Author Topic: The greatest head shaving products ever!  (Read 6852 times)

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
The greatest head shaving products ever!
« on: April 06, 2007, 01:15:46 AM »
This isn't a list of current products that are out there.  Rather, I'm interested in knowing what your ideal head shaving products would be.  Since most of the manufacturers of head shaving products read this site now, let them know what you think so we can make head shaving even better.

How would you improve the razor, shaving creams/oils/gels, and lotions?  What products are missing?

People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline blondeguy

• Super Sly
Re: The greatest head shaving products ever!
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2007, 01:46:25 PM »
I'm trying to think of some way the HeadBlade could be feasibly improved, and I'm coming up blank.  As for creams, one thing I use on my scalp and face is a combination moisturizer/sunless tanner/SPF15 lotion, and I'd like it if HeadBlade had a similar cream that consolidated its HeadLube and HeadShade products into a sunless tanner.  Nothing dark, just enough to give a light glow to guys like me who can't tan without burning.  Call it HeadBronze or something in keeping with the naming scheme. :)

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2007, 02:20:58 PM »
Hey Tyler, great to be asked for imput on commercial products.  Maybe the manufacturers would like to use SBG's as a test panel on new products and give the site the credit.  As has been said in many threads, it would be cool if HeadBlade had more adapters or models to utilize a wider range of blades.  Blondeguy has it with the sunless tanner, something marketed specifically for the sly guy who had newly shaved the dome.  Being really pleaed with the HeadBlade products, I would like to see a lotion or wipe for those of us with oily skin.
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2007, 04:20:44 PM »
I didn't have an answer to this question either, but I thought there might be some creative domes out there that would.

I like the idea of a moisturizure with spf and tanning.  There are two products that have been reviewed here that have a moisturizure and spf.  They are Matte for Men and Tolsom.  Matte for men has an SPF of 25 and gives a matte finish.  Tolsom has an SPF of 15 and gives a glossy finish.  I wish they would create moisturizures with varying levels of SPF.  Say, from 15 to 45 depending on the level of sun that a person will be enjoying that day.  It would also be good to have an option of glossy or matte depending on how you like to roll.  I personally like the matte finish if I'm going to be sweating that day as it will eliminate some of the shine.

In regards to the HeadBlade, I don't think someone can top the design anytime soon, but it would be nice for more adaptors.

I'd also like to see a head scrub similar to HeadShed but that had cleansing aspects to it as well.  Similar to St. Ives Apricot scrub, but without the strong apricot scent.  Maybe just a light citrus scent.  Actually, it looks like Bold For Men is coming out with something like this soon.

Paul, you should try the Bald Guyz Wipes.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline SlickCountry

• Sly
    • FirehouseChaplain.org
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2007, 08:01:05 PM »
I'd like to see a moisturizer wipe, or smaller bottle for travel.  I'm outside all day and on the very cold days when I wear a bandana or watch cap I develop a dry, flakey scalp.

BaldRob

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2007, 11:57:39 AM »
I'd like to see a moisturizer wipe, or smaller bottle for travel.  I'm outside all day and on the very cold days when I wear a bandana or watch cap I develop a dry, flakey scalp.

Actually, most headblade products now come in convenient 2 oz bottles!!  O0

Offline Vash

• Be Kind For Everyone You Meet Is Fighting A Hard Battle
  • Super Sly
  • Bald, Bearded, Tattooed, Awesome!
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2007, 02:11:27 PM »

Actually, most headblade products now come in convenient 2 oz bottles!!  O0

Including the new 2.oz Travel Kit

It comes complete with 2 oz. bottles of HeadSlick, HeadLube Glossy, HeadLube Matte, and HeadShed. If you take out one of the Lubes there is enough space to store your HeadBlade and a couple of replacement blades.
~Vash

FB: Vashon Bench
Twitter: @gingerbeardpdx
Instagram: @gingerbeardpdx

Offline SlickCountry

• Sly
    • FirehouseChaplain.org
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2007, 02:35:27 PM »
I'll have to check that out.  Thanks.

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2007, 03:09:08 PM »
I would agree with blondeguy's suggestion to HeadBlade to combine SPF with their HeadLube. I love the HeadBlade line, but use L'Oreal's Comfort Max After Shave Balm w/SPF15 if I'm going to be out in the sun and want the dome to get some air time. The L'Oreal Balm ROCKS by the way, I did a review on it.

Also, I would love to see HeadBlade create some kind of "frequent buyers program" to promote brand loyalty. Ya know, like a punch card for a pizza parlor.

That's my two cents.
Schro

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline Sgt. Pate

• Sly Bureau
  • ~ Semper Fi ~ Sly Till I Die! ~
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2007, 05:18:42 PM »
+1 blondeguy & schro!

I agree too with some kind of HeadBlade Wipes for either moisturizing, general quick cleaning or medicated wipes.

~Sarge~

"Never pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." - Clint Smith

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2007, 05:20:54 PM »

...some kind of "frequent buyers program" to promote brand loyalty. Ya know, like a punch card for a pizza parlor.

I'd like to see that for FUSION blades

Offline Cam

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • The honey tastes sweeter when you anger the bees.
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2007, 10:16:42 PM »
I would agree with blondeguy's suggestion to HeadBlade to combine SPF with their HeadLube.

Yeah, that would be WONDERFUL. I would love to try the L'Oreal stuff, but since they conduct animal testing, that's a definite no for me.

Offline Cam

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • The honey tastes sweeter when you anger the bees.
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2007, 10:17:39 PM »
I would like a product that kept my head smooth longer. For at least 12 hours. I can stay smooth for about 7 hours right now before I start to feel a little stubble in random spots on top of my head, and I hate that!

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2007, 07:57:14 AM »
I would agree with blondeguy's suggestion to HeadBlade to combine SPF with their HeadLube.

Yeah, that would be WONDERFUL. I would love to try the L'Oreal stuff, but since they conduct animal testing, that's a definite no for me.

Which is entirely your choice, as it is my choice to use it.

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline 1voice

• Onevoice
  • Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2007, 06:19:37 PM »
As a matter of fact I just got through sending a message to Matte For Men asking if they were going to expand their products to include soap and or a skin exfoliator.  I have not been in this for long but it appears one key to keeping the bumps down is to keep the pores clear.  I have always had a real problem with ingrown hairs and as you guys know the bumpier the glide the more friction occurs.
Mark 1:3

Enter your email address: