Author Topic: Using HeadBlade-How long does it take you?+irritation  (Read 4950 times)

Offline YohaiM

• Sly Jr.
Re: Using HeadBlade-How long does it take you?+irritation
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2010, 12:26:40 AM »
Update:
Today,I did two things:
1.Wet my head and face.
2.Added more water to the bowl,in which I'm mixing the cream.
Adding water created a more watery lather,which allowed a great glide for the blade.
Although I have red spots here and there,I almost did not irritate any of my scalp at all.
So again,lubrication is the key.
Have a great weekend,
Yohai.

If you can't beat them,Shave them.....

BaldBradley

« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2010, 12:55:47 AM »
Update:
Today,I did two things:
1.Wet my head and face.
2.Added more water to the bowl,in which I'm mixing the cream.
Adding water created a more watery lather,which allowed a great glide for the blade.
Although I have red spots here and there,I almost did not irritate any of my scalp at all.
So again,lubrication is the key.
Have a great weekend,
Yohai.

Looks like you are on the right track! Today I got a little cut when I shaved, I'm pretty sure it was because that barbasol stuff comes off so easily. I'm going to have to try all different types of gels and cream to figure out what stays on the best.

Also I'm just curious, why do you use shaving cream, is it better or cheaper, or have you always used team so its what your used to?

Have a good weekend buddy

Offline YohaiM

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2010, 01:38:12 AM »
I've always used gels,but it clogs the headblade quickly,thus ruining your shave and your blade.
That's why I started using creams.
The HeadSlick is a great cream,but you could also try others.(Nivea cream is also very good)
It's supposed to last for 100 shaves,which is about 3+ months,and it's priced reasonably.(for you,for me it's not,'cause I have to pay 35$ only for shipment.......)
Cheers,
Yohai.

Offline Stu

• Sly Bureau
    • Hope is just around the corner...
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2010, 11:03:08 PM »
Takes less than 5 minutes, with and against the grain, using Headslick... for the last 6 years.  Weapon of choice is the S4 Stainless Steel HB.  If I let it go for a couple of days, it will take a little longer as I have to rinse more frequently and take it a little slower due to the drag of longer hair.
How is that Hopey / Changey thing working for you?

http://obamaclock.org/

Offline YohaiM

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2010, 05:39:41 AM »
Takes less than 5 minutes, with and against the grain, using Headslick... for the last 6 years.  Weapon of choice is the S4 Stainless Steel HB.  If I let it go for a couple of days, it will take a little longer as I have to rinse more frequently and take it a little slower due to the drag of longer hair.

5 minutes sound really weird......
Most of my head still has hair,and it's coarse,so it takes me longer to shave.
With the Mach III and Gillette gel,it always took me 15 minutes.
And when I say it's about 20-25 minutes for me to shave,it includes the facial shave.
I'm very methodical,so I check a couple of time if there's still stubble with a back mirror,and by gliding my head on the scalp.
The entire process also includes the preparation of the lather,lubing up afterwards and putting on aftershave.
Every little thing takes time.
The fastest shave I've got with the HeadBlade was 15 minutes.(including the facial shave)
I wish I could do it all in 5 minutes......

Offline Stevo

• Agile, Mobile, Audiophile
  • Sly
    • Country Road of Life
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2010, 06:20:06 PM »
It sounds like you're starting to lock in on your routine.  It sounds like most of your problems were being caused by not having enough water in your shaving lather, so I'd keep experimenting with that side of things.  What I like to do is lather my head and face at the same time, starting up top, then shaving my face first.  This gives the cream up top more time to soften the hair.  I also find myself having to give another quick lather of cream on my head right before taking the HB to it.  Just remember to take your time, keep the blades clean (I rinse them off after every pass), and keep the pressure on the back of the HB, away from the blades.

ycartt

« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2010, 07:33:18 PM »
My dermatologist recommended Ala Seb T shampoo to try and help with the oiliness of the scalp.  Hasn't really helped with that but it did help with a lot of little irritation (not really razor bumps) that i was getting.  The shampoo contains Coal Tar and Scallycilic (sp?) Acid.  Its a bit pricey and you have to get a speciality pharmacy to order it (doesn't require a prescription).  I've also found that using baby powder after drying off helps with the oiliness throughout the day (and the shiny) and even helps to dry some of the irritation up.