Author Topic: women confuse the hell out of me  (Read 28298 times)

Offline Mrs. Meister

• Sly Guy in Training
Re: women confuse the hell out of me
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2007, 01:02:57 PM »
Wow!  You guys are very "in tune" if you don't mind my saying so.

(not sure I'm too crazy about the Robmeister flirting ;))

But he's naturally a flirt, just because of his good nature and sense of humor (admittedly sick at times :XX)

Back in '90 and '91 when the Robmeister and I worked on the Catalina boats (not married or even dating), I must say that he was very nice and funny, but also "disinterested" and that was so "cool" it was irrisistable.

Dtop, hang in there, hun.  You're probably a good catch.  It's her loss.

Offline Dtopford

• Sly
  • after the shave
« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2007, 01:07:30 PM »
Thanks Mrs. M
 O0

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2007, 01:18:49 PM »
Wow!  You guys are very "in tune" if you don't mind my saying so.

(not sure I'm too crazy about the Robmeister flirting ;))

But he's naturally a flirt, just because of his good nature and sense of humor (admittedly sick at times :XX)

Back in '90 and '91 when the Robmeister and I worked on the Catalina boats (not married or even dating), I must say that he was very nice and funny, but also "disinterested" and that was so "cool" it was irrisistable.

Dtop, hang in there, hun.  You're probably a good catch.  It's her loss.

Thanks for posting up Mrs M.!!  I think "disinterested" is a better way of putting "unobtainable." 
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline blondeguy

• Super Sly
« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2007, 02:33:52 PM »
What do they want honstly? Do they know what they want? Does any one know what they want from a man?
I am honestly to the point of saying to hell with women. You hear all they time about how a woman wants a strong reliable guy who treats them well who can be a father friend and lover.

I am just realy confused right now sorry about the rant, but I just got the "just friends" from a woman that I thought I had a real connection with. I know it was the first time I had felt that way about a woman in a long time. So to hell with them.

A lot of good feedback here.  I'll add my experience to the mix, because I also got the "just friends" routine from someone I was in it really deep for, and it was painful.  The friendship still hasn't recovered.  After some reflection, I realized what I had done that placed me in her friend zone.

1.)  I wasn't upfront with her about my wants from the start.  I wanted a relationship, not a friendship.  Only after it's clear she's not the one for me should I consider her a friend.  I'm always clear about which path I want to take now.

2.)  I became her "girlfriend"--e.g., watching the same TV shows, listening to her love life, etc.  Once she starts telling you her love life troubles, it's over.  Common interests are good, but I make sure to have differing interests and a life of my own.  She should want to visit my world.

3.)  I didn't make myself unobtainable.  It's counterintuitive, but the less available you make yourself, and the less you act interested--while keeping up the flirting (this is important)--the more attracted she'll be.  You should ration yourself out like a reward, because you're the sh*t. :D

Once I told myself all those things, I changed how I approach women (and life in general).  I'll always regret losing out on the one.  She was really something.  But it got me to change my attitude.

Offline Dtopford

• Sly
  • after the shave
« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2007, 03:17:37 PM »
Thanks Blonde for whatever reason those statements of your make a lot of sense to me. I realy think that my case with this woman is very similar. We had a lot of things in common and I think I just was to open to her about how I was feeling twards her.

I have never been the player and I have always hated the game with a passion. When I start to get into someone I am generaly straight forward and direct and I think this causes them to panic and hit the friend button. (IE: EJECT EJECT EJECT!!!!)

Once again thanks for the inputs guys.

Offline blondeguy

• Super Sly
« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2007, 06:56:32 PM »
I have never been the player and I have always hated the game with a passion. When I start to get into someone I am generaly straight forward and direct and I think this causes them to panic and hit the friend button. (IE: EJECT EJECT EJECT!!!!)

I used to give it all up, too, trying to befriend them and thinking telling them everything I feel will make them attracted to me.  It was crazy, I even wrote poetry!  But attraction isn't a choice.  It's more effective--and more fun--to be flirty and play some hard-to-get.  That gets them attracted.  O:O

Offline Dtopford

• Sly
  • after the shave
« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2007, 10:18:39 PM »
Bahh games LOL

Offline Kajun

• T-Sly Boudreaux
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2007, 10:49:16 PM »
dtop...do you think it had anything to do with the shaved head? what was her reaction to it?
VIVA LA SLY REVOLUCION!!!

Offline Dtopford

• Sly
  • after the shave
« Reply #38 on: April 09, 2007, 11:09:30 PM »
no I think it was the fact that I didn't hold back when I started realy likeing her I flat out told her and thats when she started to lose intrest I think.

But like I said before I hate the game if you like a person then you tell them you don't act all indifferent. At least thats what I have always thought.

Although tonight she called me up wanting to talk. I told her I was busy and was going out. I don't know if this is right or wrong but I haven't realy talked to her at all since she hit the friends eject button.

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #39 on: April 10, 2007, 07:23:09 AM »
This is my individual experience, and may not work for everyone.
Now that the disclaimer is out of the way......I've been married six years at the end of this month. I still don't understand and probably never will. I can be rather stubborn, and a bit of an a-hole at times. I admit this, and don't really care otherwise most times. This will usually get me in trouble, but oh well. I tell her that's who I am. So just be yourself, I think you did the right thing when she called and you told her you were goin out. Presenting yourself as "hard to get" will help.
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #40 on: April 10, 2007, 08:08:33 AM »
no I think it was the fact that I didn't hold back when I started realy likeing her I flat out told her and thats when she started to lose intrest I think.

But like I said before I hate the game if you like a person then you tell them you don't act all indifferent. At least thats what I have always thought.

Although tonight she called me up wanting to talk. I told her I was busy and was going out. I don't know if this is right or wrong but I haven't realy talked to her at all since she hit the friends eject button.

That was the right move. If she wants a "beckon call" boy, she can go get a dog.

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline blondeguy

• Super Sly
« Reply #41 on: April 10, 2007, 09:50:35 AM »

It's right, in my opinion, just as schro said.  You've got a life of your own.

I know you hate the game, but you're already playing it, see. ;)

Offline Dtopford

• Sly
  • after the shave
« Reply #42 on: April 10, 2007, 10:39:15 AM »
yea yea I know shame on me

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #43 on: April 10, 2007, 01:50:02 PM »
Once you hit that "Eject " button there ain't no going back.

Offline Dtopford

• Sly
  • after the shave
« Reply #44 on: April 10, 2007, 03:59:17 PM »
"Once you hit that "Eject " button there ain't no going back"

To true we will see though I am not sure but I think her friends and what not are going to bat for me. We knew each other long enough to get to know some of her friends and family.