Author Topic: Possible first timer  (Read 11565 times)

Offline Scott

• Sly Bureau
  • Celebrating 5+ Years of SLYNESS!
Re: Possible first timer
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2010, 12:36:35 AM »
Hey Bill, like jsowens, I got mine done at a 10g to start also.  I'm at a 0g with plans to possibly go up to 00g.  Even if you started at a 10g and stretched bigger as long as you take good care of your ears during the stretching process your ears would likely shrink back down to a barely noticeable hole.  I agree with you about starting at a size 10 vs a size 18/16 - the options you have for jewerly are kinda girly.  If it's something you wanna try, go for it - the best thing about piercings are that even if you decide it's not for you, at least it's not there forever - unlike a tattoo.  Also, if you decide to go for it, I would get both ears done as that's more common than just one.  Good luck!

Offline BillOnBass

• Super Sly
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2010, 05:25:29 PM »
Well I took the 10g steel plug I ordered online and took it to a local tattoo/piercing shop to get 'claved today!  

I've got my antibac soap ready in the shower, non-iodized sea salt for routine soakings, and some jojoba oil for some TLC/healing aid.  Tomorrow I'll go get my first piercing!  Pretty excited.

I'll have a new pic up within a day or two.
"There he goes.  One of God's own prototypes.  A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production.  Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Offline BillOnBass

• Super Sly
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2010, 12:34:28 PM »
Here it is!  The whole piercing process was virtually pain-free.  The clamps were more irritating than the needle itself.  My lobe is still slightly red in the pic.  I'm very satisfied with my decision!

(Excuse the stubble, haven't shaved in about 4 days, haha)

"There he goes.  One of God's own prototypes.  A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production.  Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Offline Noodles

• Proud Melon Member of The Sly Guy Club!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Fireman Dave
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2010, 01:05:56 PM »
As Rob-Raz pointed out, tats can get to be an addiction. I would imagine it could get to a point where you didn't know if you were coming or going!!  :D

Personally, I don't have any, but I guess the addiction can sneak up on you before you know it.

- Cap'n Noodles -

But I do think that some people do go to the extreme with facial and/or body piercings....but then again...they say behind every tattoo/body piercing lies a great story waiting to be told!

« Last Edit: October 06, 2010, 05:46:11 AM by Noodles »

Offline Scott

• Sly Bureau
  • Celebrating 5+ Years of SLYNESS!
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2010, 07:16:32 PM »
Congrats bro!  Glad you enjoyed the process but yeah the clamps can be a real pain.

BaldBradley

« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2010, 02:27:30 AM »
To get up to a 6g will take atleast 5 months. A standard ear piercing is with a 20g, and it takes anywhere from 2-4 weeks for the ear to heal enough for the next size. The faster you start gauging up the more scar tissue you will have. I was thinking about guaging up my ears up to s 4, but so really don't want to be 65 with giant holes in my ears.

With tattoos or piercing, give yourself at least a month to think about iymt and do research about the risks and stuff. I've heard of peoples ear lobes being torn... just think about how much that would hurt/suck.

If you do decide to gauge union your ears, search online for a gauging kit. I saw one that starts out at a 14 and goes to a 0 for only like $20. The thing that sucks about that though is that you'll have to go from a 20 to a 16 on your own and individual pairs can be pricy.

[EDIT:] Oh Dang you took a shortcut lol Are you going to go any bigger?

« Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 02:39:11 AM by BaldBradley »

Offline BillOnBass

• Super Sly
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2010, 01:47:41 PM »
Hey Brad,

Yeah, I went ahead and got the 10g piercing.  I've had it nearly 2 months now and still like it a lot, but I've given some more consideration to the entire process and potential aftermath of stretching any further.  I still have a few months for my ear to be ready for any type of stretching and I don't think I'll go any bigger than 8g, if any bigger at all.

Offline BillOnBass

• Super Sly
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2011, 02:59:35 PM »
Well, after some more consideration I've decided to go ahead and get my right lobe pierced, too!  8)

Will be going back to the same parlor in the next couple days to get it done, and I've decided to stretch them up to an 8g around May or June.  I'm giving myself an ample amount of time so as not to experience any unnecessary pain or scar tissue.  Pretty psyched!  Will have pics up by next week.

Offline daviekumd

• Sly Jr.
    • facebook
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2011, 10:25:01 PM »
awesome! i just went up to 0g in both my ears.  i keep telling myself this is as far as i go, but, i'm gonna keep going, who am i kidding.

as for tattoos, they're awesome, i'm in love with mine, but you WILL get addicted.  promise you that.

Offline zed

• Sly Guy in Training
  • run with the hunted
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2011, 07:58:55 PM »
Hi, I've been bitten by the tattooing bug many times. Everything I have got has been meaningful to me and I would agree with advice on finding a good artist and tipping. What I have done.in past.is put image I want to get on my.fridge or as my screensaver and looked at it for three months to make sure I am happy with it and don't want to change it any. Hopefully you will have a long life and this exercise is useful. Ultimately I would say follow your heart, just make sure its your heart and not your ego you are listening to. What are you thinking of getting? The act of being tattooed is quite easy, the hard work comes after making sure you look after it, moisturise, protect from sun etc. Shoulder is a good place to start. I am quite heavily tattooed and despite a surge in popularity, once you are a marked man people will judge you at times. If you can live with that cool but be sure! I love my ink and can deal with the odd stare or bad attitude but you must do what you can live with and be comfortable with. Hope this helps sorry for rambling on!
"The higher we soar, the smaller we look to those who cannot fly.' Nietzche

Offline BillOnBass

• Super Sly
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2011, 01:31:08 PM »
Just an update:  Stretched both lobes up to 8g last week, though there didn't seem to be any "stretching" involved.  I oiled up the taper and slid it all the way through my left lobe, which was pierced in October.  It just went straight through, so I just put the 8g plug in. 

I figured I should wait a couple more months to try my right lobe since it was only pierced in January, but I put the taper in just to see how far it would go, and it was the same deal as the left lobe!  No pain at all, in fact, no sensation of any kind.  I guess I just have stretchy earlobes...

Offline BillOnBass

• Super Sly
« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2011, 05:52:08 PM »
Dead stretched up to 6g with some black colorfront Pyrex plugs a few days ago.  Again, no pain or any sensation!  O0

Very happy with this size.  Most likely going to keep them at 6g... but who knows?!  :D

Offline BillOnBass

• Super Sly
« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2012, 10:50:41 AM »
Well guys, my ear stretching journey is over for now!  I got up to 4g in both ears and stayed there for (I don't remember how long) probably close to a year.  It's been fun and I still like the look, but I took them out two weeks ago and they're almost completely closed up.  I just decided on a whim to take them out and will keep them out indefinitely.  I still have all my old tapers and jewelry so I may get re-pierced in the future and stretch back to a 4g, but for now I'm happy with being free of ear maintenance!

I am, however, getting the tattoo itch again...  Thinking the left side ribcage will be my next body art project...

Enter your email address: