Author Topic: Some inspiration :)  (Read 1429 times)

Offline RegularGuy

• Learning the way of Sly
Some inspiration :)
« on: December 24, 2010, 11:41:42 AM »
Hi guys!
I want to share my story as it might help some people out there.. I am a 17 years old guy (turning 18 tomorrow :) ), I'm rather slim, I never had a good head of hair (I have this thin rare blond type of hair) and I have braces..
I have always had this big forehead and I spent my entire life hiding it with middle-length hair.. Approximately a year ago I noticed my hair was thinning at the crown and I noticed my already big forehead getting the M shape. I asked my mother about it and she said that I just have hair this thin and that I should under no circumstances cut it bald..
But I was still paranoid and well.. I spent the last year concealing my forehead and worrying about my bald spot.. Whenever I went out with my friends, the only thing I was thinking about was my hair.. I wore a hat as much as I could and I never stood under a light..
Yesterday I've had enough.. Today after school I went to the hair salon and I had my hair cut bald.. I didn't ask my friends about it neither did I talk to my parents about it, because I knew they would say I wouldn't look good and I'd end up changing my mind and not shaving my hair :) So I just did it.. The hair stylist said she won't be able to sleep because she cut my hair like that :P
Anyway.. After it was done I actually liked it A LOT. I left the hair salon with a wide smile on my face :D The reactions were quite surprising.. The whole family actually likes it.. My mom even says how good I look o.O I still have to show my dome to my friends and I'll update you with their reactions :)
Oh and the thing is that when I came home I found out that I actually wasn't balding at the crown.. I was just being paranoid..  :/O

The point of the story: JUST DO IT! (that's what she said :) ) You should expect a big change in your look so don't think you'll stay the same.. But the thing is that you will very likely like the way you look.. This is my first day bald and I still can't get used to the thing I see in the mirror :D Please don't go trough the stuff I went and don't let hair destroy your life.. Just fight it :)

Oh and I'm sorry but I won't post any pictures since I don't really trust the internet so much :) You're just going to have to believe me on this one :)

Offline Jack21

• Sly
  • Panta Rhei
Re: Some inspiration :)
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2010, 02:47:18 PM »
good for you
A sword unto Gideon and unto God

Offline ozzie

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2010, 03:47:35 PM »
Well done RegularGuy!  O0
To conquer fear is the beginning of wisdom – Bertrand Russell

Offline Sgt. Pate

• Sly Bureau
  • ~ Semper Fi ~ Sly Till I Die! ~
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2010, 03:47:42 PM »
Good job Guy but about the picture... what are you afraid of?  Someone might actually find out you're bald?   :*))

"Never pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." - Clint Smith