Author Topic: What qualities does the Public Relations Officer should have to be successful?  (Read 8383 times)

Offline Maurice

• Learning the way of Sly
i am a public relations officer in an educational institute(engineering institute).how can i make my management,officers,my colleagues and juniors respect me and find me indispensable..

Offline lordmage

• Sly
  • Mac it's the Cheesiest
strive to hold the core values of your institution to be a part of who you are. second tell no lies. third do not accept lies to be told to you. lead and follow by example. be your self and rest will follow. 
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do." Samuel Langhorne Clemens
"Just Do it" Nike
"shave that darn head already" Lordmage :P

Offline reb123161

• Sly
  • I like my women a little on the trashy side!
Master your job, be explicit regarding your answers, do NOT ever "piss and moan", and ...a biggie...work your ass off.   A little understanding never hurt, either!

Offline The Scottish Ambassador

• Scottish Ambassador to SBG!
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
In the UK, I would say the most important quality for anyone in PR is the ability to waffle to degree standard.

No offense buddy.
If you always do what you've always done, then you'll always get what you've always got!

Offline Sgt. Pate

• Sly Bureau
  • ~ Semper Fi ~ Sly Till I Die! ~
Have impeccable integrity.  Know what you're talking about, say what you mean and do what you say.  Never talk about anyone behind their back!  O0

"Never pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." - Clint Smith

Offline thebbqguy

• Sly
    • Get Your Prep On
A few years ago my mentor, who is now a very high ranking executive with my company, told me a bit of advice that has not let me down yet. It's very simple, but effective.

"Your job is to make your bosses job easier. Period."
TheBBQGuy

Enter your email address: