Author Topic: Just started my 30 days!  (Read 3852 times)

Offline TK4108

• Sly Guy in Training
Just started my 30 days!
« on: October 30, 2010, 01:42:06 AM »
Hello all!

After lurking for awhile, I decided to take the jump. I went sly last night. My wife thinks I'm nuts. (Nothing new there though....) I hope I can make it for the full 30. The true test will be showing up at work on Monday.  ;D

Thanks for all the great tips!

Offline ozzie

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: Just started my 30 days!
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2010, 03:56:27 AM »
Congratulations on taking the plunge! Well done! Thirty days will pass before you know it.  O0
To conquer fear is the beginning of wisdom – Bertrand Russell

Offline Noodles

• Proud Melon Member of The Sly Guy Club!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Fireman Dave
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2010, 05:05:05 AM »
Congrats TK, and Welcome to the World of SLY!!!

Come Monday morning, show up@ work in your usual manner. You don't really have to say anything because your new look will speak VOLUMES without your lips ever uttering a single word!!  O0

But be forewarned!! NOT ALL will approve of your new look instantly. That's the whole point of the 30-Day Rule - it allows both those around you - and especially YOU - to get accustomed to your new look!

When I first went SLY, I never gave anyone (family nor co-workers nor friends) any hint that I was even thinking about going sly. I was bringing my son to WonderCuts to get HIS haircut, and the place was pretty empty at the time, so I took advantage of the time and place and left WonderCuts with a whole new image!!
My kid(s) naturally thought I'd gone loco,  :/O and my wife and mom thought the same, but now, since I have maintained my slyness, on a CONSISTENANT DAILY BASIS, for about two years now, my biggest critics , in the beginning, are now my biggest supporters.

Hang in there and the 30 days will breeze on by before you know it!!

Once again, Congrats and Welcome to SBG!!

- Cap'n Noodles -
« Last Edit: October 30, 2010, 05:11:36 AM by Noodles »

Offline Papa Don

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2010, 09:01:50 AM »
Welcome TK!!  Be true to yourself during the 30 days.  If you are hapy with the results, the rest of the World will follow in time.
I am no better that anyone else, but by God, no one is better than I am

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2010, 01:18:19 PM »
My wife thinks I'm nuts. (Nothing new there though....) I hope I can make it for the full 30. The true test will be showing up at work on Monday.  ;D
Welcome, your wife's reaction isn't very unique ;D.  Work, most of the time it's a non-event even though for you personally it's a pretty big deal.  Enjoy.  Post up.

Offline Arnie

• 2011 Sly Bald Guys Fantasy Football Champion
  • Sly Bureau
  • Surrender to your cause, never your circumstances.
    • http://www.frankboucherchevrolet.com
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2010, 02:51:04 PM »
Welcome to SBGs!!! 8)

It sounds like you are worried about how others are liking your new look...but how do you feel right now about it?

Offline TK4108

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2010, 03:59:54 PM »
I would like to thank everyone for their support!  O0

So far, I like it. Although, I've still surprised myself a few times walking by mirrors. ;D

Shaving has been a little easier than I expected. I'm not quick, but I've only done it twice now. I'm using a M5 while waiting for my Headblade to come in the mail.

The funny thing is that Halloween has given me a good excuse to go sly. We hosted a party for a couple other families tonight. I was wearing a Star Trek shirt, so it appeared that I was really dedicate to being an accurate Picard or really pale Sisko.  ;D

Thanks again!

Offline Sgt. Pate

• Sly Bureau
  • ~ Semper Fi ~ Sly Till I Die! ~
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2010, 09:18:50 PM »
Congratulations!   O:O

"Never pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." - Clint Smith

Offline Echo_Four

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2010, 11:58:05 PM »
I'm just on day 3 myself- so I don't have much to add. However, while at the drug store today I did decide to pick up a head blade and their "shave cream" (All I have is trumpers, so I thought I should try something that doesn't need a brush) and it finally hit her that I was planning on staying this way. Now rather than just a little off she's decided I'm totally nuts. Luckily enough she thinks it is a funny kind of crazy.

Offline TK4108

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2010, 01:41:00 PM »
Well, my first day at work went much better than I expected. I had a few people that were surprised, but I got quite a few compliments too!

Offline erutan

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2010, 05:37:31 PM »
Congratulations on the new you.  The time will fly by.  It's almost been two weeks for me.  I'm more settled now than I was the first few days.  Hang in there!

Offline TK4108

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2010, 09:44:07 AM »
Well, things were going pretty well until yesterday. I'm still really happy with the look and I continue to get lots of compliments. My razor just caused me a bit of trouble. It was second day using a Headblade. I'm not quite sure what happened, but I ended up taking about a dime-size piece of my scalp off...  :'( All I can figure is that I must have been looking up in to the mirror while doing the back of my head rather than looking down to keep everything tight. I suppose I could have put pressure on the blade by accident. Either way, I have to take a few days off from shaving so it can heal. I can already tell that I'm going to miss smooth feel. To be honest, I think I hurt my ego a lot more than my head.

Offline The Noggin

• Pedestrian & Cyclist
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2010, 03:35:37 PM »
TK, I guess every Headblader has sliced off some skin once. I also learned my lesson this way. Just shave carefully around the wounded area.
Ach du meine Nase!

Offline Sgt. Pate

• Sly Bureau
  • ~ Semper Fi ~ Sly Till I Die! ~
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2010, 01:48:09 PM »
The HB takes a little getting used to.  Very little downward pressure and keep both ends touching the scalp.  If the HB hesitates, STOP!  Re-lube the area before you try again.   ;)

"Never pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." - Clint Smith

Offline TK4108

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2010, 12:07:39 PM »
Happy day! I just completed my 30 days and I'm loving it!  O0 I was worried about how it would go over at work, but most people have been very supportive. Actually, two of the guys that work for me just cut their hair so short that they are almost sly now too!