Author Topic: Too much shaving cream or gel?  (Read 3378 times)

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Too much shaving cream or gel?
« on: April 09, 2007, 01:43:30 PM »
Have any of you guys found at one time or another that you used too much shaving cream?

It dawned on me the other day that the majority of the shaving cream I put on my head gets pushed off of it when the razor goes over that spot.  So, I decided to use less and I still got the same great shave.  I was using a nickle sized portion in my palm and instead reduced it down to a dime size.  I'm just wondering if anyone else has realized this.

People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Cam

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • The honey tastes sweeter when you anger the bees.
Re: Too much shaving cream or gel?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2007, 01:54:21 PM »
When I first started using HeadSlick I was using about a quarter size amount because that's how much shaving gel I used to use. It would clog my razor up and it was very annoying. Now I used about a dime size and it's perfect. I get a much better shave that way.

Offline patrickdwts

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2007, 05:25:23 PM »
I always have trouble with using WAY too much shaving cream. I will have to work on that.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2007, 05:35:51 PM »
I probably use tons more than I should.

Offline blondeguy

• Super Sly
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2007, 07:31:19 PM »
I was just realizing today that I use too much HeadSlick.  All you really need is enough cream to lubricate your scalp.  I'll try a dime-sized amount tomorrow.

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2007, 08:07:00 PM »
After reading these threads, I have definitely been using to much and having same problem with clogged blades.  Will try smaller amount tomorrow as well.
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2007, 09:13:14 PM »
I was also the same way with HeadSlick. But, I've gotten to the point that any excess I have I put on my beard before I put on any shaving gel. Of course, I let it set on my skin for a bit before I put on the gel because I like the menthol feeling. Also, I tend to use less shaving gel if I use too much HeadSlick.

Later,
Schro

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

KALBO

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2007, 05:06:02 PM »
My hair is really thin to begin with, well what was left of it...I could definately get away with using less HeadSlick.