Author Topic: any ideas  (Read 5193 times)

Offline cromedomecutting

• Learning the way of Sly
any ideas
« on: December 04, 2010, 08:31:53 AM »
i have been thinkin of gettin a new tat on the back of my head for a long time now just wondering how tender of a spot it iss for one thing, i already have alot of tats but none on my head. and has anyone gotten a tat on there head that didnt work out for them in any way. such as it being all screwed up or even at some point regret it please let me know i am really wondering.

BaldBradley

Re: any ideas
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2010, 02:26:18 PM »
I used to have a friend that had tattoos everywhere (he did most of them himself), he even had one in-between his eyes. I asked him how much it hurt and he told me that the less fat an area had the less pain pain. I haven't tested his word out or planned to, so he could be totally wrong. I've seen people with skulls on the tops of their heads and I saw one guy at a fair with a barcode on the back of his head. Most tattoo artists will try and expand upon the original tattoos area when they try and cover it up. If you ever end up wanting to remove your tattoo (Im most cases its cheaper) ASK FOR THE LOCAL ANASTETIC, supposedly the pain is worse than actually getting the tattoo.

marty22

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2011, 07:33:06 AM »
be careful of a head tatt in case you leave the music industry.

Offline TxTa2Guy

• Sly Jr.
  • Bald By Choice since August 24, 2009
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2011, 03:26:34 PM »
I shaved my head so I could get it tattooed almost two years ago.  I love being bald and my head tat is the most fun one I have (no covering this one up without a ski mask)!

The pain factor ranges from not much to awful. The area of the neck along the edge of the skull hurt quite a bit.  Above and behind my ears was awful, but my artist said most people don't find that area to be particularly bad. Pain varies between people and location (not to mention artists). And it is highly dependent upon how you feel at the time.

I am covered head to toes so my opinion would probably not be too helpful to someone who has no ink yet, but if you want it, IMHO there is no good reason not to have yourself tattooed anywhere you think you want it. All of my body I have left uninked is my face. I don't regret any tattooing I have. I am a lawyer who had most of my ink before I retired and I never thought it caused any problem, but I could cover it all up with clothes until after I retired.

Since you already have a lot of tattoos, my advice would be to get your head done if you want it.  You know what trouble it might cause with job or family. I don't think you are too likely to die from the pain (you know it stops as soon as the needles stop!)

But the best tattoo advice I could offer would always be:

THINK before you INK!
« Last Edit: June 11, 2011, 03:51:54 PM by TxTa2Guy »

marty22

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2011, 08:06:41 PM »
fantastic but kinky!

Offline TxTa2Guy

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2011, 10:19:33 PM »
fantastic but kinky!

Yes!  I hope you agree that those are both desirable attributes!

Offline Blitzed

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2011, 05:53:44 AM »
fantastic but kinky!

Yes!  I hope you agree that those are both desirable attributes!

Dear Lion King-

It's great! But for someone my age (nearly 70) it would be way too much for my friends and family who, over the past 15 years have forgotten I ever had hair. On the other hand, getting tattooed at my age pretty much guarantees I'll go to the crematorium with all my ink fresh! And that's a point I'd like you to answer, please. From the back you would seem to be quite young <> 30. Has the state of the art progressed to the point that ink will stay stable, and also in place, over the many, many years? For the amount of work you've had done, ("from head to toes") it would be a great loss to have it all fade or run or become unrecognizable. Have you a plan for that contingency? Please understand, I really do think it's great, these are just questions that came to  me.

Blitzed

Offline Bolohead

• Bolohead
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • At 56 and still feeling GREAT!
    • Jon Erdmann - Photographer
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2011, 06:53:51 AM »
Man I love his ink that he has, but don't know if I will ever get as much on my body though.  But at 70 and getting tattoo'd, heck when you loose your memory, you can play name that tattoo.  Seriously, I'm 54 and if I were 70 I would still be getting more tattoo's.

Offline TxTa2Guy

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2011, 07:33:28 AM »
Dear Lion King-

It's great! But for someone my age (nearly 70) it would be way too much for my friends and family who, over the past 15 years have forgotten I ever had hair. On the other hand, getting tattooed at my age pretty much guarantees I'll go to the crematorium with all my ink fresh! And that's a point I'd like you to answer, please. From the back you would seem to be quite young <> 30. Has the state of the art progressed to the point that ink will stay stable, and also in place, over the many, many years? For the amount of work you've had done, ("from head to toes") it would be a great loss to have it all fade or run or become unrecognizable. Have you a plan for that contingency? Please understand, I really do think it's great, these are just questions that came to me.

Blitzed

As they say, you are "Old enough to know better!"  I was when I got my first tattoo at age 50.  I was also old enough to know that other people's opinions absolutely are not my business, as what I do to my own body is not their business!  You might be surprised: your friends and family might love you for your courage, integrity and independence if you just did what you wanted.

I really am quite young: 62 years young.  Most of my friends tell me I look much younger since I shaved my head.  I agree.

The inks used in tattooing have been improved, particularly the colors, but just as importantly, the skill of the artists is much greater now. The ink still fades and migrates somewhat, but a good artist knows how to design a tattoo so as to minimize the ravages of time. And they can be touched up or lasered off or covered up with new designs. But I bet that as I get older, how well my tattoos are holding up will be one of my lesser concerns about my body! How well they hold up long term, only the worms will know.

I have lots of pictures of my tattoos on my web site at the link below.