Author Topic: Being Thankful and thinking of others  (Read 1350 times)

Offline Jack21

• Sly
  • Panta Rhei
Being Thankful and thinking of others
« on: November 27, 2010, 12:29:22 AM »

I was posting something on here earlier about genetics and included something my sister routinely says to me, "You're a guy. At least you can shave your head". She has very thin hair as does my mother and aunt. There are two women I work with you suffer from female pattern baldness/ thinning as well. All those years I spent obsessing about my hair, I was blind to just how much more difficult it is for women. When I think about it I get upset at myself. I hope that some advances come alomg soon b/c unfortunately the shaved head route is not an option for women.

A sword unto Gideon and unto God

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Being Thankful and thinking of others
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2010, 09:18:50 AM »
My mother-in-law had substantial loss by the time she died.  She was never without her wig--had several including one for the pool.  There was a woman, my mother-in-law's contemporary, who was profoundly bald, literally just a horseshoe.  But she never wore a wig, she had the shoe grown out and coifed in a page boy.  She would be dressed in otherwise immaculate style, just bald as a billiard ball.  Went to all the parties and Mardi Gras balls dressed to the nines and a shining bald pate!  Obviously she had a lot of self confidence!
« Last Edit: November 27, 2010, 09:37:08 AM by saintc »