Author Topic: weird shaped head  (Read 28607 times)

Offline baller

• Sly Jr.
weird shaped head
« on: January 30, 2011, 04:22:48 AM »
Hi guys, this seems like a great place first of all.

I recently realized that my hair has gone thinner and it probably will continue that way.. I'm right now quite confused and don't really know what to do. Either I start some cind of treatment or I just wait until I have to shave it.

The thing is that I'm not sure if my head and ears will work with the bald look.

I think I'm fine in profile, I have a quite thin and long head but when I feel my head shape there are really sharp corners that could make my head look not so round and nice as most of yours when looking at me from the front or in an angle.

Another issue is that one of my ears is shaped a little bit different and is smaller that the other one. It can be fixed with plastic surgery if it looks completely crazy. But the shape of the head is harder to change.

Anyone have my cind of head and wants to share some pictures or know pictures of similar shaped heads?
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 11:52:15 AM by baller »

Offline The Noggin

• Pedestrian & Cyclist
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
Re: weird shaped head
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2011, 05:09:02 AM »
Welcome baller!

There is a thread about this whole issue with some pics in it: Click here.

Keep in mind that the mental image derived from feeling your head covered with hair can be very misleading - you have to cut the hair very short to see how it really looks. Furthermore, experience has shown that nobody is going to judge the shape of your head, except you want to become a bald head model.
Ach du meine Nase!

Offline baller

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2011, 04:12:59 AM »
Thx!

I would like to shave and feel ok with it so bad. It would be great to just be able to forget all about my hair issues.

I might try to upload some photos later.

Besides my own worries with my head shape and ears the only thing that troubles me is that I have no clue how to introduce this idea to my girlfriend. We have been steady for almost 5 years and she is great but she is also very fixated by appearance. For example she wants to make her boobs bigger but they are seriously great as they are. Not big but absolutely not to small.. this also makes me more self conscious.

I don't even think she has noticed that my hair is thinning out. It might be a schock for her and I don't know how to brake the news?

However this forum really helps. Shaving could be my saviour but if it doensn't work out I will propably be a mess  ;)

Offline Jack21

• Sly
  • Panta Rhei
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2011, 08:13:28 AM »
Baller,

Virtually everyone thinks that his head is not the "right" shape for shaving it. We notice tiny things that nobody else does. I know what you mean about your gf. My ex strongly encouraged me to have a HT - worst decision of my life. Honestly if they are so hung up on looks maybe they're not the ones for us. Just my two cents.
A sword unto Gideon and unto God

Offline The Noggin

• Pedestrian & Cyclist
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2011, 12:39:20 PM »
I'm not a relationship expert, but I think the decision how someone wants to look like is strictly personal. So she should do with her boobs what she wants, and you should do with your head what you want. If you're not ready for a shave yet, you can gradually go shorter over a period of time for a smoother transition.
Ach du meine Nase!

Offline Nonick

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2011, 09:54:06 PM »
Yeah, the gradual thing works for some guys.  How long is your hair right now?  ???

Offline baller

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2011, 06:06:11 AM »
Baller,

Virtually everyone thinks that his head is not the "right" shape for shaving it. We notice tiny things that nobody else does. I know what you mean about your gf. My ex strongly encouraged me to have a HT - worst decision of my life. Honestly if they are so hung up on looks maybe they're not the ones for us. Just my two cents.

I guess your right. I have done some photoshop testing and I might be alrigt.

Did you do a HT? What happened?

Offline baller

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2011, 06:12:14 AM »
I'm not a relationship expert, but I think the decision how someone wants to look like is strictly personal. So she should do with her boobs what she wants, and you should do with your head what you want. If you're not ready for a shave yet, you can gradually go shorter over a period of time for a smoother transition.

Offcourse, I agree. She would'nt stop me if I really want to but I'm not sure how to let her know whats going on. Maybe I'll just wait until I loose enough hair and don't have any other options. Might take a couple of years though.

Yeah I think it's a good idea to gradually shorten it down. If I start I think I will do it during my vacation.

Offline baller

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2011, 06:16:57 AM »
Yeah, the gradual thing works for some guys.  How long is your hair right now?  ???

Right now my hairstyle is like the dude to the left in this picture below. A little shorter and not as thick. So it's quite a transition.

http://www.buzzinpopmusic.co.uk/files/2008/11/the-mission-district.jpg

Offline Jack21

• Sly
  • Panta Rhei
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2011, 09:15:04 AM »
If HTs worked I would never have found my way to this site. It was a disaster. Most people who have them done end up with ridiculous looking combovers (and I'm talking about the "success story" photos that the drs themselves post), or in toupees (the vast majority). It has the potential of ruining your life especially if hair loss is a real issue as it seems to be for you and as it is/was for me.

Offcourse, I agree. She would'nt stop me if I really want to but I'm not sure how to let her know whats going on. Maybe I'll just wait until I loose enough hair and don't have any other options. Might take a couple of years though.

Yeah I think it's a good idea to gradually shorten it down. If I start I think I will do it during my vacation.
A sword unto Gideon and unto God

Offline mangosink12572

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Wonderful SHINY BALD
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2011, 12:20:36 PM »
Shave it and try the 3o day rule  - - -Remember  - - -it always grows back

Offline baller

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2011, 12:41:44 PM »
If HTs worked I would never have found my way to this site. It was a disaster. Most people who have them done end up with ridiculous looking combovers (and I'm talking about the "success story" photos that the drs themselves post), or in toupees (the vast majority). It has the potential of ruining your life especially if hair loss is a real issue as it seems to be for you and as it is/was for me.

Yeah I would totally love to be able to turn my back to that whole industry or whatever I should call it. It doesn't feel serious. But on your picture it looks like you have a decent hairline anyway.

I'm almost certain that I will end up bald wether I like it or not. Because of that I'm almost scared of shaving because if I can't wear it I'll be one sad guy. I think that I might look a little bit mean, might have to find some dorky glasses to tone it down. :)

Offline baller

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2011, 12:45:45 PM »
Shave it and try the 3o day rule  - - -Remember  - - -it always grows back

The 30 day rule seems like a good idea. But I'll look like **** if I would have to grow it back. 

Offline baller

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2011, 02:38:15 PM »
Just have to say, I'm pumped about shaving my head! Told my girl and she's don't think I should do it but she's not as upset as I thought she would be. Actually This will be a good test for our relationship. :)

If This works out fine I'll seriously donate some for this forum.

Offline The Noggin

• Pedestrian & Cyclist
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2011, 08:51:34 AM »
Great!  8) Please keep us posted.
Ach du meine Nase!