Author Topic: Tanning your head  (Read 5220 times)

Offline YohaiM

• Sly Jr.
Tanning your head
« on: October 25, 2010, 11:32:46 PM »
Hey,
Have been shaving my head for the last couple of years.
The thing is,that I have very thick hair all over my head,except for the front,where I have a receding hair line,and very thin hair.
Because of my thick hair,my head has a white color,even though I have a brown skin.
I almost don't hang out in the sun,and have tried skin dyeing lotions in the past,with only a slight change in color.
What can I do to have a brown,shinny and tanned head?
Thanks,
Yohai.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 07:33:46 PM by YohaiM »

If you can't beat them,Shave them.....

Offline Arnie

• 2011 Sly Bald Guys Fantasy Football Champion
  • Sly Bureau
  • Surrender to your cause, never your circumstances.
    • http://www.frankboucherchevrolet.com
Re: Tanning your head
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2010, 12:51:22 PM »
It doesn't take much to burn or tan in the sun...some deliberate time dedicated to that would help.

Or there is always...(wait for it...wait for it...)

...the tanning bed... :-X

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2010, 06:42:23 PM »
NEVER !.....NEVER! ....The tanning bed!!..... :x!...Just get a little sun each day (NOT A BURN), it will tan up soon enough.
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline Jack21

• Sly
  • Panta Rhei
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2010, 08:33:10 PM »
I am also in desperate need of getting a little color on my head. My brother saw me today and said "It looks great, but you kinda need a tan". I'm hoping for a sunny weekend. I'm guessing that just 15-20 minutes should help without running the risk of getting sunburned. No tanning bed. No way.

Here's a funny memory. One of the medics in my platoon had grown his hair out too long and ran into the sgt. major who made him shave his head bald. We were going out on a patrol that night and when were all readying our gear in the dark we noticed an unearthly white glow. It was the medics head. My platoon sgt. made him paint his head with black camo paint. We all thought it was hilarious at the time not b/c he was shaved headed (I mean half us were) but b/c his head was so white it was actually a tactical liability. In retrospect I dunno why sarge couldn't have just told him to put on a stocking cap or any hat for that matter. I guess its one of those "you kinda had to be there" jokes.
A sword unto Gideon and unto God

Offline YohaiM

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2010, 09:31:21 PM »
I am also in desperate need of getting a little color on my head. My brother saw me today and said "It looks great, but you kinda need a tan". I'm hoping for a sunny weekend. I'm guessing that just 15-20 minutes should help without running the risk of getting sunburned. No tanning bed. No way.

Here's a funny memory. One of the medics in my platoon had grown his hair out too long and ran into the sgt. major who made him shave his head bald. We were going out on a patrol that night and when were all readying our gear in the dark we noticed an unearthly white glow. It was the medics head. My platoon sgt. made him paint his head with black camo paint. We all thought it was hilarious at the time not b/c he was shaved headed (I mean half us were) but b/c his head was so white it was actually a tactical liability. In retrospect I dunno why sarge couldn't have just told him to put on a stocking cap or any hat for that matter. I guess its one of those "you kinda had to be there" jokes.

Nice story,even though it's unhelpful......
Thanks anyway.(At least this was a good stroty...... :px)
Any suggestions about a tanning lotion?Anybody?

Offline Jack21

• Sly
  • Panta Rhei
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2010, 07:39:50 AM »
Sorry, bro. I'm new. I'm also pretty bad about going off on tangents. What I am going to do this weekend is put on some SPF 30 and spend about 20 minutes at the pool (provided its sunny). I guess that's not advice, but its what I am going to do to address pretty much the exact same issue as you. I also have a dark complexion except for the front of my scalp and the area just below it. There I'm white as a ghost.

Nice story,even though it's unhelpful......
Thanks anyway.(At least this was a good stroty...... :px)
Any suggestions about a tanning lotion?Anybody?
A sword unto Gideon and unto God

Offline Rob-Raz

• Super Sly
  • Me and my girls
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2010, 07:49:36 AM »
I think there is Jergen's Natural Glow moisturizer that some folks have mentioned gives a decent gradual color. Just make sure to wash your hands right after applying to avoid the "orange palm."  ;)

Offline YohaiM

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2010, 08:29:07 AM »
Too bad I live in Israel.....
Don't think we have those here,but I have to check.(ain't gonna order it,because of the shipping costs)
I have some lotion at my folks' house.
I'll get it and tell you what brand it is.(I think "Clinic",but not sure)
Thanks for replying,
Yohai.

Offline RayzorBlade

• Sly Jr.
  • Shave Your Dome
    • Rayzor Blade
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2010, 08:39:52 AM »
I live in Florida and my tan comes and goes with the seasons. A little sun everyday helps but if you burn like I do, sometimes you get an uneven tan. Just one of the things us bald guys have to live with.

Offline Sgt. Pate

• Sly Bureau
  • ~ Semper Fi ~ Sly Till I Die! ~
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2010, 03:47:21 PM »
Make some time to sit in the sun... that,s the only way to go!   O0

"Never pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." - Clint Smith