Poll

Do you spend more on supplies to keep your Slyness then you spent on haircuts and Hair care products?

It cost me More to be Sly
15 (31.9%)
It cost me Less to be Sly
32 (68.1%)

Total Members Voted: 43

Author Topic: Cost of being Sly and maintaining Slyness VS Not being Sly.  (Read 9646 times)

Offline Craig Reed

• Sly Jr.
    • A Lit Journey: Motivation From Within
Re: Cost of being Sly and maintaining Slyness VS Not being Sly.
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2010, 10:36:14 PM »
Bar far cheaper to be sly! I use cheap Barbosol head shaving cream (works the best for me over 6 years of shaving!) only $1/bottle! I always have Headslick on hand though if I decide to "go crazy".

I have a few different Headblades and am a daily shaver! There really isn't much more I need to get except for the costly razors - but check out the Custom 3 trick for the Headblade. Saves you tons of $$$
Check out my blog on balding and weight loss
www.alitjourney.wordpress.com
www.coachcraigreed.com

Offline Arnie

• 2011 Sly Bald Guys Fantasy Football Champion
  • Sly Bureau
  • Surrender to your cause, never your circumstances.
    • http://www.frankboucherchevrolet.com
« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2010, 04:16:33 PM »
I'm lucky with my thin hair, easy to scrape and easy on the wear/tear on the blades...going SLY has been far cheaper for me... O0

Offline HeadbladerBob

• Sly
« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2010, 09:16:10 AM »
sir

i am presently a US Servicemember and I had to get a haircut which runs around 9 bucks ,not including tips, now every 2 weeks so the cost saving is less being SLY.  The time spent shaving though has increased as I have to shave my face and dome but it is time well worth it.  I can never go back to hair: no way as I tried and in 3 days to grow hair back but I couldn't stand it so I am SLY for life
God created only so many beautiful heads, the rest are covered by hair

Offline Noodles

• Proud Melon Member of The Sly Guy Club!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Fireman Dave
« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2010, 08:39:23 PM »
Cost me more $$$ being SLY in the beginning of my "Slydom" - mainly due to the fact of experimenting with the different products (razors, gels, creams, lotions, scrubs, etc) to see which ones were a "perfect fit".

Now that the right combination of products/brands have been found, the cost to maintain isn't so bad!! (But I still love to experiment with a "new toy" that comes on the market every now and then...)

Once you go SLY, it can get to be soooooooooooo addictive!! (But that's a GOOD thing)...  :D

If, for some reason, I cannot get to "scrape the grape" at least once a day (I usually hit it twice - both am and pm), I get real antsy!!!...  :Xo!

- Cap'n Noodles -

Offline Kojak

• Ich bin ein Berliner
  • Sly
  • Hang out with Stevie Ray in my Nations Capital
    • I make pinup art
« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2010, 01:34:22 AM »

If, for some reason, I cannot get to "scrape the grape" at least once a day (I usually hit it twice - both am and pm), I get real antsy!!!...  :Xo!

- Cap'n Noodles -

Now that is what I call dedication! I may have to try that sometime.
"Who loves ya, baby?"~Kojak~

Offline reb123161

• Sly
  • I like my women a little on the trashy side!
« Reply #35 on: August 17, 2010, 04:19:35 PM »
I have found twice a day is AWESOME!!!  We might need a support site for those shaving wwwaaaayyyy  too much....I have found, if I have the time and reason--"looking for reasons"--I will shave AM and PM...What a great feeling--and CLEAN!  Man, I really have gone over the "edge"!

Offline Dome of Steele

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2010, 05:52:04 PM »
Way less to go sly.  I soak my blades in olive oil and change them less than once a month.  I use a three dollar bottle of shaving gel in maybe a month. 
I no longer buy shampoo/conditioner, no question about it; sly is cheaper for me. 
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-img1.imagechef.com/w/090813/sampff0212de70bbab6a.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline Kojak

• Ich bin ein Berliner
  • Sly
  • Hang out with Stevie Ray in my Nations Capital
    • I make pinup art
« Reply #37 on: August 18, 2010, 08:53:58 AM »
Way less to go sly.  I soak my blades in olive oil and change them less than once a month.  I use a three dollar bottle of shaving gel in maybe a month. 
I no longer buy shampoo/conditioner, no question about it; sly is cheaper for me. 

Nice, plus you now have Amazon Women rubbing all over and kissing your Sly head!  O0
"Who loves ya, baby?"~Kojak~