Author Topic: Want to go Sly but my skin is atrocious!  (Read 3862 times)

Offline VictorMackey

• Sly weight loss master!
  • Sly Jr.
Want to go Sly but my skin is atrocious!
« on: October 21, 2010, 06:00:25 PM »
I've been wanting to try out the Sly look for a while now, but the last time I clipped it with no guard, my head looked like a minefield.

It's not just the top of my head, but I have spots on my face as well.

Are there any guaranteed methods for getting perfectly clean skin without so much as a blemish?

Another thing is that I'm quite overweight now and I think fat + bald = bad combo, while ripped + bald = lady magnet formula, so should I wait until I lose a good few pounds?

Offline ecofriendly

• Learning the way of Sly
Re: Want to go Sly but my skin is atrocious!
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2010, 06:08:21 PM »
Hey.. I have had some scalp acne problems in the past and currently deal with it occasionally. Try T/Sal shampoo and spot treat with hydrocortisone 10 and neosporin.

Offline VictorMackey

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2010, 06:15:19 PM »
Thanks for the reply. What is all that stuff? Not expensive I hope!  ???

Offline ecofriendly

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2010, 06:39:38 PM »
everything would probably come up to 20 buck and would last forever.. Can buy it all at the local grocery store. Neutrogena t/sal shampoo, hydrocortisone 10 gel, and neosporin gel. All in the same area in the store.. Not a cure but it will control it.

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2010, 08:43:42 PM »
I personally prefer "heavy" to "fat".   O:O

In my opinion, heavy and sly beats the heck out of heavy and messy!

Sounds to me like you may be using that as an excuse rather than a reason?
« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 08:32:35 AM by bootedbear »

Offline lordmage

• Sly
  • Mac it's the Cheesiest
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2010, 02:59:35 AM »
if i can go sly with my scalp problems and clear them up so can you. quite simply take it all off in a hot shower take your time. close the pores with a oil/grease free after shave balm and ice cube rub. follow with anti acne treatment and touch it up after you sweet to much.
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do." Samuel Langhorne Clemens
"Just Do it" Nike
"shave that darn head already" Lordmage :P

Offline VictorMackey

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2010, 03:44:49 AM »
everything would probably come up to 20 buck and would last forever.. Can buy it all at the local grocery store. Neutrogena t/sal shampoo, hydrocortisone 10 gel, and neosporin gel. All in the same area in the store.. Not a cure but it will control it.

I will check that out, thanks.  How long should it all last?

I personally prefer "heavy" to "fat".   O:O

In my opinion, heavy and sly beats the heck out heavy and messy!

Sounds to me like you may be using that as an excuse rather than a reason?

Yeah true.  I'm just uncomfortable with my weight I guess.  It's not really an excuse, I just wanted to lose all my weight and when I hit my target, then go Sly too, so I could hit people with a double whammy.

Aside from that, the dieting, I'm hoping, would sort my skin out since I'm starting to think it's because of all the crap I eat.

if i can go sly with my scalp problems and clear them up so can you. quite simply take it all off in a hot shower take your time. close the pores with a oil/grease free after shave balm and ice cube rub. follow with anti acne treatment and touch it up after you sweet to much.

Hi, thanks for the reply.

If it's too personal, then not to worry, but I was just wondering if you could elaborate on what skin problems you have, if you'd be so kind.

Offline Papa Don

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2010, 08:00:11 AM »
Victor, first off let me welcome you to the site.  As far as skin problems, I had these (pimples?) that would pop out on my head on a regular basis.  Hurt like heck!  Once going sly, they have all but disappeared.  I get an occasional one once in a while.  Nothing like it was when I had hair.  This might work for you too.  I think the problem for me was the oily skin clogged the hair folicles.  Just a guess.
I am no better that anyone else, but by God, no one is better than I am

Offline The Noggin

• Pedestrian & Cyclist
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2010, 12:22:35 PM »
...  It's not really an excuse, I just wanted to lose all my weight and when I hit my target, then go Sly too, so I could hit people with a double whammy.
It could work the other way around even better: Go sly and get a boost from it in your weight loss effort.
Ach du meine Nase!

Offline VictorMackey

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2010, 12:47:09 PM »
Victor, first off let me welcome you to the site.  As far as skin problems, I had these (pimples?) that would pop out on my head on a regular basis.  Hurt like heck!  Once going sly, they have all but disappeared.  I get an occasional one once in a while.  Nothing like it was when I had hair.  This might work for you too.  I think the problem for me was the oily skin clogged the hair folicles.  Just a guess.

That's great news. I never thought that my skin might clear up AFTER I start regularly going Sly. I think I may take the plunge next week.

It could work the other way around even better: Go sly and get a boost from it in your weight loss effort.

Hallo! Guten Abend!  Wie geht es Ihnen? 

That's the extent of my German, but I started learning a couple of weeks back.   :-X

Thank you for the suggestion. As I said above, I think I'll be taking the plunge next week.

Offline The Noggin

• Pedestrian & Cyclist
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2010, 12:59:48 PM »
You can say "You" to me! (Old joke from my English lessons 30+ years ago, meaning: Sie können "Du" zu mir sagen!)  ;D
Ach du meine Nase!

Offline VictorMackey

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2010, 01:08:28 PM »
That language is so cool.  I want to be fluent, but it's a bit late for that.  I'd be happy with being able to get by in everyday conversation though.

I know "dir" is less formal than "Ihnen", but that was my first message to you, so I thought I'd be formal  O:O

Offline lordmage

• Sly
  • Mac it's the Cheesiest
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2010, 09:51:35 PM »
my skin issues where extreme dry skin psoriasis among the usually stuff like pimples
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do." Samuel Langhorne Clemens
"Just Do it" Nike
"shave that darn head already" Lordmage :P