Author Topic: How often and what time  (Read 7105 times)

Offline patrickdwts

• Learning the way of Sly
How often and what time
« on: April 08, 2007, 07:34:02 PM »
How often do you shave your head (once a week, twice a week, every day, etc)?

What time of the day do you do it?

I shave my head at night because I don't have time in the mornin g.

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
Re: How often and what time
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2007, 07:43:21 PM »
Don't think I've shaved my head 2 days in a row.  Generally every other day.....might slip into a third day.

Sometimes I'll shower and shave right before bed......really cool on the pillow!!!

I've gotten up and shaved at 4:45am before going to the gym so it varies

Offline SlickCountry

• Sly
    • FirehouseChaplain.org
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2007, 07:43:50 PM »
I shave daily.  Sometimes in the morning and sometimes at night.  I've only been shaving about a month, so I'm still getting faster every day.  I have actually found that I get a closer shave if I shave every other day, but normally I can't wait that long.  Once it starts to grow back it bugs me.  I've even be known to shave before work in the morning and again before going to church or the fire department in the evenings.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2007, 08:39:14 PM by SlickCountry »

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2007, 07:44:17 PM »
usually every morning, unless i have plans at night. then i will wait until that evening.

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline VFRWolf

• Sly VFR Rider
  • Super Sly
    • My off roading page
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2007, 07:44:50 PM »
Daily, mornings, sometimes I'll skip a day on the weekends, unless I'm going someplace.
Rob
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/071117/sampa714ba256de1d637.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2007, 07:47:25 PM »
No less than every other day, however I usually end up shaving it every day. I just like being smoooooth.

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

BaldRob

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2007, 07:53:23 PM »
I shave every other day, except when I'm working when I shave it everyday... I typically shave in the mornings, except for Fridays when I shave right before I go out!

Offline Cam

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • The honey tastes sweeter when you anger the bees.
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2007, 08:41:12 PM »
I shave everyday and I usually shave whenever I get up. Sometimes I skip a day, like today.. and it's usually always on a Sunday. Mostly because I don't do anything on Sundays. :)

Offline ChallengeMe

• Super Sly
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2007, 09:53:09 PM »
Usually every other day, right after I shower after my workout and just before I go to work (start @ 3pm)

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2007, 09:58:43 PM »
I shave everyday and I usually shave whenever I get up. Sometimes I skip a day, like today.. and it's usually always on a Sunday. Mostly because I don't do anything on Sundays. :)

Same here.  I usually shave on the mornings, except on Saturdays.  I usually shave in late afternoon/early evening on Saturdays so I'll still be smooth if I go  out.  Then I usually skip Sundays, which make for an extra-smooth shave on Monday morning.

Some people skip a day or two if they have sensitive skin, to give it a chance to recover.  I find that by the second day, my scalp is actually in worse condition.  That's when all the little red spots suddenly appear, and I get little bumps on the top of my head (not red ones, it just gets bumpy).  Does that ever happen to anyone else?

Offline Cam

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • The honey tastes sweeter when you anger the bees.
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2007, 10:04:52 PM »

Same here.  I usually shave on the mornings, except on Saturdays.  I usually shave in late afternoon/early evening on Saturdays so I'll still be smooth if I go  out.  Then I usually skip Sundays, which make for an extra-smooth shave on Monday morning.

Some people skip a day or two if they have sensitive skin, to give it a chance to recover.  I find that by the second day, my scalp is actually in worse condition.  That's when all the little red spots suddenly appear, and I get little bumps on the top of my head (not red ones, it just gets bumpy).  Does that ever happen to anyone else?

Yeah, but I don't feel the bumps after I shave. If I go a day without shaving, I can feel little bumps all over my head, but as soon as I shave.. POOF, they're gone!

Sometimes I just skip days because I LOVE the shave after a day of waiting. It's so smooth and nice. I can't bear to shave every other day full time though, I have to do it everyday, I love to be smooth!

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2007, 10:08:32 PM »

Yeah, but I don't feel the bumps after I shave. If I go a day without shaving, I can feel little bumps all over my head, but as soon as I shave.. POOF, they're gone!

Exactly.  I can see them in the bathroom mirror when I'm standing under the bright light.  As soon as I shave they're gone.  Must be the remaining hairs getting ready to poke their way through the scalp.

Sometimes I just skip days because I LOVE the shave after a day of waiting. It's so smooth and nice. I can't bear to shave every other day full time though, I have to do it everyday, I love to be smooth!

I agree.  I tried every-other-day shaving for a while and I'm sure that nobody even notices.  But I notice and always feel like I'm not looking my best on a day I don't shave.  I seem to be getting more fanatical about staying smooth as time goes by.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2007, 11:30:32 PM »
Every morning, unless I was out way too late and woke up in the afternoon.   8)
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Beer Barron

• Super Sly
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2007, 03:08:31 AM »
Every morning before work.  However, on weekends I may skip a day or wait until I am going out somewhere.

Offline Johannes

• Sly
  • Straight Razor Shaver
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2007, 04:04:42 AM »
every morning.
the morning is the best time of the day, its the best for the skin
Nothing better than one sharp blade