amazed at the reactions you'll get.

Thanks for listening guys. SLY ALL THE WAY

« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 02:25:06 PM by Tyler »

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
Re: What clothes look good on Bald Men?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2011, 05:39:38 PM »
I don't think there's any one style that suits everybody who is sly. It depends upon so many other variables.

However, you are right about attire and confidence. If you know you look good, it's a big confidence boost.

SInce going sly, I've upgraded my wardrobe a notch or two.

Offline zzaapp

• Sly
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2011, 10:30:34 AM »
What clothes look good on Bald Men?   I've said it before in another thread, but since you bring it up again...

...Bootedbear's green shirt...

Offline aarrggh

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2011, 11:05:18 AM »
 No clothes for me .   ;)

Offline CraftyGuy

• Ultimate Sly Guy
    • My Facebook page
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2011, 12:48:50 PM »
No clothes for me .   ;)

Gives "casual Friday" a whole new level of meaning!
MikeC

Offline mangosink12572

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Wonderful SHINY BALD
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2011, 01:03:41 PM »
Look how BLUE looks  - - -as long as the dome shines I do not care   - - -Black or a dark color does look good  with the  slick melon

Offline sellitman

• "Shiny"
  • Sly
  • Love My Henson Ti-22 Safety Razor!!!
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2011, 07:02:09 PM »
As you can tell from my picture - I too like black.

Black Moc turtle necks work for me. That Steve Jobs look. lol (Without the money)
"There is naught nor ought there be nothing so exalted on the face of God’s grey Earth as that prince of foods... the muffin!"- Frank Zappa

Offline Redgrave101

• Sly
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2011, 02:37:53 PM »
I always used to like wearing tight(ish) black t-shirts but stopped mainly because of the head shaving. I figured that the contrast between my head and the shirt would make me look very pale. I opted more for greys.

Offline Jack21

• Sly
  • Panta Rhei
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2011, 05:12:19 PM »
I stopped wearing boots and old white or black shirts. I wear a collar and tie far more often. I can't dress as I used to because I really look like a skinhead. I am a gym addict and the look is too intimdating. Grown women call me sir. Not good.
A sword unto Gideon and unto God

Offline The Noggin

• Pedestrian & Cyclist
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2011, 02:51:06 PM »
Sly or not - I don't like to wear black clothes. Dark colors or greys are fine though.
Ach du meine Nase!

Offline baldsurfer

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2011, 07:30:29 AM »
When I'm sly, I wear a lot of black. It definitely gives off a coll bad-ass vibe. But I also love dressing up more when I'm sly - suit and tie with a shiny head is a great look.

Offline buddha

• Sly Bureau
  • Cut myself shaving!
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2011, 08:44:05 AM »
IMO, Sly Men, having rejected society's norms of what looks good are empowered to clothe themselves in pretty much any manner that WE enjoy. If society doesn't like it or don't believe that it is "appropriate" that is society's problem.
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it never really care for anything else thereafter."
Ernest Hemingway, On The Blue Water.

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2011, 10:51:56 AM »
The same clothes that every other man chooses to wear, regardless of hair or not.
It's a personal choice.

Good point buddha.   O0

Offline BillOnBass

• Super Sly
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2011, 12:31:52 PM »
My wardrobe has gone from being brown-centric to black-centric after going sly.
"There he goes.  One of God's own prototypes.  A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production.  Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Offline Ming the Merciless

• Super Sly
  • No More "Mr. Nice Guy"
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2011, 05:14:32 PM »
Oh, "clothes."  What a bourgeois affectation!  I just slather on some Vaseline and roll in dried leaves (raked and saved in the fall) when I need to appear in public and "decent."  Otherwise, nothing between me and the solar spectrum but the atmosphere.