Author Topic: Oh my God! I'VE FINALLY DONE IT! Sly, baby... SLY!  (Read 8012 times)

Offline VictorMackey

• Sly weight loss master!
  • Sly Jr.
Oh my God! I'VE FINALLY DONE IT! Sly, baby... SLY!
« on: December 07, 2010, 08:55:01 AM »
Why didn't I do this sooner?! This feels AMAZING! I AM  COMPLETELY LIBERATED FROM THE TYRANNY OF BALDING!

I cannot stop rubbing my head. It feels so niiiice.

I wish I had batteries for my camera, fellow Slys!  I think I look GREAT!

Oh my God, I'm not done yet.  Time to hit the gym and diet and get perfect skin and physique and then get some ink done too.  It's like a new chapter of my life has began.  Not to sound overly dramatic, but I feel that on top of the world!!!

I stood in front of the mirror after doing the usual of buzzing my hair down with no guard, and I shaved my face first, then I put some shaving gel on my head and my heart started pounding.  It was a little upsetting too because all these thoughts kept rushing through my head

"Well this is it! You once had a thick mane and it's come to this?  Are people gonna accept me?  Is that beautiful girl I'm in love with at work who told her friend there she's into me, still gonna think the same when she sees you take off your hat and reveal a shiny dome? Well, I'm sick of this horrible pattern tattered across my head, so f**k it!"

Then I took the blade and just aimed with the grain and started gliding away across my head.  I was a nervous wreck. 

"I'll just do with the grain... just with the grain for now, don't go overboard".

Then as it started coming off I was all "OMG this feels amazing! Screw this! AGAINST THE GRAIN - AGAINST THE GRAIN!!!"

And basically I proceeded to take it all off, feeling around my head for the slightest bit of un-smoothness and annihilated every follicle I had left, as I evilly grinned into the mirror at how badass this sly look was at it unfolded in front of me.

Thank you, Tyler for creating this site. Thank you saintc and all the other fellow Sly-bies who gave me advice and encouragement. 

30 day rule? Pfft! Don't need it.  This is me for life!

Permission to join the elite ranks of Gods of Sly?  8)

marty22

Re: Oh my God! I'VE FINALLY DONE IT! Sly, baby... SLY!
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2010, 09:10:44 AM »
post a pic when u can

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2010, 09:34:17 AM »
Told ya so! 8)

Offline VictorMackey

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2010, 09:49:50 AM »
I'll definitely be posting a pic as soon as possible.  Hope you gentlemen approve.

Offline CraftyGuy

• Ultimate Sly Guy
    • My Facebook page
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2010, 09:55:53 AM »
Awesome, awesome, awesome!!

P@^

Congrats!!
MikeC

Offline ozzie

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2010, 10:56:01 AM »
Well done!  O0
To conquer fear is the beginning of wisdom – Bertrand Russell

Offline The Noggin

• Pedestrian & Cyclist
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2010, 11:37:20 AM »
Told you it would be exciting. O:O
Ach du meine Nase!

Offline VictorMackey

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2010, 12:34:21 PM »
Thanks, guys.  The only issue is my skin.  It is atrocious.  I really need to stick to healthy eating and drinking water.

Do you guys have any tips for perfectly clear skin?

And I'll admit, I do have a bit of shade on the sides of my head and where that little bit of fringe has become an island of hair.  I've pressed down hard with the razor but it won't go.

I guess I'll just have to let nature take its course on that one.  Or buy some wax strips.

Offline Natedawg

• Misanthropic Humanist
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2010, 01:35:38 PM »

Excellent! I'm happy for you, man! I usually don't have to worry about keeping my dome skin clean, so I can't help you much there, but a healthier diet truly is the best start. No doubt others here will chime in on what products and techniques with which you may have luck.
Never put too much pressure on a razor. Instead, try holding your razor at different angles so the blade can approach the stubble in different ways. In time and through practice, you'll get much better at it.

Pics would be cool. How about before and after, if you don't mind?
« Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 01:38:21 PM by Natedawg »
"Change will happen whether we are still or moving." - TTWS

Offline Jack21

• Sly
  • Panta Rhei
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2010, 02:20:09 PM »

I didn't have great skin as a kid so I started being pretty fastidious about skin care when I got to be a bit older. I wash my face three times a day with Neutrogena oil free acne wash - once in the morning, once in the late afternoon, and once at night. I always have acne scrub pads on hand as well. After exercise I immediately wash my face and neck with a tube of acne wash that I keep in my gym bag.

Congrats on shaving the dome. I wish I were as self confident as you.
A sword unto Gideon and unto God

Troy

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2010, 02:37:42 PM »
Way to go!  I re-lived my going sly moment through your post about doing it today.  So great!

Offline Sgt. Pate

• Sly Bureau
  • ~ Semper Fi ~ Sly Till I Die! ~
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2010, 08:21:46 PM »
Yeah yeah, that's what they ALL say!  :*))

"Never pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." - Clint Smith

Offline Sean25

• Super Sly
  • 2010 sly fantasy football champ!
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2010, 09:00:08 PM »
Good for you.  It's the only way to go

Offline VictorMackey

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2010, 02:30:34 AM »

Excellent! I'm happy for you, man! I usually don't have to worry about keeping my dome skin clean, so I can't help you much there, but a healthier diet truly is the best start. No doubt others here will chime in on what products and techniques with which you may have luck.
Never put too much pressure on a razor. Instead, try holding your razor at different angles so the blade can approach the stubble in different ways. In time and through practice, you'll get much better at it.

Pics would be cool. How about before and after, if you don't mind?

Well I've had no issues from the way I shaved. (I must be lucky I guess)  But the spots I'm talking about were under the hair before I shaved, as well as some on my face.

I will try and get some batteries for my camera today.  The ones I have just aren't charging as well as before.

Thanks for the advice though, bro.

I didn't have great skin as a kid so I started being pretty fastidious about skin care when I got to be a bit older. I wash my face three times a day with Neutrogena oil free acne wash - once in the morning, once in the late afternoon, and once at night. I always have acne scrub pads on hand as well. After exercise I immediately wash my face and neck with a tube of acne wash that I keep in my gym bag.

Congrats on shaving the dome. I wish I were as self confident as you.

Hmmm is that Neutrogena oil free wash expensive? Using it 3 times a day, you must go through it pretty quickly I'm guessing.

Dude, you're a good looking cat and that dome suits you more than any hair would.  Believe it and even if you're struggling with confidence, pretend that you are and let it ooze out of you (not arrogance) and eventually, the confidence will become real and you won't even have to pretend.

That's my plan anyway.  Where I work, we have to wear hats (no it's not McDonald's or any other fast food store hehe) and there's a girl there who a mutual friend told me right in front of her, is into me.  I'm a little nervous that when she sees me without my hat she's gonna wonder what she ever saw.

But when the Christmas party comes next week, I'm gonna get on some stylish clothes, get some aftershave on, and pretend like I'm an alpha oozing confidence, and if that ain't good enough for her, she's not worth this Sly's time, and there'll be plenty of other ladies out there who will dig me when I'm done crafting my look through diet and gym!

Way to go!  I re-lived my going sly moment through your post about doing it today.  So great!

Thanks, Troy.  I'm glad you were able to relive that ephemeral moment of glory that all new Slys should feel when first shaving their head.

:)

Yeah yeah, that's what they ALL say!  :*))

Huh?  ???

Good for you.  It's the only way to go

Indeed, brother.

Offline Papa Don

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2010, 09:31:14 AM »
Vic, welcome to the site and to a new life of freedom.  You mentioned our approval.  You don't need it.  The question is, Do you approve?  From your post, it is a definite "Yes!"  ENJOY!!!!
I am no better that anyone else, but by God, no one is better than I am