Author Topic: Going sly = rebooting your mind  (Read 1539 times)

Offline The Noggin

• Pedestrian & Cyclist
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
Going sly = rebooting your mind
« on: September 04, 2010, 02:46:35 AM »
When you are agonizing over MPB because you can't bring together your inner image of how you should look like with your actual physical appearance, going sly might be working like when you're rebooting your computer when it is stuck in some kind of loop, not working productively anymore. Or when you're suffering from ventricular fibrillation, using a defibrillator practically restarts your heart so it works properly again.

The initial shock of your first head shave might be such a needed reboot to your mind, giving you the chance to reconcile your inner and your outer image again.

Ach du meine Nase!

Offline lordmage

• Sly
  • Mac it's the Cheesiest
Re: Going sly = rebooting your mind
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2010, 04:57:28 AM »
well said but has i understand it a "defibrillator " will over shock your heart and possibly allow a normal rhythm or make matters worse. i agree with you none the less  :*))

more technical info copied from wiki  This depolarizes a critical mass of the heart muscle, terminates the arrhythmia, and allows normal sinus rhythm to be reestablished by the body's natural pacemaker
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do." Samuel Langhorne Clemens
"Just Do it" Nike
"shave that darn head already" Lordmage :P

Offline reb123161

• Sly
  • I like my women a little on the trashy side!
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2010, 07:04:34 AM »
Good post, Noggin....A nice way to put things! O0

Offline timetobeme

• Sly
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2010, 08:19:22 AM »
Well said

Offline kenny57028

• Super Sly
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2010, 10:00:14 AM »
Definitely and it gets better and better as the days go on. I used to feel like a sore thumb being the bald one. Now Im getting lots of comments of how good it looks. I'm 18 and one of the only bald-ies out there. I used to think as another poster said that itd be a hinderence, but its done the exact opposite its set me apart from the pack and allows me to shine.
The reason people find it so hard to be happy is that they always see the Past better than it was,
the Present worse than it is & the future less resolved than it will be.