Author Topic: new tattoo  (Read 4311 times)

Offline Jim80

• Sly
new tattoo
« on: October 14, 2010, 06:15:39 PM »
Here is the link for my new tattoo, My question is, I want to get it on the outside of my calf, I've been told my legs are too hairy for a leg tattoo. Do you think it would look right on my leg ?

http://www.vectorss.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/Tribal_Lion.jpg

Offline BillOnBass

• Super Sly
Re: new tattoo
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2010, 07:10:43 PM »
My legs are really hairy also and I can picture that tattoo being clearly visible on the outside of the calf even after the hair grows back.  Go for it if you want it!
"There he goes.  One of God's own prototypes.  A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production.  Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Offline Sgt. Pate

• Sly Bureau
  • ~ Semper Fi ~ Sly Till I Die! ~
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2010, 09:50:28 PM »
Having no way to know what "really hairy" actually is... if you think it will still show go for it!  O0

"Never pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." - Clint Smith

Offline lordmage

• Sly
  • Mac it's the Cheesiest
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2010, 09:58:04 PM »
worse comes to worse after it sets you could go LSC... Leg shaved by choice.
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do." Samuel Langhorne Clemens
"Just Do it" Nike
"shave that darn head already" Lordmage :P

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2010, 07:56:00 AM »
I say go for it, if you're worried about others being able to see it, then maybe that's an issue. When I got the tat on my chest, the artist tried to apply the pattern without shaving my chest first, no go.
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2010, 04:47:57 PM »
Jim... since you're my neighbor..... where are you getting the work done?

"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline Jim80

• Sly
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2010, 05:52:43 PM »
Koz, I'm getting it done in New jersey, My wife's family is from there, and we're going there to visit anyways. I got a price for a place in Williamsport and they wanted an outrageous amount to do it and where I'm getting it done is around half of what I would Pay here.

Offline rcg5227

• Sly
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2010, 08:38:52 PM »
Koz, I'm getting it done in New jersey, My wife's family is from there, and we're going there to visit anyways. I got a price for a place in Williamsport and they wanted an outrageous amount to do it and where I'm getting it done is around half of what I would Pay here.

I know where Williamsport is, I'm originally from Selinsgrove.
My tattoo was done by a relative of my wife. He used to work at a tattoo parlor, but now he does it on his own, usually at your home. I guess you could call him a Traveling Tattoo Parlor. LOL.
I would love to get another tattoo, but my tattoo artist said I bled too much. In the 15+ years he has done tattoo's, I hold the #1 spot in the bleeding catagory. My tattoo needed touched up about 6-8 weeks ago, plus my wife wanted another one. He touched mine up and said that is the last one he would ever do for me. It took him longer for him to touch up my tattoo than to give my wife her new one. i bled that badly that he would do a small spot and have to wipe off blood several times. Again he repeated, no more tattoos for me. LOL. He said that my skin is just too soft and sensitive for tattoos.
My skin is so sensitive I have to use women's shaving cream and women's razors just to shave my head.  ???
« Last Edit: October 16, 2010, 08:41:25 PM by rcg5227 »
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-img1.imagechef.com/w/100913/samp9b3884feb623b6eb.jpg[/img] [/url]

---"The greatest action is not conforming to the world's ways."---

Offline Jim80

• Sly
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2010, 04:06:17 PM »
actually it's in Williamsport Md.

Offline jaypksfo

• Sly
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2010, 08:10:40 PM »
the hair on your legs thins as you age, so even if you feel they are too hairy - they wont be in a few years - LOL!

Offline Arnie

• 2011 Sly Bald Guys Fantasy Football Champion
  • Sly Bureau
  • Surrender to your cause, never your circumstances.
    • http://www.frankboucherchevrolet.com
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2010, 08:10:51 AM »
Just do it...

Regardless, the tattoo artist can work with you on it. (Draw a rough draft of it on you leg to give you an idea before they shave it off to ink you)