Author Topic: Will You Let it Grow Back?  (Read 21166 times)

Offline Timmer

• Super Sly
  • And it harm none, do what you will.
Re: Will You Let it Grow Back?
« Reply #60 on: October 05, 2010, 09:34:30 PM »
Let's take a look at this:

Me with hair:  Get up in the morning, hair a freaking birds nest.  Must run a brush through it, possibly even wetting it first to get it out of my face and the one side to lay the hell down.

Me bald:  Get up in the morning.  Possibly run my warm face cloth over noggin when I wash the sleep from my face.

Me with hair:  Shower.  Shave face, wet hair, shampoo hair and rinse, sometimes twice if it's really oily.  Condition.  Towel dry.  Add product if I want it to stay anywhere I want it.  Blow dry for same reason.  Total time spent on hair, 10 minutes minimum.

Me bald:  Shower.  Shave face.  Shave noggin.  Once you learn what works for you, total time, 5 minutes max.  Towel dry.  Possibly lotion noggin while adding lotion to other areas. 

Me with hair:  When I'm in the restroom, do my business, wash and dry hands, check hair to make sure it's in place...frown at MPB.  Comb it.  Sometimes comb it a LOT because even with product and blow drying, it doesn't want to do what I want.

Me bald:  When I'm in the restroom, do my business, wash my hands, dry my hands, admire my noggin.  I will give the concession that sometimes I use a wipe of some sort to keep the oil down on the skull, but other than that...

I'm not buying your 99%.  I just don't see it.

One definition of "surrender" is, "To join the winning side."

Offline Smooth_Operator

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #61 on: October 05, 2010, 10:41:09 PM »
I do spend more time shaving my head than I ever did styling my hair....

But I spend absolutely NO time worrying about what my shaved head looks like vs. having spent gobs of time every single day (before going sly) worrying about what my MPB looks like in the sun, under lights, with a sunroof overhead, walking down the street, etc.

So, being sly is a net time-saver for me on the mental level but not on a task level.  It's absolutely worth it, though.  I can spare 10 extra minutes a day to shave so that I feel good about myself the other 23hrs 50mins... (yes, I even feel good about being sly in my sleep).

Offline Rob

• Sly Bureau
  • British baldy since 2006
« Reply #62 on: October 06, 2010, 06:11:32 AM »
Whether it's a time-saver or not, I just love a shaved noggin, and that's all that matters in the end.

I used to keep my hair trimmed at #1 or 2 and I'd trim it most days so it kept even, so it's not much different to shaving, except that I enjoy shaving more than I ever enjoyed buzzing my hair. 8)

When I had long hair I used to wash it every day, gel it, blow dry it, laquer it...go out in a wind and it was all over the place.

Yeah: I must be that 1% that finds it easier to shave than have hair! :D

Offline Timmer

• Super Sly
  • And it harm none, do what you will.
« Reply #63 on: October 06, 2010, 06:30:23 AM »
Whether it's a time-saver or not, I just love a shaved noggin, and that's all that matters in the end.

EXACTLY!   O:O
One definition of "surrender" is, "To join the winning side."

Offline CraftyGuy

• Ultimate Sly Guy
    • My Facebook page
« Reply #64 on: October 06, 2010, 06:59:03 AM »

EXACTLY!   O:O

Ditto!  8)

MikeC

Offline Sgt. Pate

• Sly Bureau
  • ~ Semper Fi ~ Sly Till I Die! ~
« Reply #65 on: October 06, 2010, 01:53:14 PM »
The time spent is certainly a personal assessment, depending on your hair and of course your shaving routine.
My hair required a lot of attention, styling and such.  My shave routine in the shower is fairly quick, 4 - 5 minutes max.
So it's pretty hard to make a concrete statement for all.  It's mostly a "wash" (no pun intended) for me.  O0

"Never pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." - Clint Smith

Offline fcb2001

• 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa (11 June to 11 July 2010)
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Bald for Life
« Reply #66 on: November 11, 2010, 09:10:06 AM »
Hell No.

No way in hell ill grow it back.

Offline balddaniel

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #67 on: November 11, 2010, 06:57:25 PM »
I spend way more less time shaving my head than I do washing, drying, gelling, fixing, trying to make sure it is purfect.  Shaving 4 minutes, towel dry a little baldguyz head gel and voila done. I love being bald and would never change it for the world.  I get way more glances and smiles from both men and women.  Why quit a good thing?  Bald is Bold  :@`

Offline marshd1000

• Sly Bureau
  • Love your bald noggin, wear a hat in the sun!
    • Christian Chromedomes
« Reply #68 on: December 29, 2010, 10:25:28 PM »
Due to surgery I had let it grow back.  It was interesting to see the advance of MPB.  But sly is going to be my style of choice or a close buzz.

Offline Oto

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #69 on: December 30, 2010, 06:33:00 AM »
Hair or no hair requires mantainance. If you have long hair you have to wash and rinse it, comb it, etc. Being bald requires mantainance, too.
I love the sly look and feel on my head but it doesn't last and to keep sly I have to shave everyday, just as if I was doing my beard. I just spend a few minutes doing that ath the shower. But normally I'm too lazy to do that everyday, so I usually shave my head with a #0 every week or so, and go sly on special ocasions. that doesn't recquires much mantainance at all and surely is less than washing and combing.
If I'm smooth day 0 is wonderful, but on days 1 to 3 the stubble and shadow is not so good-looking. Day 4 on, it's nice to see the "small carpet" sensation, but soon I have the urge to shave again.
I have a full head, not MPB. I like to see my hair growing back and shaving it again. I don't care much what others think, so I like to alternate absolute no hair with some or very little hair.

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #70 on: December 30, 2010, 07:02:04 AM »
I shaved a full head of hair off three years ago.  On the rare occassion when I have had to let it grow for a few days I couldn't stand it.   Being sly is a lifestyle choice, whether you are BBC or MPB.  Personally, I can't imagine having hair again.
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline Stormin Norm

• Team Sly
  • Sly Jr.
« Reply #71 on: December 30, 2010, 09:57:38 AM »
Mornin fellas,

I remember several years ago wasting time styling my hair which seemed to take forever.  Now, HB c/w triple blades-slick quick-less than 5 minutes.

Just one further note.  I sure as something don't miss driving to and from a barber shop, waiting in line and paying money for a haircut.  If you factor the time wasted to do so, man, we are saving tons of time and money to do better things aaaaaaaaaaaand............chics love sly men. O0

To each his own but methinks that this forum has helped tons of guys take the leap.  Tons of good advice also-thank you!

Offline Stormin Norm

• Team Sly
  • Sly Jr.
« Reply #72 on: December 30, 2010, 10:02:55 AM »
Ooops forgot something.  Fellas, save your money on the horse portions and psuedo mpb cures that you see out there-they..............................don't work!  I reckon I've said it before.  If there was a real "cure" for mpb, it would be all over the news and the manufacturer would be guaranteeing 100% results. Most of em are vermin preying on vulnerable people with hope in their products.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2010, 10:04:48 AM by Stormin Norm »

Offline CraftyGuy

• Ultimate Sly Guy
    • My Facebook page
« Reply #73 on: December 30, 2010, 12:39:30 PM »
Hell no, we won't grow!  O0
MikeC

Offline Basqueman

• Sly Jr.
  • Your opinion of yourself is the one that matters
« Reply #74 on: December 31, 2010, 10:07:16 AM »
I've been sly now for one week.  I love it more each day......so no....at least for now,  I'don't think I'll  grow my horseshoe back. :@`