Author Topic: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows  (Read 1713 times)

BaldBradley

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
« on: November 15, 2010, 12:55:03 AM »
Anyone else here looking forward to the new Harry Potter movie?

I've been looking forward to this movie since I read the book 3 years ago (Ive since read it 3 more times), the book is amazing and all the previews are making this movie look like its going to actually do the book justice.

Im not going to see the midnight showing, but I'm definitely going to see it in theaters.

Offline kenny57028

• Super Sly
Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2010, 09:13:28 AM »
Ya I'm definitely going, not to the midnight show though. When I was younger those were my favorite books to read, and I've seen all the movies. Its gonna suck that theirs 2 parts to the movies though. Because I'm sure it will just cut off right in the middle of an epic scene.
The reason people find it so hard to be happy is that they always see the Past better than it was,
the Present worse than it is & the future less resolved than it will be.

BaldBradley

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2010, 03:49:39 PM »
Ya I'm definitely going, not to the midnight show though. When I was younger those were my favorite books to read, and I've seen all the movies. Its gonna suck that theirs 2 parts to the movies though. Because I'm sure it will just cut off right in the middle of an epic scene.

Yeah the midnight showing will be crazy, I went to the midnight screening of Twilight Eclipse and it was packed. You see all the crazy people there. I'm going to wait for atleast a few days after DH's release before I see it. Supposedly the first part ends with the trio goes to shell cottage.

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2010, 04:55:21 PM »
Can't wait to see it
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

BaldBradley

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2010, 05:52:51 PM »
Can't wait to see it

Same here, I've been a big Harry Potter fan since I saw Prisoner of Azkaban (#3) for the first time, ice read the whole series a couple times and its a little sad seeing the series coming to an end on screen :(

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2010, 06:44:16 PM »
Frankly I've never gotten into Potter beyond the first book--I used it in connection w/ a Mardi Gras ball tableau.  But I just finished--tonight I got my freedom--serving with a really nice lady on jury duty who's totally into the series.  She's rereading the last book so that she can totally get into the movies.  Great lady, in fact she was more than interested until my left hand came too much in view.  It's nice being bald and attractive to pretty young things, it really is--getting hit on is one of the real pleasures of shaving my head.  Yes I'm full of myself because quite frankly for the five years before I shaved it down, possibly longer, the opposite sex, other than the wife, never gave me a second look.  I'm true to my vows, but damn it feels good to know I've got appeal and it's appeal due to keeping it sly. O0

BaldBradley

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2010, 06:50:23 PM »
Frankly I've never gotten into Potter beyond the first book--I used it in connection w/ a Mardi Gras ball tableau.  But I just finished--tonight I got my freedom--serving with a really nice lady on jury duty who's totally into the series.  She's rereading the last book so that she can totally get into the movies.  Great lady, in fact she was more than interested until my left hand came too much in view.  It's nice being bald and attractive to pretty young things, it really is--getting hit on is one of the real pleasures of shaving my head.  Yes I'm full of myself because quite frankly for the five years before I shaved it down, possibly longer, the opposite sex, other than the wife, never gave me a second look.  I'm true to my vows, but damn it feels good to know I've got appeal and it's appeal due to keeping it sly. O0

The first three books weren't the best, from then on the books get better and better. The final book was amazing. I'll just put it this way, there is so much going on and every bit is important to the ending that they had to split the movie in half. The finally is a bit disappointing, but its satisfying none the less.