Author Topic: Work in progress!  (Read 4391 times)

Neaality

Work in progress!
« on: December 01, 2010, 03:42:58 PM »
Back Tattoo

Offline Natedawg

• Misanthropic Humanist
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: Work in progress!
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2010, 04:05:21 PM »
Mighty impressive! I see you're a man who loves ink! I've been working up the nerve to get my first tat for about 5 years now.  ;D
Forgive my ignorance, because I don't know much of anything, but which language is that?
"Change will happen whether we are still or moving." - TTWS

Neaality

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2010, 04:11:12 PM »
Arabic

Offline J.J.

• Sly
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2010, 09:30:16 PM »

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2010, 04:56:55 AM »
Amazing.

Neaality

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2010, 01:15:32 PM »
1:1    In the name of God, the Almighty, the Merciful.
1:2   Praise be to God, Lord of the worlds.
1:3   The Almighty, the Merciful.
1:4   Sovereign of the Day of Judgment.
1:5   You alone we serve, and You alone we seek for help.
1:6   Guide us to the straight path.
1:7   The path of those You have blessed, not of those who have incurred the wrath, nor the misguided.

It's called Al Fatiha/the Opening the 1st Surah/verse of The Qur'an

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2010, 01:22:54 PM »
1:7   The path of those You have blessed, not of those who have incurred the wrath, nor the misguided.

It's called Al Fatiha/the Opening the 1st Surah/verse of The Qur'an

I don't understand how you can do that and respect the teachings of Islam:

In his well-known book, The Lawful and the Prohibited in Islam, the prominent Muslim scholar, Sheik Yusuf Al-Qaradawi, states:

“Islam denounces excesses in beautifying oneself when it alters the physical features that Allah created him with. The Glorious Qur'an considers such alterations as inspired by Satan, who "...will command them (his devotees) to change what Allah has created...” (An-Nisa': 119)

Tattooing is one of those excesses. The Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings be upon him) is reported to have cursed the tattooer and the tattooed. (Reported by Muslim)

Read more: http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/Satellite?pagename=Islamonline-English-Ask_Scholar/FatwaE/FatwaE&cid=1119503544192#ixzz16zIxqIFH

Neaality

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2010, 01:52:02 PM »
Actually it's - 'And I will misguide them and make them desire, and I will command them, so that they will mark the ears of the livestock, and I will command them so they will make changes to the creation of God. Whoever takes the devil as a supporter other than God, then he has indeed lost a great loss'

The other quote is from the Sunnah, the sayings & practices of the Prophet Muhammed which I don't follow as I'm not a Sunni or a Shia Muslim.

You could say shaving my head is changing my appearance, also the Sunnah mentions a similar curse on women who pluck their eyebrows!

Many muslims have tattoos & if I want to show my dedication to God that way then I will, it's not harming anyone but me, only at the time of getting it done lol, & I'll let God be the judge of what's right or wrong.

Thank you for your reply though.

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2010, 02:00:35 PM »
No offense intended it's just so at odds with Islam as I have seen it and Islam's respect for the language of the Koran, Sunnah & Hadith.  I am not Muslim, I am what is sometimes referred to as a nasrani in the Arab world.  
« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 06:35:48 PM by saintc »

Offline Jason66

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2010, 02:03:00 PM »
I was kinda thinking the same thing there Saintc.... But religion is a taboo topic. I myself can't judge since I'm half ass in my own religion. Raised in a strict catholic household, and attended Catholic school. Recently started to re-read the bible..... and WOW.... had to rethink some things... So leaving it as it is... To each his own... as with most if not all religions, as long as its main bases is to do good... it's good with me..... AND plz guys, don't go crazy on me (this) . Everyone had an opinion. And you know what they say about opinion....!

Neaality

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2010, 02:27:25 AM »
No problem Saintc, I've had similar comments on other forums mainly from muslims mostly who call me things like kafir & make judgements like I'm going to hell fire for having ink lol! I know you were just saying what you've read about tattoo's in islam & that is the majority opinion but like Christians for example there are many 'types' of muslim & I'm a non-racist non-anti-semetic peaceful muslim. Most of my tattoo's were done before I converted to islam & I always wanted to complete what I started from the age of 18, I'm now 32.
I know of many devout muslims who pray 5 times a day etc & their whole life revolves around the Qur'an & sunnah but they hate anyone who isn't like them & support holy war (not jihad) & many devout muslims like say Yusuf Islam/Cat Stevens who to me is a great example of a good muslim.
Anyway I could talk about islam all day but I won't as I've got 3 little sons running about the house making a mess lol!
Peace.

Neaality

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2010, 02:28:58 AM »
PS, what's a 'Nasrani'? -Sounds interesting.

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2010, 05:54:24 AM »
PS, what's a 'Nasrani'? -Sounds interesting.
One way Muslims refer to Christians, Nazareth--sound familiar?

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2010, 08:40:43 AM »
I thought the we were "people of the book"....LOL.

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2010, 08:44:59 AM »

That's a wonderful sentiment Neaality.

Enter your email address: