Author Topic: Shaved head 1 year after transplant. How can I hide scar?  (Read 14783 times)

Offline jgq85

• Learning the way of Sly
Shaved head 1 year after transplant. How can I hide scar?
« on: September 26, 2010, 08:53:14 PM »
Is my scar bad? Should I grow my hair back out? I really want to keep my head shaved since I wasn't satisfied with my hair transplant I got 1 year ago, but now I got this scar to deal with. Could a plastic surgeon or tattoo expert help fade the scar? I tried makeup and it doesn't work!  :'(

Offline Glen

• Sly Jr.
  • Better a bald head than no head at all...
Re: Shaved head 1 year after transplant. How can I hide scar?
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2010, 08:59:10 PM »
I don't think that the scar looks bad at all, if I were you I wouldn't worry about it.

Offline lordmage

• Sly
  • Mac it's the Cheesiest
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2010, 09:47:21 PM »
coming from a BBC guy your scar does not stand out at all in fact had i not known to look for it and known what it was. i would has simple thought you had some stitching from a childhood issue like me. but mine is on my wrist.
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do." Samuel Langhorne Clemens
"Just Do it" Nike
"shave that darn head already" Lordmage :P

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2010, 06:29:33 AM »
Have to agree that it really isn't that pronounced and with some sun may even become less than it is now.  For your own peace of mind, speak to a doctor about what medical options exist.  I'm only sorry you didn't find SBG's sooner. 

marty22

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2010, 06:47:18 AM »
from what ive seen, not bad at all. Research some of the others, including my stories, on here.

Offline jgq85

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2010, 08:02:32 AM »
Thanks for the help. I guess it doesn't show that well in the pictures. But I'm stressed out about it.

Someone here PM'd me about a popular tattoo scar camouflage artist over in FL so I might try that, not sure how expensive something like that is. Whatever I do I'll try to report back with updated pics.

Offline Smooth_Operator

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2010, 01:17:47 PM »
Hi jgq85 - doesn't look bad at all.  Check out scar reducers like Mederma or similar before making another permanent decision.

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2010, 07:59:16 AM »
Nah, just roll with it. If someone with MPB asks, tell them your story and it may help deter them from making the same choice.
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline Noodles

• Proud Melon Member of The Sly Guy Club!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Fireman Dave
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2010, 10:37:44 AM »

I totally agree with these guys!! I don't think it looks bad at all!!

Shame you didn't find SBG sooner though, as Saintc pointed out. It could have saved you BOTH
              a lot of unecessary pain and a lot of $$$!!

But in general, we humans tend to be a tougher critic on ourselves, and see ourselves in a much different light than how others see us. Something like a scar, or a mole, etc, that seems "larger than life itself" to us, can go virtually unoticeed by others.

If it is something that you spend most of the day worrying about, and it's on your mind constantly where you find it hard to focus on any other aspect of either work or "play",  then, yeah, you may want to consult a doctor to see what his recommendation may be just to give yourself peace of mind.

But in my honest opinion, I really don't see your scar as being a great "disfigurment" by any means. If nothing else, I think it adds a bit of "character" to your shaved dome.

If your scar looked something like this...  

then it might be somewhat of a "priority issue", but, once again, from what I can see in the photos you posted, I woudn't let the fact of worrying about it get (ahem) under your skin!!

I commend you on your decision to NOT let something like this stop you from being a "SLY GUY".

- Cap'n Noodles -
« Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 11:03:34 AM by Noodles »

Offline matt79alpine

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2010, 01:55:24 PM »
Try Aloe vera,it might be of some help,it almost got rid of a scare on a friends leg,from a bad break. worth a try anyway,as it doesn't cost to much.By the way if you hadn't pointed it out i woundn't have noticed it,i really mean that!! try not to worry mate! O0