Author Topic: Friend's Daughter  (Read 2070 times)

Offline Maltz

• Sly Guy in Training
Friend's Daughter
« on: August 09, 2010, 09:36:03 PM »
Ok, I haven't posted in ages, but I still lurk from time to time.  The other day I my friend told me a story I had to share with you all...

One of my best friends and I have known each other since we were 10.  I was in his wedding at 19, back when I had a full, fluffy head of hair.  That was 18 years ago, and we still hang out a lot.  His kids know me well, but as long as they've known me, I've been buzzed or sly.

A few weeks ago, his 10 year old daughter was looking through some of those old wedding photos.  My friend points me out in one picture and asks if she knows who it is.  She thinks about it and says no.  Then he covers up my hair with his thumb, and she immediately cries out "Oh!  It's Mr Doug!"     ;D

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: Friend's Daughter
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2010, 03:57:33 PM »
Too funny!!!  Thanks for posting!
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2010, 08:50:47 PM »
That shows why shaving your head for the first time is such a shock for family and friends.Sure do change our appearance ........of course in a better way. 8)
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline The Noggin

• Pedestrian & Cyclist
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2010, 03:03:06 PM »
 :*)) Great story!
Ach du meine Nase!

Offline kenny57028

• Super Sly
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2010, 03:49:08 PM »
Ha, thats cute.
The reason people find it so hard to be happy is that they always see the Past better than it was,
the Present worse than it is & the future less resolved than it will be.

Enter your email address: