Author Topic: Unbelievable!  (Read 3335 times)

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Unbelievable!
« on: April 07, 2007, 01:47:28 PM »
Remember the recent discussion on the new TV show, The Great American Dream Vote?  About the 22-year-old MPB guy whose dream was to get a hair transplant?  I never even bothered to watch the show but apparently this guy won.  I don't get it.  You'd think that he was the victim of some rare disfiguring condition or something.

On the plus side, it sounds like ABC has dumped the show:

http://www.tv.com/story/9244.html

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
Re: Unbelievable!
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2007, 01:58:31 PM »
Anyone here think, besides me, that stuff like hair transplants and plastic surgery are tampering with nature? 
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2007, 02:06:33 PM »
Anyone here think, besides me, that stuff like hair transplants and plastic surgery are tampering with nature? 

If I were ever disfigured in an accident --- or if I had something really ugly (no comments from the peanut gallery  :x! :x!) like a huge black mole with hair growing out of it right in the middle of my forehead -- I'd look into getting it corrected with plastic surgery.

I really don't think there is any good reason to get a hair transplant.  I can understand the disappointment in going bald, but it's not like it's something rare or unusual.  It's perfectly normal and commonplace.  When I see photos of how those transplants are actually done, it makes my stomach churn.  No way could I ever do that to myself.

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2007, 02:09:16 PM »
Amen RazorX
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Switch

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2007, 11:01:10 AM »
i have been hit with a recent discovery. noticed that at the age of 18, i am aquiring a receding hairline. the thing is, i am not that bothered about it! i love being bald and the sooner i go bald from nature, the sooner i can stop shaving!haha
-Switch "The Prodigy" Noblitt

BaldRob

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2007, 11:48:07 AM »

If I were ever disfigured in an accident --- or if I had something really ugly (no comments from the peanut gallery  :x! :x!) like a huge black mole with hair growing out of it right in the middle of my forehead -- I'd look into getting it corrected with plastic surgery.

I really don't think there is any good reason to get a hair transplant.  I can understand the disappointment in going bald, but it's not like it's something rare or unusual.  It's perfectly normal and commonplace.  When I see photos of how those transplants are actually done, it makes my stomach churn.  No way could I ever do that to myself.

Adding to that, is how many hair transplants actually work?  I was working with a guy this past week who had hair transplants and it was very obvious... neat little clumps of hair all over the top of his head.  I wanted to ask him why, but since he works for the prime contractor on the project, I figured I'd better not piss him off!  :/O

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2007, 05:45:17 PM »
i have been hit with a recent discovery. noticed that at the age of 18, i am aquiring a receding hairline. the thing is, i am not that bothered about it! i love being bald and the sooner i go bald from nature, the sooner i can stop shaving!haha

Hey Switch....nice to have you back, bro!

Offline Beer Barron

• Super Sly
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2007, 06:33:08 PM »

I'll drink to that!

I used to work with a guy who had something done the top of his head which I assume were transplants.  It didn't look very good.  It almost looked like a checkerboard the way the plugs were laid out. 

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2007, 11:47:13 PM »
Heck, I have two huge, very noticable scars that are prominent on my chest and left rib cage.  Never once thought about having plastic surgery to make the scars less noticable.  Just like I wouldn't think about getting transplants. 
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline HotCajun

• Super Sly
    • myspace
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2007, 01:02:07 PM »
I'd like to see a picture of his transplant......poor guy!!!

Enter your email address: