Author Topic: New Reflections  (Read 2424 times)

Offline kenny57028

• Super Sly
New Reflections
« on: October 29, 2010, 10:24:45 PM »
Hey Guys I just wanted to check in and say I'll be back around the boards. I recently had to do a stint of time (36 Days) in County. It was in a way a really good thing that happend to me. It took me out of the way I was living and gave me alot of time to think about what I was doing with my life.

One of the topics that was still on my mind just lingering on for whatever reason was the being bald thing. Ya it seemed wierd to me to, here I am shaving my head and 4 months later still thinking about it. And while I was there I came to realize that they reason it was still on my mind and still gave me concern was that I had never fully accepted it. While taking the razor to the dome may have got rid of the problem it didnt get rid of the root cause. The problem all along even before going bald was me being harder on my self than I ever needed to be. An I remember laying there one day and thinking about how all I do is think about things I don't like and things that I wish were different. An I thought to myself how does this help me? How does this change any of these things I don't like? What if one day im 50 years old and still laying somewhere being swallowed  by my self conscious. I needed to quit hard timing my life, and start enjoying it, because it was the only one I got.

An than I rememberd a user on here (who wished to be unnamed) told  me to look in the mirror and look at the things I like about myself and tell myself I'm a good looking, funny, smart, easy going guy. An I did that every day and slowly and surely took myself away from the thoughts of my cynical mind and started living in the real world. An you know what my days have been better than ever. I'm told how much happier I seem and I really do feel it. An I really do believe people now when they tell me I look good. I no longer compare the world of people with hair vs. me... I know that sounds ridiculous, but my mind really worked that way.

I no longer live in this self pity stage that for whatever reason took me so long to get out of. An I finally feel "normal" again. I feel happier than I have in a long time because me shaving my head used to be the only thing on my mind and how people viewed me, but now it hardly crosses my mind. My mind now is able to focus on actual important things in my life. I'm going to a school in Janruary, to be a computer technican and than specialize in systems administration or network security. And im getting a job and getting a new car... things are starting to go alot better in my life, and the way I view my life is leagues beyond what it was even a month ago. Well this was long so I'ma quit now... see everyone on the boards.

The reason people find it so hard to be happy is that they always see the Past better than it was,
the Present worse than it is & the future less resolved than it will be.

Offline ozzie

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: New Reflections
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2010, 10:36:13 PM »
Good to have you back Kenny. Sounds like you are really making serious progress. Congratulations!  O0
To conquer fear is the beginning of wisdom – Bertrand Russell

Offline J.J.

• Sly
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2010, 10:39:30 PM »
Welcome back, Kenny.  Glad to hear that you used your time away to sort through some issues and emerge a happier man.

Offline Papa Don

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2010, 09:06:54 AM »
Welcome back Kenny.  What a revelation of one's inner self.  I think we all suffer through this at some time.  Keep the new attitude and life will be great.
I am no better that anyone else, but by God, no one is better than I am

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2010, 05:58:57 PM »
Kenny life isn't easy for any of us. We all go through trail and tribulations , times of doubt ,and times when where on top of the world .Great your back with us and good luck with all new endeavors. O0
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline Sgt. Pate

• Sly Bureau
  • ~ Semper Fi ~ Sly Till I Die! ~
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2010, 10:21:24 PM »
Welcome back Kenny.  I'll second the "life ain't easy"!  But I have learned that I get to choose how I respond.  Sure makes a big difference.   ;)

"Never pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." - Clint Smith

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2010, 11:28:56 PM »
It's good to see you back and in great spirits!
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Rob-Raz

• Super Sly
  • Me and my girls
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2010, 01:57:22 AM »
Welcome back.....thought it had been a while since you posted!!!!  There are no bad mistakes as long as you learn from them and dont repeat them.