Author Topic: The sly lifestyle  (Read 4838 times)

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
The sly lifestyle
« on: April 07, 2007, 10:21:55 AM »
Apparently, even after 20 years of slyness, one may still have those "I want hair" moments:

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/opinion/columnists/seate/s_492894.html

Offline Kajun

• T-Sly Boudreaux
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: The sly lifestyle
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2007, 11:51:10 AM »
great article and echo's pretty much what we say here on a daily basis......i wont BS anyone... if i never loss my hair ....i'd never shave my head..its as simple as that for me....i know i look better with hair than without..most people do...but god has dealt me this hand and i must play it...atleast with shaving i have a full head of something even though its skin.....but i realize now that a full head of skin is much better than a 1/4 head of thinning hair  O0
VIVA LA SLY REVOLUCION!!!

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2007, 01:18:19 PM »
great article and echo's pretty much what we say here on a daily basis......i wont BS anyone... if i never loss my hair ....i'd never shave my head..its as simple as that for me....i know i look better with hair than without..most people do...but god has dealt me this hand and i must play it...atleast with shaving i have a full head of something even though its skin.....but i realize now that a full head of skin is much better than a 1/4 head of thinning hair  O0

DING DING DING. Agree 100%.
However, if it weren't for male pattern baldness, I would not have met some seriously great guys.

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2007, 01:35:28 PM »

DING DING DING. Agree 100%.
However, if it weren't for male pattern baldness, I would not have met some seriously great guys.

Amen!  For me, it also had some other benefits.  For way too long I didn't do much at all in the way of physical activity and was willing to live with being slightly overweight.  But once the hair seriously started to go, I realized that I didn't want to be fat AND bald, so I started working on getting in better shape.  I'm a lot happier and healthier now and really don't look at all like I used to.

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2007, 03:36:57 PM »
i agree schro. if not for shaving the gourd, i would never have met some of the coolest people around. i have actually been told "Dude, you are addicted to being bald." to witch i answered: " Yes, yes i am."

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

BALDANDRE

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2007, 08:05:41 AM »
great article and echo's pretty much what we say here on a daily basis......i wont BS anyone... if i never loss my hair ....i'd never shave my head..its as simple as that for me....i know i look better with hair than without..most people do...

See, I'm the total opposite on this one...have got a full head of hair and don't ever think I'll have a single hair on my head ever again...I dig the whole bald thing too much....always have....

and again opposite, I get a ton of compliments of how much better I look bald...hair is highly overrated in my book!

Guys, sly really is too cool my friends!

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2007, 08:12:06 AM »
great article and echo's pretty much what we say here on a daily basis......i wont BS anyone... if i never loss my hair ....i'd never shave my head..its as simple as that for me....i know i look better with hair than without..most people do...

See, I'm the total opposite on this one...have got a full head of hair and don't ever think I'll have a single hair on my head ever again...I dig the whole bald thing too much....always have....

and again opposite, I get a ton of compliments of how much better I look bald...hair is highly overrated in my book!

Guys, sly really is too cool my friends!

I'd like to think that I'd have given it a try if Mother Nature hadn't already started the process, but in all honesty, I'm not sure that I would have.  So I guess it's a good thing that she did get the ball rolling.  I do have occasional moments when I miss having hair, not as much now as I used to.  And if I'm perfectly honest, I didn't have the greatest hair to begin with.  I could never really get it cut and maintained the way I wanted it, and didn't like spending a lot of time fussing with it.  So it's probably for the best that it's gone for good now.  I really think that is the case with most guys.

Andre, how did you manage to be so shadow-free with all that dark hair?
From your photo, it is hard to imagine that there was ever hair on that head.

BALDANDRE

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2007, 08:29:46 AM »

[/quote]

Andre, how did you manage to be so shadow-free with all that dark hair?
From your photo, it is hard to imagine that there was ever hair on that head.
[/quote]

Depends on the photo...I've got about a medium level shadow...totally wish I didn't have one at all...kinda like Funnel Weaver (Cam)...would love to have the totally slick, sly bald look!

I do get about 50/50 no shadow look from a lot of photo's and about the same in everyday living situations...ie, lighting and all...

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2007, 08:34:46 AM »
Here's a group of people who've gone to the extreme of tweezing out all their hair to eliminate the shadow.  Sounds painful to me:

http://www.scalptweezing.com

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/permanentscalphairremoval/

BALDANDRE

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2007, 09:10:52 AM »
I've actually considered the whole scalptweezing thing....but I could only start on the fringe part (the strongest hairs)...I would hate to make the result that I'm not COMPLETELY permentally, just MPB permentally...

if I was by nature cool, just not by my own hand...I'm a wimp, so it probably will never happen, I'll just be a slave to the shave. 

Offline Cam

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • The honey tastes sweeter when you anger the bees.
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2007, 01:50:42 PM »

Depends on the photo...I've got about a medium level shadow...totally wish I didn't have one at all...kinda like Funnel Weaver (Cam)...would love to have the totally slick, sly bald look!

I do get about 50/50 no shadow look from a lot of photo's and about the same in everyday living situations...ie, lighting and all...

Fortunately for me, I have blond hair. I can still see a little bit of a shadow and every once in a while if the light hits right in a picture it's easy to see. That doesn't happen very often, though. I used to hate having blond hair, but now that I'm sly (for life) I'm glad!

Offline Sgt. Pate

• Sly Bureau
  • ~ Semper Fi ~ Sly Till I Die! ~
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2007, 02:37:59 PM »
I'm definitely BBC!  It feels so good to be sly and free!   O:O

"Never pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." - Clint Smith

Offline Beer Barron

• Super Sly
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2007, 05:17:57 PM »
i agree schro. if not for shaving the gourd, i would never have met some of the coolest people around. i have actually been told "Dude, you are addicted to being bald." to witch i answered: " Yes, yes i am."

I think I'm addicted as well.  Especially since joining this forum.  I'm almost obsessed with my head now.  When I did have hair, I hated my head and almost always wore a hat.  I have/had blonde hair, but would always hide it under a hat because I wasn't happy with it.   Sly is the way for me and losing my hair only helped me arrive to that realization quicker! 

Offline Razorhead

• Super Sly
  • Shave off that mess!
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2007, 09:32:11 PM »
I dig the whole bald thing too. I'm bald by choice for almost a year now, and I don't see myself growing my hair back anytime soon. 

I'm addicted to shaving my bean and look forward to shaving it every morning. I don't know what it is and it's not just the clean smooth feel. It's the sense of being in control, the confidence it builds, wanting to be different and liberated. And hey...feeling a bit like a bad ass.

People tell me I have nice shaped head and I look better without hair anyway. So why not celebrate it. It's better than the sh*t grey hair I had  :*))