Author Topic: Will You Let it Grow Back?  (Read 21166 times)

Offline lordmage

• Sly
  • Mac it's the Cheesiest
Re: Will You Let it Grow Back?
« Reply #45 on: October 01, 2010, 09:50:36 PM »
njbill if you alway nix the back then invest in dare i say it... a depilatory like magic shave designed for black men like the can says but used by some with bad areas to make it smooth.

some have a burn to them and could cause temporary skin inflammation and irritation but that is up to each person skin. at least you would be smooth without all the cuts.
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do." Samuel Langhorne Clemens
"Just Do it" Nike
"shave that darn head already" Lordmage :P

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #46 on: October 01, 2010, 09:53:41 PM »
Here's a post from this very site.   Arguing that shaving your head somehow saves time is ridiculous.

http://www.slybaldguys.com/smf/index.php?topic=13103.msg214446#msg214446

What exactly is your agenda?  You joined in September 2008, posted a few times and then disappeared.  And then nearly two years to the day after your last post, you started participating again and nearly every post you've made has been negative.  What is it, exactly, that you're looking for?   ??? ???

Offline Smooth_Operator

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #47 on: October 01, 2010, 10:10:45 PM »
I let my hair grow back every single day... and then I shave it again.  Keeps it from getting any ideas.

Offline BlueMicrowave

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #48 on: October 03, 2010, 07:05:05 AM »
Since I shaved the noggin in the hottest part of the summer, I got the question at work from one of the gals there, "Will you let it grow back now that it's getting cooler?" 

My answer was to grin and say, "No, but I'm going to let my beard grow back.  It's hard to get a hat on my face."  We are in Idaho and we can have a winter that's like a long fall in some places or we can get slammed when the Siberian Express drops low enough. 

She seemed to have a hard time understanding it.  "Isn't that a lot of work?"  "Well, no, it's about five minutes in the shower, and I don't have to do it every day if I don't want to."

And I really hadn't thought much about growing it back at all.  Maybe.  Someday.  If I get bored enough with shaving.  But if I didn't have it shaved bald then I'd probably just keep it ultra short because longer hair is just a pain in the a$$, and an ultra short just sort of highlights my MPB more than anything. 

So no, I don't think I'll grow it back.  At least not anytime in the near future.  I've got a good hat for the winter and today I prefer it sly.

What's your take?

I have longer hair and it's not that much trouble

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #49 on: October 03, 2010, 10:23:26 AM »
I have longer hair and it's not that much trouble

:/O :/O :/O So why are you hanging out at a website dedicated to the Sly style of life, are you interested in trying it out?

Offline njbill

• Sly
« Reply #50 on: October 04, 2010, 02:52:33 PM »
Just illustrating how you guys tend to blow smoke up people's azz

What exactly is your agenda?  You joined in September 2008, posted a few times and then disappeared.  And then nearly two years to the day after your last post, you started participating again and nearly every post you've made has been negative.  What is it, exactly, that you're looking for?   ??? ???

Offline Sgt. Pate

• Sly Bureau
  • ~ Semper Fi ~ Sly Till I Die! ~
« Reply #51 on: October 04, 2010, 08:03:42 PM »
Just illustrating how you guys tend to blow smoke up people's azz

And of course you tend to ? ? ?

"Never pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." - Clint Smith

Offline njbill

• Sly
« Reply #52 on: October 04, 2010, 08:09:02 PM »
I was just trying to be truthful about the whole matter, when some peeps are arguing that shaving your head is a huge timesaver, which is ridiculous.

Offline fcb2001

• 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa (11 June to 11 July 2010)
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Bald for Life
« Reply #53 on: October 05, 2010, 10:22:20 AM »
no i wont, the longest i may is the buzz cut

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #54 on: October 05, 2010, 10:31:31 AM »
shaving your head is a huge timesaver, which is ridiculous.

Depends on each SBG's circumstances For a lot of guys who nearly needed a construction permit to prepare the tumbleweeds in the morning, shampooing, blow drying, spraying, coaching into position; or those who had to work with a toupee and all the appointments, taping etc., yes it is a substantial savings not only in time but aggravation and money. Your situation is different with some "battle scars" that very few of us have and you seem from your kvetching about shaving and sly that you are projecting your issues to our scalps where they are irrelevant.  
« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 01:48:08 PM by saintc »

Offline Timmer

• Super Sly
  • And it harm none, do what you will.
« Reply #55 on: October 05, 2010, 10:35:28 AM »
@ NJBill

Settle down, Francis.
One definition of "surrender" is, "To join the winning side."

Offline njbill

• Sly
« Reply #56 on: October 05, 2010, 04:13:49 PM »

You're bringing up all these tangential points that werent part of the original discussion.   Shaving is in no way faster easier than having hair in 99% of cases. 

Depends on each SBG's circumstances For a lot of guys who nearly needed a construction permit to prepare the tumbleweeds in the morning, shampooing, blow drying, spraying, coaching into position; or those who had to work with a toupee and all the appointments, taping etc., yes it is a substantial savings not only in time but aggravation and money. Your situation is different with some "battle scars" that very few of us have and you seem from your kvetching about shaving and sly that you are projecting your issues to our scalps where they are irrelevant.  

You're bringing up all these tangential points that werent part of the original discussion.   Having a

Offline BillOnBass

• Super Sly
« Reply #57 on: October 05, 2010, 04:58:45 PM »
You're bringing up all these tangential points that werent part of the original discussion.   Shaving is in no way faster easier than having hair in 99% of cases. 

73% of all statistics are made up on the spot1.

1Source: Me

"There he goes.  One of God's own prototypes.  A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production.  Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Offline Scott

• Sly Bureau
  • Celebrating 5+ Years of SLYNESS!
« Reply #58 on: October 05, 2010, 07:17:56 PM »

[/quote]

That was hilarious!!!

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #59 on: October 05, 2010, 07:21:51 PM »

YR*(k