Author Topic: Lose 20 pounds of fat in 30 days...without exercising  (Read 10849 times)

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Lose 20 pounds of fat in 30 days...without exercising
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2007, 07:40:31 AM »
I could do it by shaving my body hair.

You have fat  hair?   ???

dude is a silverback. have you seen the pic. j/k rm. you know you still my big grape buddy. just call me beagly beagly.

That's funny right thar. His van much as had a killer suspension to support the Great Grape Ape. Fat Hair....eww.

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline Shiny

• Sly
  • Celebrate the bean
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2007, 07:47:53 AM »
You've lost me.  What's losing weight got to do with taking a day off?
I'm Brian and so is my wife!

Offline Kajun

• T-Sly Boudreaux
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2007, 09:37:10 AM »
that taking a day off your diet and eating regular food will actually HELP your diet instead of hurting it...while in the meantime it will help you stick to your diet when you are allowed to "cheat" once a week.
VIVA LA SLY REVOLUCION!!!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2007, 10:24:37 AM »
Here's the pic........recent camping trip with the fam.....as you can clearly see....I was in dire need of my morning cup-a-joe.

:*)) :*))
« Last Edit: April 13, 2007, 10:38:47 AM by Tyler »
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Shiny

• Sly
  • Celebrate the bean
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2007, 10:36:53 AM »
Oh... hehehe  This reminds me of an episode of the Simpsons where the little kid from Canada said.  "I'm from Canada and they (Americans) think I'm slow eh.   ;D
I'm Brian and so is my wife!

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2007, 10:58:45 AM »
:*))

dude is a silverback. have you seen the pic.

Here's the pic........recent camping trip with the fam.....as you can clearly see....I was in dire need of my morning cup-a-joe.

:*)) :*))
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline 1voice

• Onevoice
  • Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2007, 05:55:21 PM »
Two years ago I went from 247 to 190 in six months on a low carb diet.  Unfortunately I flirted around with food and now I am back up to 220 and I have tried the same diet but I can't seem to take it off as fast even though I am working out more.  I think I will give this diet a shot as it is not much different than my previous one except the beans and day a week eating binge which sounds like fun!
Mark 1:3

Offline happyharry

• Team Sly
  • Super Sly
  • bald, bold and beautiful
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2007, 06:22:38 PM »
Sorry to disappoint you guys, but there is no quick fix when it comes to dropping fat (as opposed to weight).
If you merely want to lose "pounds" (mere weight), you can easily do that over the weekend by dehydrating yourself - and you could expect to lose a couple of pounds. But that's just water. And the fat will still be there. And once you hydrate again, you'll weigh just the same as before that little experiment.

You should focus more on dropping "fat" rather than weight. Fat loss can be monitored using a body fat caliper.

However, due to the nature of the human body, you cannot safely lose more than 2 pounds of fat per week. If you lose more, chances are you'll regain it as soon as you get back to a "normal" diet. And who can stay on a "diet" forever? And who would want to.

Losing fat is really simple. But it's hard work. Simple, but hard. You have to slightly limit your calorie intake, and exercise regularly to create a calorie deficit, that will result in safe and permanent fat loss.

If you diet hard (reducing your daily calorie intake a great deal) your metabolism will slow down (your body gets into starvation mode, preserving energy), and you'll burn less calories each day, meaning, you'll lose less fat. From diets alone (without exercising) you'll more likely lose just muscle than fat. And when you get back on your regular diet, you'll gain the weight you lost, look still chubby and soft, and have less muscle.

Sorry guys, there is no easy way around it - you've got to work out. :)
Who loves ya, baby?

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2007, 10:11:24 AM »
Has anybody tried this diet, and if so, how is it going?  I meant to look at it when Tyler first posted it, but my computer was running really slow that night, so I didn't click on the link.  I intended to check it out later, but I forgot.  I just read it this morning, and coincidentally, many of the things that this guy recommends are the things I've just started trying this week.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2007, 12:28:07 PM »
Has anybody tried this diet, and if so, how is it going?  I meant to look at it when Tyler first posted it, but my computer was running really slow that night, so I didn't click on the link.  I intended to check it out later, but I forgot.  I just read it this morning, and coincidentally, many of the things that this guy recommends are the things I've just started trying this week.

My brother does something similar to this when he gets back into his serious modes.  Especially eating the same meals over and over.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline **sticks**

• Sly
  • "This World is not This World"
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2007, 12:51:50 PM »
Sorry to disappoint you guys, but there is no quick fix when it comes to dropping fat (as opposed to weight).
If you merely want to lose "pounds" (mere weight), you can easily do that over the weekend by dehydrating yourself - and you could expect to lose a couple of pounds. But that's just water. And the fat will still be there. And once you hydrate again, you'll weigh just the same as before that little experiment.

You should focus more on dropping "fat" rather than weight. Fat loss can be monitored using a body fat caliper.

However, due to the nature of the human body, you cannot safely lose more than 2 pounds of fat per week. If you lose more, chances are you'll regain it as soon as you get back to a "normal" diet. And who can stay on a "diet" forever? And who would want to.

Losing fat is really simple. But it's hard work. Simple, but hard. You have to slightly limit your calorie intake, and exercise regularly to create a calorie deficit, that will result in safe and permanent fat loss.

If you diet hard (reducing your daily calorie intake a great deal) your metabolism will slow down (your body gets into starvation mode, preserving energy), and you'll burn less calories each day, meaning, you'll lose less fat. From diets alone (without exercising) you'll more likely lose just muscle than fat. And when you get back on your regular diet, you'll gain the weight you lost, look still chubby and soft, and have less muscle.

Sorry guys, there is no easy way around it - you've got to work out. :)

While i highly agree with you, i must say that dieting is not always about losing the weight but changing your lifestyle.

I sat on the south beach diet for quite a while and lost a lot of weight. it was great. but the thing that was the best about it is that it made me want to eat less. a lot less. i went back to normal foods but ate them in very low amounts. I was just full by eating a half a hamburger. before i could eat two. Now i eat all the normal foods i like, even if they are very fattening, and dont gain any weight. I do still workout but i always did that.

So diets arent a quickfix but rather can make you change your eating habits that can change the way you look at food.

just my .02

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2007, 01:35:28 PM »
[
So diets arent a quickfix but rather can make you change your eating habits that can change the way you look at food.

Which is exactly what they are supposed to do.  You can't live on a "diet" forever, but they are necessary evil if you want to drop some pounds.  It's simply not possible to lose weight through exercise alone -- at least it isn't for me.   You have to restrict calories somewhat in the short term to get the weight loss started and then when you reach your goal, you can maintain by eating healthy foods and exercising regularly.

Offline socctty

• Sly Jr.
  • Finally sly.
« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2007, 07:07:42 PM »
Step 1: Find a way of monitoring your heart rate. Get a heart rate monitor or use an exercise bike with the monitor built in.
Step 2: Do some math. 220 minus your age equals maximum heart rate. Your target heart rate is 60% to 90% of your max heart rate.
Step 3: 5 times a week, do some cardio for 30 to 60 minutes in your target heart rate. It will be hard at first but you can do it, I promise. You will feel like you've had exhausting sex afterwards, except there's no cuddling and you don't have to worry about some broad soiling the shirt on your floor that you planned on wearing tomorrow to the game. I mean... forget that last part. You'll feel good is the point.

Eat what you will, but be sensible. It's all about moderation. You can eat damn near anything you want as long as you watch (A) how much of it is that you eat and (B) when you eat it. Nothing big or sugary within 3 hours of sleep. Most "diets" are based on restriction: cabbage soup diets, grapefruit diets, low carb diets... these are all doomed to fail because there's little variety in the end. If you can grow it or raise it on a farm, you can hardly go wrong. If you have to buy it pre-packaged, watch how much of it is you have, but don't kill yourself.

Golden rule: Keep at the exercise, and make sure it's at least 30 minutes in your target heart rate. Trust me: it feels fucking fantastic afterwards. There's nothing like a shower right after you finish a workout. You feel reborn. It's a lot easier to bike for 45 minutes and go home and have a New York strip than it is for you to drag your ass throughout the day only to go home and sit at a table with legumes, tofu and rice cakes. And in the end, it's better for you, too.

Remember, moderation and exercise. And you're home free. It's that easy. Finding the time for the exercise is easier than finding the will to avoid white bread for the rest of your life.
"You can't hate man if you know him."
- John Steinbeck

"A man's life is interesting primarily when he has failed -- I well know. For it's a sign that he tried to surpass himself."
- Georges Clemenceau

"Nothing is more unsightly than a bald man with hair."
- Martial

Offline froze

• Sly
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2007, 03:54:17 PM »
I totally agree with everyone on the 'changing lifestyle'
my doctor told me you can go on a diet but be willing to spend the rest of your life
on that diet! HE said change your eating habits!!

Sometimes it's tough escpecially when they dangle that all you can eat pizza thing
and then wash it down with beer!!! :-[ :-[

Offline rex

• Sly Jr.
  • GO SLY OR GO HOME
« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2007, 12:02:36 PM »
Ok so now i haved become sly and lost 10lbs from shaving my head now i just need to do the rest