Author Topic: Some of my portfolio (tattoos and sketches)  (Read 6290 times)

BaldBradley

Some of my portfolio (tattoos and sketches)
« on: November 16, 2010, 07:08:09 PM »
I figured I would post dome of my designs, nothing that good. I'm just looking for some feedback. I'll number the designs so its easier to comment on individual designs.

Other parts of my portfolio:
Part 2 (fractals) - www.slybaldguys.com/smf/index.php?topic=14002.0
Part 3 (clothing designs) - www.slybaldguys.com/smf/index.php?topic=14005.0

Symmetrical Work
1.)

2.)

3.) (first freehand attempt)

Other Designs
4.)

5.)
« Last Edit: December 04, 2010, 11:42:19 AM by BaldBradley »

BaldBradley

Re: Some of my portfolio
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2010, 07:18:39 PM »
6.)

7.)

8.)

9.)

10.)

BaldBradley

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2010, 07:29:51 PM »
11.)

12.)

13.) (first attempt at arm band style work)

I have more, but there not as nice IMO. Most of these are more like sketches, I would love any feedback (good or bad), I haven't done any new designs in a couple months. I usually just draw when I'm can't sleep. I drew about half of these back in high school, I was ahead in credits so I had two math two math classes as elective classes and I would do all my work the first period and just mended around the second class lol

Offline Jack21

• Sly
  • Panta Rhei
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2010, 08:39:31 PM »
I like your stuff a lot. You've got real talent. #6 is the best IMO.
A sword unto Gideon and unto God

BaldBradley

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2010, 09:25:40 PM »
I like your stuff a lot. You've got real talent. #6 is the best IMO.

Thanks bud, I really appreciate the compliments. I was really summed when I smudged #6, I did it on some sketch paper and the pen I was using was really slow to dry.

Offline Jack21

• Sly
  • Panta Rhei
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2010, 09:06:35 AM »

Have you started to learn to use tattoo equipment yet? Is that the ultimate goal? You definitely have talent.

Offline BillOnBass

• Super Sly
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2010, 11:57:14 AM »
Good stuff Brad!  I like #5 the best.  Reminds me of an orchid.
"There he goes.  One of God's own prototypes.  A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production.  Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Offline ozzie

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2010, 12:31:16 PM »
Nice!! I especially like the symmetrical  designs.  O0
To conquer fear is the beginning of wisdom – Bertrand Russell

BaldBradley

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2010, 10:12:55 PM »
I found a couple more designs I had laying around...

14.)

15.)

16.)

17.)

18.)

Have you started to learn to use tattoo equipment yet? Is that the ultimate goal? You definitely have talent.

No I haven't, I would love to try it out though. When I graduated high school I wanted to either be a video game designer or a tattoo artist. I began showing the signs of OCD that following summer, it's so bad now that I really don't have any idea what I'll do with my life. I'm in the process of applying for SSI, I've done everything required so it's just a waiting game now. If I get SSI than I will have the money and medical help to go and get treatment for my anxiety/OCD so I can get my life back (hopefully)

I did look into getting a tattooing kit at one time, and you could actually buy pig skin to practice tattooing and shaving the tattoo area. lol
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 10:18:17 PM by BaldBradley »

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2010, 12:04:43 PM »
Have you ever tried to do any of these digitally?  I could see using some designs like this on future SBG shirts.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

BaldBradley

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2010, 12:19:38 PM »
Have you ever tried to do any of these digitally?  I could see using some designs like this on future SBG shirts.

I used PhotoShop to help me out on the top two, but other than that the rest are all freehand. I also have a photoshop/apophysis(fractal generating program) portfolio. I've done logo's (none of them have been used, there just ideas I had), I did a computer wallpaper for a band(I think they used it), shirt designs, photo manipulations... Man you name it, I've probably atleast attempted it.

I don't have a computer anymore which stinks, but I could use one at my old high school. The teacher loves my work and she's always wanting me to go in and show my portfolio to her graphic design class.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 12:22:05 PM by BaldBradley »

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2010, 12:51:20 PM »
Just watcxhed a "Lock Up" show on MSNBC...some of those guys look like Tattoo's R Us.

Offline Jack21

• Sly
  • Panta Rhei
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2010, 01:10:58 PM »
I hope you get the treatment/ medication you need to get your life back on track soon.

I found a couple more designs I had laying around...

14.)

15.)

16.)

17.)

18.)

No I haven't, I would love to try it out though. When I graduated high school I wanted to either be a video game designer or a tattoo artist. I began showing the signs of OCD that following summer, it's so bad now that I really don't have any idea what I'll do with my life. I'm in the process of applying for SSI, I've done everything required so it's just a waiting game now. If I get SSI than I will have the money and medical help to go and get treatment for my anxiety/OCD so I can get my life back (hopefully)

I did look into getting a tattooing kit at one time, and you could actually buy pig skin to practice tattooing and shaving the tattoo area. lol

BaldBradley

« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2010, 08:46:02 PM »
Well I'm seeing a psychologist, and he wants me to see a therapist to help me with dealing with past events.  It's going to be a long process to get my life back, my psychologist is trying to help me with managing my depression. He says if he gets rid of my depression my OCD will be easier to deal with. I tried to explain it to him, but he doesn't seem to understand that my OCD is why I'm depressed. I've been struggling with my obsessive thoughts and actions for over five years now.

My senior year of high school I participated in an art show that my school was putting on and I had some  people try to buy my work. I was flattered and all, but I've never wanted to sell my work.

When I graduated I had a lot of potential and I had a couple thousand dollars in scholarships, and people were expecting me to do great things  with my life. That summer my friends went on with their lives and I wasn't. My OCD pretty much trapped me on my house, that's when I gave up art. I spend anywhere between 2 and 7 hours a day ritualizing. I have such bad anxiety I can't even go into stores on my own anymore.  

I'm currently in the process of applying for SSI, from what the requirements are, I should be accepted. I've heard though that they normally decline you one tine and than you reapply with a lawyer (who only gets paid if they help you get accepted), its frustrating though, it takes them atleast 4 months to make a decision. It's already been over 5 months. If I don't get accepted I am going to try and get welfare so I have some income.

As soon as I get my life back I'll be able to live my life again, it feels like it was stolen from me. I would love to get back to doing art. I've always wanted to do canvas work. :-\

Sorry for the long response.

[EDIT:] I am thinking about posting some of my PhotoShop work along with dome fractal. But I don't know where to post it. I've got a lot of logos and shirt designs that I figure I could share.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 03:58:17 PM by BaldBradley »

Enter your email address: