Author Topic: gotta love this  (Read 3181 times)

Offline zed

• Sly Guy in Training
  • run with the hunted
gotta love this
« on: January 10, 2011, 12:28:37 PM »
I mentioned a while back in the UK alot of celebs are going for HT. Barbara Ellen had this to say on the subject and I just love her for it:

Ladies can love a baldy. Never a bore (Barbara Ellen, The Guardian Newspaper)

James Nesbitt has confessed to a hair transplant, though he could hardly pretend that nothing had happened. "Mr Nesbitt, a tiny doormat has fallen onto your head… Oh, sorry." Actually the new hair looks good, and, even if it didn't, even if it reminded you of Boy George's jibe at Elton John ("All that money, and he's still got hair like a dinner lady"), nobody is allowed to tease Nesbitt, or any other man about hair loss. Got that?

As an expert in man-baiting, a much misunderstood form of social work, I must sternly tell more amateurish practitioners that it is bad form to attack anybody for things they can't help, which in men's case is hair loss and shortness. Hair and height are the twin towers of male vulnerability, and therefore off-limits to vile, gobby women such as myself. Ladies, we are goddesses, and therefore above such meanness. Which is not to say that men aren't being paranoid.

How many times? Women don't much care about the bald thing or the short thing. They are way down the list of turn-offs, the top five of which are humourlessness, stinginess, boringness, rudeness to people such as waiters, and (newly emerged as a frontrunner) whingeing when reality TV is on. A seven-foot man with the mane of Fabio would find himself dumped for these reasons, while a bald short man, without these faults, would be adored forever. Often simply because he's not Fabio.

Men have been told this many times, but seem oddly resistant to accepting it. I have come to the conclusion that maybe there are men out there who prefer to think it's all about hair and height – that way, they don't have to work on their personalities.

"The higher we soar, the smaller we look to those who cannot fly.' Nietzche

Offline Sean25

• Super Sly
  • 2010 sly fantasy football champ!
Re: gotta love this
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2011, 12:41:26 PM »
Awesome post.  Yeah I'm only 5'8 and obviously bald but have no trouble in the lady department.  I would agree 100% with the humor part of that list, If you are a funny guy you will have great success with the ladies barring some rediculous personality flaw.  She is a smart respectful woman, some should take notes.