Author Topic: Get a good hat and sun screen!!!  (Read 6490 times)

Offline reb123161

• Sly
  • I like my women a little on the trashy side!
Re: Get a good hat and sun screen!!!
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2010, 08:12:09 PM »
HA!!!   Caught about 30 white trout, a few specks,  hard heads---as always, and something we could not even get to the top with 50 pound test!!!  Broke the line but wish we could have seen it.  A great day---til the boat died and we drifted...and drifted...and drifted...and ran out of beer!!  A real nice day, though!! O0

Offline reb123161

• Sly
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2010, 12:15:53 PM »
Hey Guys.....Got the squamous cell cancer cut out today----forehead, left...above left eye.  Not a big procedure, but having a chunk of skin, cut down deep, removed from ones' forehead doesn't feel very great!!  Pathologist read the chunk as "all is gotten", which is nice to hear.  Meds the next few days, also.  Some nice sun screen really beats the crap out of this!!!!   Invest in a nice hat...LOL. 

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2010, 12:18:56 PM »
Hey Guys.....Got the squamous cell cancer cut out today----forehead, left...above left eye.  Not a big procedure, but having a chunk of skin, cut down deep, removed from ones' forehead doesn't feel very great!!  Pathologist read the chunk as "all is gotten", which is nice to hear.  Meds the next few days, also.  Some nice sun screen really beats the crap out of this!!!!   Invest in a nice hat...LOL. 
Nice, glad it went ok. 

Offline reb123161

• Sly
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2010, 12:23:59 PM »
Thanks, saintc.....Another nice scar to "give me character" LOL.  Thanks for your input, also!! O0

Offline BaldWriterBob

• Super Sly
  • Pastor, Author, Musician
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2010, 03:42:27 AM »
Good to hear all went well.

Offline The Scottish Ambassador

• Scottish Ambassador to SBG!
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2010, 03:44:40 AM »
 O0
If you always do what you've always done, then you'll always get what you've always got!

Offline Bald Kahuna

• Team Sly
  • Sly
  • Paddling outrigger w/Princess Kahuna-Maui coast
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2010, 11:15:03 AM »
Aloha Reb,

So glad to hear the results were in your favor...and great, detailed info from you and Saintc. From now on, no more sunburn for this dome- why do I continue to do it after reading so many posts here for 2 1/2 yrs? Vainity sucks!
Bald Kahuna

Offline RayzorBlade

• Sly Jr.
  • Shave Your Dome
    • Rayzor Blade
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2010, 08:50:22 AM »
Check out www.rayzorblade.com for a good visor that protects your dome.

Offline Nonick

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2010, 01:39:31 PM »
Hmmm...fascinating; but I don't want to give my wife any ideas.  Next she'd want me to get a rug!  :*)) :*)) and we know that ain't happening!  8)
But for most everyone else, I think it might be interesting... :o

Oh, and don't forget to put the sunscreen on your ears!  O0  I have a co-worker who had a small chunk removed from the edge of his ear.  He wore hats and never thought about his ears!  Yeow! 
« Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 01:42:19 PM by Nonick »

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2010, 02:07:53 PM »
Frankly, that's kind of weird :o--why :/O?  It looks like it would be hot, and generally speaking most hat time is summer time--and it's too much of a costume, so it's for Halloween & Mardi Gras maybe.  Not for me.  Good sunscreen and a light weight hat summer time, sunscreen and a beanie for winter sun.  Otherwise, show the dome O0.

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2010, 02:19:15 PM »
Hmmm...fascinating; but I don't want to give my wife any ideas.  Next she'd want me to get a rug!  :*)) :*)) and we know that ain't happening!  8)
But for most everyone else, I think it might be interesting... :o

Oh, and don't forget to put the sunscreen on your ears!  O0  I have a co-worker who had a small chunk removed from the edge of his ear.  He wore hats and never thought about his ears!  Yeow! 

True about the ears, I had surgery and now use A wide brim hat in summer.
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline RayzorBlade

• Sly Jr.
  • Shave Your Dome
    • Rayzor Blade
« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2010, 04:30:19 PM »
Saintc, it actually isn't that hot, I wear it in Florida during the summer and it has better air circulation than normal hats. The hat is definitely more for laughs than a serious option. Totally agree to show your dome and yes sunscreen.

Offline Nonick

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2010, 09:53:54 PM »
I DO think it is a HOOT!!!  In the right environment (bar, at work, etc.) it would be fun!  O0