Author Topic: best product for glossy shine  (Read 14550 times)

Offline gardner179

• Sly
  • uk sly
best product for glossy shine
« on: November 20, 2010, 12:55:35 PM »
Hi guys, how about sharing some of your secrets on the products that produce a great glossy dome, is there a better product than headblade glossy, share please :@`

Offline CraftyGuy

• Ultimate Sly Guy
    • My Facebook page
Re: best product for glossy shine
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2010, 02:25:10 PM »
HeadLube Glossy + a few drops of Hot Six Oil  :@`
MikeC

BaldBradley

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2010, 02:29:39 PM »
Headlube glossy is all I've heard of, I actually did a search on Google and everything that came up was about Headlube. I guess if you have a perfect product there is no competition lol .P

Offline gardner179

• Sly
  • uk sly
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2010, 02:50:23 PM »
Cheers guys,thanks for the comments, i would like to know what the hot six oil is, i live in the uk and have never heard of it, is it a shaving product :@`

BaldBradley

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2010, 08:27:01 PM »
I'd never heard of Hot Six Oil either, here is what I found-
http://www.walgreens.com/store/c/african-royale-hot-six--hair-oil/ID=prod11697-product

I knew there had to be atleast one other product that adds shine so I spent awhile looking and I found one more product and a bunch of techniques that should help.

Bald Head Shine- http://www.baldheadshine.com/

Techniques
Use moisturizer
Use aloe vera
Use baby oil
Use a light hold aerosol hairspray
Use a light exfoliant to remove dead skin cells and other products on the scalp that might be building up.

I hope some of this stuff helps you out buddy :P

Offline cvasara

• Super Sly
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2010, 09:42:22 PM »
I really like my head to shine. Glossy,  or what every you want to call it.   Smooth, and shiny.   About any oil, if you don't mind an oil, will do that.   I'm not one to try to get rid of oil on my head,  it makes it shine, so ok bi me.  Mineral Oil works,  Baby oil smells, and is costly, and is nothing more than mineral oil with J and J smell.  Go head buy it, Makes the stock go higher.   ::)  Any light oil will do it.
A thread earlier said that they were too old to have acne.  I think an oil will add to that problem, if that, is (at my age) a problem.   I get a zit, pimple, or what ever you want to call it, at m age I just    :@`

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.
Ronald Reagan--40th President

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2010, 09:50:17 PM »
I've been using Fruit of the Earth Aloe Vera Gel.   Not only does it give a glaring shine that a lot of people have commented on,  but it relieves any irritation as well.   And keeping it in the fridge before using REALLY soothes any shaving irritation.
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline CraftyGuy

• Ultimate Sly Guy
    • My Facebook page
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2010, 08:04:21 AM »
I've been using Fruit of the Earth Aloe Vera Gel.   Not only does it give a glaring shine that a lot of people have commented on,  but it relieves any irritation as well.   And keeping it in the fridge before using REALLY soothes any shaving irritation.

Ooooh .... must try this!  I love me a shiny noggin!  :@`
MikeC

Offline RodgerDodger

• Super Sly
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2010, 09:00:05 AM »

I knew there had to be atleast one other product that adds shine so I spent awhile looking and I found one more product and a bunch of techniques that should help.

Techniques
Use moisturizer
Use aloe vera
Use baby oil
Use a light hold aerosol hairspray
Use a light exfoliant to remove dead skin cells and other products on the scalp that might be building up.

I hope some of this stuff helps you out buddy :P

I've tried all the above techniques, except the aerosol spray. I just gave it a try.
After applying some aloe vera gel from the fridge and giving it a few minutes to dry, I gave my head a light spray with the aerosol, waited an additional minute or two and used a terry cloth buff. Wow, what an amazing shine.

Rodger,
Over & Out  O0

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2010, 09:10:42 AM »
Turtle Wax

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline Some Guy

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2010, 10:41:34 AM »
I found some Vitamin E oil at the health food store.  It comes in a little bottle with an eyedropper.  A single drop rubbed into a freshly shaved head followed by a splash of witch hazel is the best shine recipe that I've encountered.  
« Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 10:52:06 AM by Some Guy »

Offline gardner179

• Sly
  • uk sly
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2010, 01:26:21 PM »
Thanks for the comments guys,i have tried banana boat aloe vera gel wich gives a nice satin shine,i always use nivia extreme after shave balm as soon as i have finished shaving which gives a nice shine[ i shave at night in the shower] so the gloss is realy for the next morning, when i apply a moisturiser, i have used bold  guys moisturising gel which is a top product. Have just started using headlube glossy but i dont think it gives a real glossy finnish its more satin,i saw some vitamin e oil in a local health store at the weekend so may give that a try, will post the results. once again guys thanks for the comments they were most helpful. :@` :@` :@`

BaldBradley

« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2010, 01:36:27 PM »
No problem buddy, were all here to help each other out. I'm probably wrong, but wouldn't what ever product you put on your head before you go to bed just rub off on your pillow?

Offline gardner179

• Sly
  • uk sly
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2010, 01:41:27 PM »
sorry mate , i dont apply it just before bed, i shower and shave early in the evening and the balm is totaly absorbed before bedtime :@` :@` :@`

Offline ozzie

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2010, 01:58:42 PM »
Posted this elsewhere a day or so ago, but Coppertone Ultra Sweatproof Sport Sunsceen (50 spf) does it for me. Apply before heading outside for a non-greasy ultra-shine and a mega-dose of UVA/UVB protection.
To conquer fear is the beginning of wisdom – Bertrand Russell