Author Topic: Neil Strauss  (Read 9589 times)

Offline blondeguy

• Super Sly
Neil Strauss
« on: April 06, 2007, 10:10:03 AM »
Saw this on a hair loss forum and thought you guys would appreciate the transformation:

It's the same guy--Neil Strauss, famed pickup artist.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: Neil Strauss
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2007, 10:26:00 AM »
Wow, that guys looks a ton better with a shaved head!
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

BALDANDRE

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2007, 10:33:16 AM »
Just goes to show...a beautiful bald head is terrible thing to waste....

yet another reason to show the world how sly a person you really are...we ALL owe it to the world!

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2007, 10:44:59 AM »
HUGE difference, awesome transformation as well.
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2007, 12:49:46 PM »
Awesome Blondguy, that really shows why sly is the way.
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline blondeguy

• Super Sly
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2007, 01:54:33 PM »
So you all know, he's a writer for Rolling Stone and NYT and wrote an autobiographical book called The Game about his experiences as a pickup artist in the seduction community.  A movie based on the book is coming out this year.  Definitely sly. :)
« Last Edit: April 06, 2007, 02:00:40 PM by blondeguy »

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2007, 02:12:27 PM »
I remember stumbling across that site a long time ago; I'd forgotten about it.  It is an amazing transformation, isn't it?  Even if he weren't already balding, he's better off sly because he really didn't have very good hair to begin with.  This is one gu who definitely should never have hair on his head again.  He really looks awesome completely bald.

It's a perfect example of how not everybody has great hair and some people really do look better without it.  Our society just seems to have the attitude that hair, even when its not good hair, is preferable to bald.  I think that attitude is changing slowly, but we have a way to go yet.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2007, 07:48:12 AM »
Not that I'd ever want to look like this guy's before pic, but it does sort of make you wish that every "should I shave my head" situation were as much of a no-brainer as this.  It would make it a hell of a lot easier for most guys to take the plunge. 

Offline blondeguy

• Super Sly
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2007, 01:29:11 PM »
No kidding.  Also notice his beard in the before pic.  Some balding guys overcompensate by letting their facial hair grow down their neck, but that doesn't look too good.  Grooming is important.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2007, 03:52:32 PM »
Here's an interview of Neil on the View

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/M0omMTu9Ax8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/M0omMTu9Ax8</a>
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2007, 04:04:02 PM »
I'm guessing he didn't become a pickup artist until after he ditched the hair.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2007, 04:12:05 PM »

Actually, it was in his training that his mentor told him to ditch the hair.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2007, 04:13:14 PM »

Actually, it was in his training that his mentor told him to ditch the hair.

It was funny, because one of his comments after ditching the hair was "why did I wait this long?"  If I had a dollar for everytime that question was asked...

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2007, 04:27:42 PM »
Ditching the hair was absolutely a no-brainer in his case. If it were as cut-and-dry for the rest of us, it would make the decision a hell of a lot easier. Or maybe it is that cut-and-dry, and you just don't recognize it when you're talking about yourself?  I don't know.   I mean, this guy was freaking mess before.  Most of us aren't that bad to start (don't think I was but maybe I was and didn't know it??)  I don't think he had to ask himself if the change was an improvement or not, the way some of us do.

Offline blondeguy

• Super Sly
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2007, 07:07:57 PM »
Yeah, he had pretty well let himself go.  He's also a rock journalist and got to party with Motley Crue to write their biography, and when you have no luck with the ladies even then, you're got problems.