Author Topic: I fell off the fence! Day 1  (Read 4397 times)

Offline Dzdncfsd

• Learning the way of Sly
I fell off the fence! Day 1
« on: November 04, 2010, 01:29:39 PM »
Well today starts day 1 of my 30 day test.  I had posted in the introduction area on monday.  Well I had made the decision to go ahead and go sly while on vacation.  I arrived in Oregon yesterday and after discussing with my girlfriend I made the decision that I had no other choice but to say goodbye to my hair.

So far its turned out much better than expected.  She loves the look and due to my golf and the fact I wear visors about 4-5 days a week while golfing my entire head isn't white haha.  Only the part my visor covered.  I did however find a couple very large moles that I'll need to get checked out after I return from my trip.  Maybe this was a great thing because without the alopecia and without going SLY these would have gone completely unnoticed.

I'll try to post some pictures later. 

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
Re: I fell off the fence! Day 1
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2010, 02:13:31 PM »
 O0 8)

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2010, 03:02:15 PM »
See... we told you. A lot of women love bald men.....
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline Arnie

• 2011 Sly Bald Guys Fantasy Football Champion
  • Sly Bureau
  • Surrender to your cause, never your circumstances.
    • http://www.frankboucherchevrolet.com
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2010, 03:22:29 PM »
 YR*(k

Offline ozzie

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2010, 04:14:26 PM »
Congratulations!  O0
To conquer fear is the beginning of wisdom – Bertrand Russell

Offline Nonick

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2010, 08:41:40 PM »
He shaves!  8)

He scores!! ^-^

Right on! O0

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2010, 10:07:03 PM »
Correction:  you didn't fall off the fence; you jumped off!  Congratulations.   O0

Offline crazy.irish.celt

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2010, 03:27:06 AM »
Grats, sir!  If I were you, I'd go ahead and plan on getting the moles removed.  According to my dermatologist, this is a preemptive measure, as they will now be receiving substantially-more direct UV than they might with a layer of hair covering them. It's a quick, painless surgery.  Scars go away entirely within six months to a year and are much easier to care for when sly. =P

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2010, 06:47:07 AM »
Grats, sir!  If I were you, I'd go ahead and plan on getting the moles removed.  According to my dermatologist, this is a preemptive measure, as they will now be receiving substantially-more direct UV than they might with a layer of hair covering them. It's a quick, painless surgery.  Scars go away entirely within six months to a year and are much easier to care for when sly. =P

Welcome to the land of the free and sly--and times 2 on crazy.irish.celt's advice.  Been there, done that--and would have absolutely no scars where they left those suckers be for 10 years too long after which they did become squamous cell cancers.  Get them off.

Offline Dzdncfsd

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2010, 09:37:27 AM »
Thanks guys appreciate it.  I'll be making an appointment for my dermatologist next week when i get home.  It's been a little strange all day.  I walk past a mirror and almost freak out each time I look up.  I've even caught myself reaching up to run my hands through my hair forgetting it's gone haha.  I'm happy that other than a few moles I had absolutely no marks or razor burn.  I have very sensitive skin kn my face and used to get razor burn all the time.  I ended up using the kiehls brushless shave cream on my head and it worked great.  Really smooth and no irritation. I guess now I just need to learn my shaving technique.  Took me a while to get it smooth and had a little difficulty around the ears which I guess is to be expected.

My girlfriend hasn't stopped rubbing and kissing my head since I shaved it.  I have to admit I'm liking it haha.

Offline Papa Don

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2010, 10:19:31 AM »
DZ, it's a win, win, win situation.  You look and feel better about yourself,  the girlfriend loves it and you found the moles in time.  Life is GOOD!!!!
I am no better that anyone else, but by God, no one is better than I am

Offline The Noggin

• Pedestrian & Cyclist
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2010, 03:20:05 PM »
Congrats on your success! (**!
And that's just the beginning...
Ach du meine Nase!

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2010, 04:47:23 PM »
My girlfriend hasn't stopped rubbing and kissing my head since I shaved it.  I have to admit I'm liking it haha.
Sounds like a win-win situation
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2010, 10:06:17 PM »
Way to go DZ!!
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Enter your email address: