Author Topic: Newly bald again  (Read 5311 times)

Offline parchessy

• Sly Guy in Training
Newly bald again
« on: November 06, 2010, 08:21:01 AM »
Hello after a few months break from head shaving, I tried to keep it at least at a #2 or shorter.  I broke out the blade a week ago and have reshaved three times this week.  I am in heaven.  I am really liking the bald look this time and am determined to not regrow hair.  How often should I reshave it?  I shaved Friday morning and its already stubbled.

Offline Jemig

• Live Music Is Better!
  • Sly Jr.
  • Jemig
Re: Newly bald again
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2010, 08:28:45 AM »
How often should I reshave it?  I shaved Friday morning and its already stubbled.

That totally depends. Some twice a day, some every third or fourth day.
You may reference the frequency when you shave your face. I think that both facial and head hair more or less have the same growth speed.
I think the average may be once a day/every other day.

Btw: how about a pic? Let us share your new heavenly loook ;-)

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2010, 08:48:37 AM »
Some guys shave twice a day (which I think is a little over the top) and others shave once a week. Strokes and folks.

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2010, 10:57:16 AM »
I shave when I get the I can't stand it anymore feeling. Summer every day, winter every 2 or 3rd. day.
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline Sgt. Pate

• Sly Bureau
  • ~ Semper Fi ~ Sly Till I Die! ~
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2010, 11:34:32 PM »
For some guys, it's the second time headshaving that does it for them!  O:O

"Never pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." - Clint Smith

Offline parchessy

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2010, 07:23:30 AM »
Thanks, I got two days stubble/fuzz on my head already.  Should I wait one more day or shave today?

Offline The Noggin

• Pedestrian & Cyclist
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2010, 09:18:01 AM »
The longer you wait, the harder the next shave will be. But it's your choice - decide wisely! 8)
Ach du meine Nase!

Offline Sgt. Pate

• Sly Bureau
  • ~ Semper Fi ~ Sly Till I Die! ~
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2010, 03:30:36 PM »
Yup, what Noggin said!  O0

"Never pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." - Clint Smith

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2010, 06:22:56 PM »
Welcome back parchessy. I say go with whatever is most comfortable for you. Good to hear you're back to enjoying a smooth dome.    O0

If you like the stubble, you can shave it every two or three days to have a different look.
I'm in a growout phase this Winter, so I'm not planning to shave again until it starts getting hot here.

Offline kenny57028

• Super Sly
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2010, 09:12:10 PM »
Welcome Back! I for one, don't like the horseshoe stubble look, doesn't seem to be what 19 year olds nowadays are rockin. So I shave every day and can keep it smooth anough for 24 hours until my next shave.
The reason people find it so hard to be happy is that they always see the Past better than it was,
the Present worse than it is & the future less resolved than it will be.

Offline Nonick

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2010, 09:21:06 PM »
It comes down to personal choise and what works best for you.  There are times when I want the "2 day old" shadow affect, and other times I want it as smooth as possible.  When I want it really smooth, I start with a warm shower to soften up the scalp before shaving with a new razor.  Later on in the day, I may develop a 5 o'clock shadow, and if I'm going out that evening, I might shave a second time.  If my scalp is feeling tender, I might do the second time with an electric shaver.  ;)

You need to figure out what works best for your head and your life style!   O0

Offline Arnie

• 2011 Sly Bald Guys Fantasy Football Champion
  • Sly Bureau
  • Surrender to your cause, never your circumstances.
    • http://www.frankboucherchevrolet.com
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2010, 01:18:47 PM »
Welcome back to the SLY side!!! 8)

Offline marcx

• Sly
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2010, 01:42:57 PM »
The longer you wait, the harder the next shave will be. But it's your choice - decide wisely! 8)

CAll me crazy but I actually find I get a better shave if I wait a day or two--but a lot of the time I don't want to wait  :D

Offline Oto

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2010, 06:28:06 PM »
I usually wait a week or so for another smooth session. I actually like to see my hair growing back then re-shaving it. Even let it grow back a full month then go back to smoothness. Shaving sooth is a pleasure, sometimes I keep shaving everyday for a while, then let it grow a little and shave again... love toying with my scalp.

Offline Noodles

• Proud Melon Member of The Sly Guy Club!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Fireman Dave
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2010, 09:21:31 PM »
I've gotten to the point where I go nutz :px when the stubble starts to grow back, so I try to shave twice a day (once in the morning, the other, at night)!

If I want to keep the "bone close" look, (as pictured) I have to shave that often, otherwise, mayhem is right around the next curve. g@@4

Sometimes I just wish it would just ALL fall out and be done with it!! (LOL)

- Cap'n Noodles -