Author Topic: Beard Hair  (Read 4071 times)

Offline kenny57028

• Super Sly
Beard Hair
« on: August 24, 2010, 04:27:59 PM »
Hey my beard hair grows thicker on my right side, which kind of annoys me a little bit even if its not totally noticeble to some people. A few years ago I had a little bit of hair and some yanked some out on my left side  :/O ... So I hope this isn't the cause of why its less dense on my left side. I'm gonna be 19 soon so I don't know if this is all the thicker my facial hair will be. So being 18 do you think my facial hair will continue to get thicker and also is there anything you can do to make it seem more even?

The reason people find it so hard to be happy is that they always see the Past better than it was,
the Present worse than it is & the future less resolved than it will be.

Offline New_Shine

• Sly Jr.
Re: Beard Hair
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2010, 04:40:31 PM »
you're not alone bro, im 27 and right where my dimples would be will not grow facial hair for some reason.. its like i have a circular patch on both sides of my face
Watch as it glistens

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2010, 07:09:56 PM »
So being 18 do you think my facial hair will continue to get thicker and also is there anything you can do to make it seem more even?

Yes, it will probably continue to get thicker.  Some guys don't get really dense beard growth until they are in their 30s.  You can't do anything to make it thicker except wait.  Most people have uneven growth to one extent or another; you just have to wait for the problem areas to catch up with the rest.

Offline The Noggin

• Pedestrian & Cyclist
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2010, 11:14:12 PM »
Like Razor X said, you have to be patient.

Yanked out? What kind of game was this? ???
Ach du meine Nase!

Offline rcg5227

• Sly
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2010, 11:14:03 PM »
My beard started coming in around 15 years of age, but I couldn't grow a moustache until I was like 18-19 years old. I could grow a beard at 15-16, but there were a few small gaps in it, At the same time, around 15 or 16, my moustache wouldn't grow that well. By my early 20's I could grow a beard with very very small gaps and my moustache grew in. Once my moustache came in, it grew quite well. I do still have a very small gap where my moustache and goatee connect, but I can conceal that just by letting my moustache grow over it. My goatee grows faster on my right side than my left, and eventually clipping makes it more uneven with time. This is my solution. I let it grow out for 2-3 weeks before my wife's hair appointment, then I just have her beautician trim it for me. She always does an excellent job and it's always even when she does it. I have no hair to cut, so I have to keep her in business somehow.  ;D
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 11:23:54 PM by rcg5227 »
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-img1.imagechef.com/w/100913/samp9b3884feb623b6eb.jpg[/img] [/url]

---"The greatest action is not conforming to the world's ways."---

Offline The Scottish Ambassador

• Scottish Ambassador to SBG!
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2010, 01:48:24 AM »
Oh yes! Thicker and coarser till it feels as if you are shaving wire if you let it grow for too long  :Xo!

Then you will wish you had the light growth again
If you always do what you've always done, then you'll always get what you've always got!

Offline Morthen

• Super Sly
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2010, 07:30:03 AM »
I'm in the same boat as you, its thicker on the left for me and doesn't grow at all down the middle of my chin. People keep telling me that its possible it could continue to fill in though.
Bryce
Sly since May 16th, 2010

http://l33t.razerzone.com/index.php?user_dtl=a93edc2f9430bed4c6b2382425c327c0

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2010, 08:38:14 AM »
Not only your age, but how "mature" the particular beard has gotten.  Because over and above genetic density the beard hairs have a dormant a growth and a terminal length stage in the cycle of growth, it will take 3-6 months for a beard to achieve anything like it's full capacity for density whatever genetics has provided to you, it can't be rushed, it takes patience.