Author Topic: How to trim down a goatee?  (Read 2950 times)

Offline YohaiM

• Sly Jr.
How to trim down a goatee?
« on: November 16, 2010, 08:30:37 AM »
Have one for the last 11 years.
Always grows too much,and I trim it with a machine.
Problem is,I trim it too much.
When I set the machine to cut less,its adapter sometimes loses its grip,and then I cut it too much again.
Have tried a nose clipper with an adapter,but it's battery powered(AAA),and doesn't do the job right.
Any tips?
BTW:I live in Israel.
Thanks,
Yohai.

If you can't beat them,Shave them.....

Offline Jack21

• Sly
  • Panta Rhei
Re: How to trim down a goatee?
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2010, 09:01:28 AM »

I trim my goatee with a beard trimmer with the longest guard. Even so it comes out too short, but I mean it takes like 3 days to get back to where I like it again. You can always try trimming with scissors, but that takes a long time and doesn't always produce the best results.

Actually, you know what? I just remembered that when I was trimming down my hair to shave on Sunday I used the clippers with a #1 guard and it came out at just the right length. I have to go home and see the brand of the clippers. I think its Wahl. I'll get you the specs. I don't think that they have them in Israel, though.

I'll be in Israel next month if I don't have another god damned tzav waiting for me. Every vacation I take to Israel I end up in miluim at a f@cking machsom in some shithole in the shtachim. I have to call my magad to find out what the story is. In '06 I ended up having to go back with my gdud to what used to be the gizra mizrachit - marjayoun, reichaya. I'm too old for that sh*t already.

Anyway I'll check. Maybe they have it in Israel or at least you can order it and pay %300 tax. Isreal and I have a love/hate relationship.
A sword unto Gideon and unto God

Offline YohaiM

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2010, 09:24:37 AM »
Were you born in Israel,or did you do an Aliah,and then went back to the states?

Offline Jack21

• Sly
  • Panta Rhei
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2010, 11:07:26 AM »
I was born In South Africa, moved to Israel at age 2, came to the US at 13, went back to Israel to do my army service, then moved to England, and then back to the US. My mother is Israeli, my father was born in England. Technically I did not make Aiyah. I was a katin chozer which is like an oleh hadash except without the zchyuot. They did help me for being a hayal boded....a little.

Were you born in Israel,or did you do an Aliah,and then went back to the states?

Offline Jack21

• Sly
  • Panta Rhei
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2010, 11:10:36 AM »
I was born In South Africa, moved to Israel at age 2, came to the US at 13, went back to Israel to do my army service, then moved to England, and then back to the US. My mother is Israeli, my father was born in England. Technically I did not make Aiyah. I was a katin chozer which is like an oleh hadash except without the zchyuot. They did help me for being a hayal boded....a little.

Offline YohaiM

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2010, 11:26:34 AM »

Wow,what a life you had!
So you're from the Jewish clan..... ;)
Interesting to know if there are others also around here.....