Author Topic: We have a bleeder!  (Read 7698 times)

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
We have a bleeder!
« on: April 03, 2007, 06:24:58 PM »
I forgot to tell you guys about my hack job the other day. 

I was shaving with my HeadBlade and I was almost done.  I just needed to get around the back of my ears.  My usual routine is to bend my ear forward with the hand from the opposite side and then shave with the hand on that side.  I usually bend my ear forward and THEN bring the razor up to shave.

Well, on this particular morning, I decided to put the razor to my scalp and THEN bend my ear forward.  This didn't work so well.  I ended up cutting the heck out of my head because I moved the razor parallel with the blades so it put two huge gashes in my head.  Darn thing bled for 15 minutes before I could get it to stop.

Lesson learned from this little mishap.  Don't put the razor to your head and then try to adjust your ears.   :/O

People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Beer Barron

• Super Sly
Re: We have a bleeder!
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2007, 06:30:22 PM »
Funny you should mention bleeding Tyler.  I had my first mishap in almost 2 years this past Saturday.  I had an ingrown hair just beyond the crown of my head out of sight that I was unaware of.  When I made my pass with the Headblade, she took the top right off of that bugger and I was bleeding like Evander Holyfield when Tyson bit his ear off.  It bled for a while too before it stopped.  I slapped some Neosporin on it and I was good to go.  Being Sly can be dangerous sometimes!   :x!

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2007, 06:46:57 PM »
This must be the timefor nicks and cuts.   Last week, I was out of Mach III blades and there were none to be found in the store, so I dipped into my emergency stash of Schick Xtreme 3 disposables.    Still not sure how I did it, but I nicked myself on the left side of my head.  Not a huge nick, but I've never had anything bleed so uncontrollably before.  It formed a nasty looking scab.  I didn't shave the next day, and for the next few days after that, I shaved around it and went over the injured area with my electric razor.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2007, 08:32:37 PM »
Being Sly can be dangerous sometimes!   :x!

Yes it can.  Builds character...or so I'll believe it does. 8)
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Medic aka Rocko

• Super Sly
  • Yikes
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2007, 08:41:28 PM »
I think the recent full moon has something to do with this.  Seriously, I've had a couple nicks the past few days also, always seems to happen when there is a full moon. :/O

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2007, 08:45:59 PM »
I think the recent full moon has something to do with this.  Seriously, I've had a couple nicks the past few days also, always seems to happen when there is a full moon. :/O

You might be onto something Medic.

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2007, 09:19:33 PM »
Joke about it but ... a friend who is a deputy says that crime always goes up during a full moon.  My mom use to work with commitments to the state mental hospital; they too went up during a full moon.
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline blondeguy

• Super Sly
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2007, 09:52:00 PM »
I knicked myself last night and got a bleeder.  Must be something going around.

Offline Sgt. Pate

• Sly Bureau
  • ~ Semper Fi ~ Sly Till I Die! ~
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2007, 10:59:52 PM »
I came close last night obsessing about a few rough spots.

I was already in bed and felt them… jumped up and being the “man” I am, grabbed the Fusion and whacked them off dry!  Left a very attractive red stripe too!    g@@4    If I had tried just a little bit harder I could have struck blood!  :*))

"Never pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." - Clint Smith

Offline Beer Barron

• Super Sly
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2007, 03:12:55 AM »

I'll buy that for a dollar!

I came close last night obsessing about a few rough spots.

I was already in bed and felt them… jumped up and being the “man” I am, grabbed the Fusion and whacked them off dry!  Left a very attractive red stripe too!    g@@4    If I had tried just a little bit harder I could have struck blood!  :*))

My roomate freshman year of college used to shave his face dry sometimes!  That boy wasn't too right. :px

Offline VFRWolf

• Sly VFR Rider
  • Super Sly
    • My off roading page
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2007, 04:34:00 AM »
Must be something going around, I took a good chunk out of my head Friday morning last week, I haven't cut myself shaving in a year or 2.   :*))
Rob
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/071117/sampa714ba256de1d637.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2007, 06:58:58 AM »
Ditto, have had no problems then yesterday got a real good nick in the back.  I have found though that using Neosporan helps speed up the healing time. 
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline Dtopford

• Sly
  • after the shave
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2007, 03:46:29 PM »
LOL well no nicks here, but for those wondering the scalp is absolutly full of tiny little blood vessels (generaly more than the rest of your body) So that being said if you do get a Nich it is gonna bleed like a stuck pig for a while. One time when I was a lot younger I came off a horse and hit my head on the asphault bled for like 20 min. But when it stopped we got to looking and it was a cut in the surface no more than 1/4 inch long.

Ohh yea and as for Srgs dry shave . we had a knuckle head in boot camp who didn't want to shave with the rest of us.... SO the RDC (drill instructer) made him dry shave right in front of all of us. This wouldn't have been to bad, except that he had to use one of the 99 cent disposables with the single blade (ala crappy/dangerous). that kid's face broke out and stayed that way for about 3 weeks.

Offline MR. CLEAN

• All the Ladies wanta Know me, All the Fellas' wanta be me... 'Cause I'm Money
  • Super Sly
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2007, 03:57:35 PM »
I hear ya, it was about a week ago when i took a piece out of my sideburn area... That never happens.  Weird!  got to remember to be extra carefull with the shave around the full moon!
Peace

Offline Beer Barron

• Super Sly
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2007, 04:24:38 PM »
Was it the full moon or have we all been feeling really good about oursevles and had to take it down a notch?  LOL.  I've definitely gone a bit slower these last few days to avoid another mess.

Enter your email address: