Author Topic: Just Realized  (Read 9329 times)

Offline BaldnBearded

• Sly Jr.
Just Realized
« on: January 12, 2011, 02:02:12 PM »
Hey guys,haven't posted much lately but I still check the boards frequently.It just came to my attention today I've been sly consistently since Thanksgiving,the most days taken off from shaving was like 5 or 6, and that was jsut because I was being lazy.It's been a really bumpy road and I've been on and off with the style,but now I know it's permanent.Im kind of at the point where if I was offered all my hair back,I think I'd actually stay bald.Used to be so concerned these last four years or so about going bald,and here I'am welcoming it.I really feel I've made a lot of progress since two years ago when I had my first headshave.I'm even starting to not want to use my headlube matte and instead I want to get the glossy.Never thought id be a 24 year old bald man,let alone love it now.I'm now currently in the proccess of growing my beard untrimmed for 4-6 months along with the bald head.At about 18 days of growth right now.Still a little uneasy about being bald and bearded,but it's at least not detering me from rocking the look anymore.Can't wait to be bald and have a long beard!Here's an updated photo from today my friend had snapped of me when we were shoveling her driveway in todays blizzard.

Offline baldaholic

• Sly
Re: Just Realized
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2011, 03:22:24 PM »
Hi chilpil5,

the baldhead really suits you very well.
And I really like the litle chin-beard-thing.

Regards
Baldoholic

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2011, 06:29:16 PM »
I think you've just turned the corner.  Congratulations.  O0

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2011, 07:27:01 PM »
Yep, think you're sly for life.   The full beard suits you well. O0
« Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 05:38:29 AM by Paul »
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline foreversmooth

• Close shave
  • Sly Jr.
  • Bald and browless
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2011, 07:40:28 PM »
Amazing look! Keep it! and don't regret your hair. You look sharp with a bald head and the beard.
Foreversmooth

Offline Nonick

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2011, 10:03:07 PM »
BnB, looking good!  O0 I think you're on to something, and I'll bet that beard is helping you feel better out in the cold too!  There's nothing like a little facial hair to keep things feeling good on a cold day  :@`

Offline c16188

• Sly
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2011, 01:35:30 AM »
The bald shaved head and the fullbeard suit you very well!

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2011, 06:39:53 AM »
Sly Head, Full Beard--winning combination!

Offline Noodles

• Proud Melon Member of The Sly Guy Club!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Fireman Dave
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2011, 08:18:46 AM »
BnB,
You've got the look down pat, brother. You shouldn't be concerned about anything.

You hit the nail right on the head with your realization. Soooooooo many guys in their 20's and 30's put much more effort in trying to prevent their hair loss, instead of EMBRACING it, causing themselves undue stress! If they could only bring themselves to Give SLY a Try (The 30 Day Rule), an INCREDIBLY HUGE BURDEN would be lifted off their shoulders.

Congrats on seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. You're definetely on the RIGHT TRACK.

- Cap'n Noodles -
« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 08:23:45 AM by Noodles »

Offline Jack21

• Sly
  • Panta Rhei
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2011, 08:31:01 AM »
First off you look great. Secondly you've done the right thing at a relatively young age. Most 24 year olds fight a stupid battle that can never be won.  Kudos and my compliments.
A sword unto Gideon and unto God

Offline marshd1000

• Sly Bureau
  • Love your bald noggin, wear a hat in the sun!
    • Christian Chromedomes
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2011, 09:08:15 AM »
Most of my adult life, I too have sported a full beard.  But as you are finding out, shaving off your thinning hair doesn't mean you have to shave off the beard.  I have lost a bit of hair but shave it off and have a full beard.  I say that if your professional life allows you to grow a long beard then go for it!  I love my sly noggin and full beard.  But I may not be able to grow it long.  I may do it until my boss says please trim it!  But the bald and beard look rocks on you!

Offline Papa Don

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2011, 01:01:07 PM »
BnB, alsolute fantastic look.  Does green with envy mean anything to you?
I am no better that anyone else, but by God, no one is better than I am

Offline balddaniel

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2011, 04:54:39 PM »
I don't usually like guys with facial hair, but it looks great on you.  You have a very nice bald head.   :)

Offline Stu

• Sly Bureau
    • Hope is just around the corner...
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2011, 09:16:55 PM »
BnB, alsolute fantastic look.  Does green with envy mean anything to you?

... Yes it means perfectly shaped head and nice full beard, neither of which I have.   :-[
How is that Hopey / Changey thing working for you?

http://obamaclock.org/

Offline slickjack

• Sly Jr.
  • Day 1
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2011, 10:17:22 AM »
Congratulations. A great look for you. I was never really a beard type of guy.  But smooth and bearded is a different matter.