Author Topic: went and did it.  (Read 2227 times)

Offline lordmage

• Sly
  • Mac it's the Cheesiest
went and did it.
« on: October 06, 2010, 10:08:38 PM »
like most if not all of my Sly brotha's. i went and joined a gym. will be talking to there PT soon and creating my routine.

Progress so far with out gym's help
lost 25 IBS started diet on 9-29
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 12:34:37 AM by lordmage »

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do." Samuel Langhorne Clemens
"Just Do it" Nike
"shave that darn head already" Lordmage :P

Offline BaldWriterBob

• Super Sly
  • Pastor, Author, Musician
Re: went and did it.
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2010, 12:11:55 AM »
Wish you all the best.

Offline ozzie

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2010, 12:27:52 AM »
Well done! Keep us posted on your progress.  O0
To conquer fear is the beginning of wisdom – Bertrand Russell

Offline Noodles

• Proud Melon Member of The Sly Guy Club!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Fireman Dave
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2010, 06:06:20 AM »
Best of luck and success to you, Mage, in your new conqest. The KEY is to stick with it and don't push too hard beyond your limits in the beginning (nothing puts a damper on a fitness routine than the soreness and injuries that can occurr by trying to do too much too soon).

A few guys on the forum are doing the P90X Fitness Program. I hear that's a kick-ass program within itself that gets results fast. As you progress in your gym routines, you may want to consider incorporating the P90X program into your overall routine. Talk to some of the guys on that program - I'm sure they'll be more than happy to give you the info you need!

Seems I ought to be in better shape than I presently am due to the fact that I've been skating at my job for the last 28 years!!

- Cap'n Noodles -
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 06:11:47 AM by Noodles »

Offline lordmage

• Sly
  • Mac it's the Cheesiest
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2010, 10:14:03 PM »
well just completed my first official day of PT with a personal trainer. the routine was as close to 4 sets as possible or ten minutes which ever came first.
crunches did 35 ( ouch it burned) never managed to do so many before even in school.
10 minutes on the new stepper slash elliptical at resistance 1 (wow better than 1 hour fast walking the local mall. slight burn but nice still felt my abs while doing it to.
did some light free weights for the arms and curls with pull lifts or what ever did 3 sets a piece. (burns a bit all over at this point)
did 6 reps on the machines i will hope to concur in 30 days. one worked the upper back and the other was for lat pull downs.

all this took about an hour. not including the 20 mins beforehand that i did on the cycle at 80 watts. so i was ready for bed after my steam room and pool rest periods.
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do." Samuel Langhorne Clemens
"Just Do it" Nike

Offline Sgt. Pate

• Sly Bureau
  • ~ Semper Fi ~ Sly Till I Die! ~
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2010, 11:20:52 PM »
OH GREAT!  Now I suppose you'll start eating right too!   :*))

"Never pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." - Clint Smith

Offline lordmage

• Sly
  • Mac it's the Cheesiest
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2010, 01:30:23 AM »
OH GREAT!  Now I suppose you'll start eating right too!   :*))
already did started that before the gym at www.fitday.com. went from 320 to 295 so far
« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 01:34:21 AM by lordmage »
"Just Do it" Nike

Offline Noodles

• Proud Melon Member of The Sly Guy Club!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Fireman Dave
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2010, 07:07:18 AM »
Lookee'...Lookee'...., Mage....Lookee' what I 've got...(LOL)

MAN vs FOOD

RESIST TEMPTATION and you'll keep doing fine on your diet..especially combining it with your workout routine!!

Congrats on the poundage you lost thus far!!

- Cap'n Noodles -

Offline lordmage

• Sly
  • Mac it's the Cheesiest
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2010, 01:47:30 PM »
 :x!  :popo  )-m `dr**l f*rg^ F!@m wow
"Just Do it" Nike