Author Topic: your Military Pictures!  (Read 15162 times)

Offline Dtopford

• Sly
  • after the shave
Re: your Military Pictures!
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2007, 09:15:14 AM »
LOL thats true we don't carry jarheads on our small boys unless there is special cargo aboard but we won't talk about that....
 :-X

CutlassS

« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2007, 06:55:25 PM »
I will add my 2 cents to this post, This is old school stuff, I was in the army in Germany during the cold war, 1972-1974 We were a signal unit stationed in Ludwigsburg outside Sttugard! This is my web site URL:

http://www.34thsignalbn.org

The site has over 400 pictures from the guys who served in the 34thsignalbn, they send there pictures in to be posted, if you are bored and have alot of time then take a look see. thanks

Offline Kajun

• T-Sly Boudreaux
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2007, 10:39:48 PM »
big salute to you Cutlass...nice webpage...i enjoyed looking through the pics  O0
VIVA LA SLY REVOLUCION!!!

CutlassS

« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2007, 05:43:52 AM »
Thanks Kajun!!

I guess my web site went down last night for maintenance, had a router issue, if you were trying to look at the site, keep trying, it will be back up!
 :-\
« Last Edit: April 28, 2007, 05:51:01 AM by CutlassS »

KALBO

« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2007, 11:49:55 AM »
Over the last year or so I've gotten into making slideshows...here are few that I have uploaded showing a couple of port visits...

HONG KONG 2006

MOSTLY GUAM 2006

Offline buddy

• Bud
  • Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2007, 06:48:12 AM »
Great video stream bro.  Brought back memories. 
Bud-man

Offline NAVRN2

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2007, 09:18:53 AM »
Here are a couple.  My OIS commissioning PIC and one from my first reenlistment on the Kitty Hawk.

BALDANDRE

« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2007, 09:24:45 AM »
Here are a couple.  My OIS commissioning PIC and one from my first reenlistment on the Kitty Hawk.

Dude,  you weren't even fully "sly" and you look way cool in the dress threads...seriously how many chicks you get when you sport the dress uniform!? If I were you, I wouldn't go anywhere in civies!

Hey, you ever been to Freemantle?

I KNOW they totally dig American sailors there, especially slick and sly..you point and they come!

Offline NAVRN2

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2007, 09:35:25 AM »
Appreciate it baldandre,  I have been to Perth/Freemantle, and we were required to wear our uniform the first day..... CO just lookin out for us.  Thanks!!

Offline Stu

• Sly Bureau
    • Hope is just around the corner...
« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2007, 11:17:54 AM »
Gotta love those military uniforms... so sharp, and then with a bald head to boot, how can you go wrong?
How is that Hopey / Changey thing working for you?

http://obamaclock.org/

Offline TXFergie

• Sly Jr.
  • TXFergie on Day two of being shorn
    • TXFergie's MySpace Page!!
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2007, 08:33:01 PM »
I tried being sly during Desert Storm but the inner headband on my helmet kept digging into my skin. So I eased up and just starting buzzing it.

I notice that there are lots of Navy/Marine folks out there....where are the soldiers and airmen???

BaldRob

« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2007, 05:42:42 AM »
LOL thats true we don't carry jarheads on our small boys unless there is special cargo aboard but we won't talk about that....
 :-X

I can neither confirm nor deny the presence...  ???

Offline socctty

• Sly Jr.
  • Finally sly.
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2007, 11:14:42 PM »
Appreciate it baldandre,  I have been to Perth/Freemantle, and we were required to wear our uniform the first day..... CO just lookin out for us.  Thanks!!

I've been to Perth (USAF here). Did you ever hit up Northbridge? There's a few cool bars there... The Dean on Aberdeen Street was great. The Brass Monkey is also pretty cool, a bit more laid back though. But there's actually 7 or 8 bars in there and each bar has a different selection of beers, so it encourages mingling. I thought it was weird that they had flat-panel TVs hung up on the ceiling everywhere, though... playing the music videos of whatever was on the speakers at the time.
"You can't hate man if you know him."
- John Steinbeck

"A man's life is interesting primarily when he has failed -- I well know. For it's a sign that he tried to surpass himself."
- Georges Clemenceau

"Nothing is more unsightly than a bald man with hair."
- Martial

Offline socctty

• Sly Jr.
  • Finally sly.
« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2007, 11:24:51 PM »
Okay, a few of my pics. (Sorry about busting the formatting of the page!)

Some Mussolini fountain in Brindisi, Italy. I thought it was weird that it was still standing.
[img width= height=]http://a119.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/00429/81/13/429163118_l.jpg[/img]

Old WWII pillbox in San Vito dei Normanni, Italy.

At a lighthouse in Exmouth, Australia. Love that place.

Note all the flies on the netting. It was about 110 Fahrenheit when I took this picture. But the ocean is in the background.... ah...

Old picture of me (obviously). Last name erased.
"You can't hate man if you know him."
- John Steinbeck

"A man's life is interesting primarily when he has failed -- I well know. For it's a sign that he tried to surpass himself."
- Georges Clemenceau

"Nothing is more unsightly than a bald man with hair."
- Martial

Offline Stu

• Sly Bureau
    • Hope is just around the corner...
« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2007, 11:52:48 AM »
Socctty, you are another great example of a guy who looks way better without hair.  I hope you keep the look.
How is that Hopey / Changey thing working for you?

http://obamaclock.org/