Author Topic: Music Mixing Software  (Read 751 times)

Offline Arnie

• 2011 Sly Bald Guys Fantasy Football Champion
  • Sly Bureau
  • Surrender to your cause, never your circumstances.
    • http://www.frankboucherchevrolet.com
Music Mixing Software
« on: December 13, 2010, 10:02:06 PM »
Any recommendations on software that I can do some mixing(for the first time ever) of songs?

I got a few in my head that I think would really be a good surprise for my fiance...but don't know where to start as far as software.  I pretty much want to take a few songs and leave them as they are, but take a few vocals ONLY from another song and add them to the required spots...

I'm not looking to spend a lot, but also don't want it to be cheezy sounding either...

Offline baldaholic

• Sly
Re: Music Mixing Software
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2010, 09:17:28 AM »
Hi Arnie,

I did a lot of editing with a freeware tool named "audacity", which is actually a very powerful software.
But your plan sounds difficult to me, or impossible, because you want to take vocals from songs and want to place them over other songs.
So you have the problem, that you would have to extract the vocals, cause otherwise you would just mix two songs into each other.
I don't know if there is any software which can do, what you want. :-/

regards
Sometimer

Offline Arnie

• 2011 Sly Bald Guys Fantasy Football Champion
  • Sly Bureau
  • Surrender to your cause, never your circumstances.
    • http://www.frankboucherchevrolet.com
Re: Music Mixing Software
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2010, 09:55:02 AM »
Thanks Sometimer!!!

I can probably get away with just mixing them, but for the intro and end...I sort of pictured some fading of just vocals to stand on their own...I'm afraid it will be a little chopping(music) with just a straight mix.

I will give that software a try...beats going to Best Buy where they really won't have any recommendations other than what I can read for myself...